Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's an interesting read. I'm curious to know when they plan on rolling out the technology.

On current gen Bronco's we'll be using the established 2.3L and 2.7L ecoboost engines and I can't imagine it would be cheap to have the engine swapped once these new Maserati tech engines become available.

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's an interesting read. I'm curious to know when they plan on rolling out the technology.

On current gen Bronco's we'll be using the established 2.3L and 2.7L ecoboost engines and I can't imagine it would be cheap to have the engine swapped once these new Maserati tech engines become available.
It's not really clear how this tech would be deployed. It seems as though the pilot project engine is the 3.5--or maybe it's just the comparisons being made to the 3.5--but the 2.7 and 2.3 are pretty popular engines across the Ford lineup, so one would imagine that if the results are successful, the designs will propagate to at least those two other engines. It seems a bit off right now, but who would complain about another 4+ MPG without having to give up power? :)

Last edited:

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 injectors? With an air compression injector and another spark plug? Seems like a lot of tech to potentially go wrong. The article mentions another solution using 3 traditional spark plugs instead.. that seems much simpler.

Edit: oh this is an old post..
Sponsored