Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost every CV separation reported here has been from removing the axle from the hub. People continue to say that's the correct way to do it since that's the way Ford specifies, but almost every separation has come from that process. I've pulled coilovers on different Broncos 4 times without removing the axle from the hub and you would almost have to purposefully move the hub to an extreme angle to separate the CV. I think I'll keep doing it my way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Almost every CV separation reported here has been from removing the axle from the hub. People continue to say that's the correct way to do it since that's the way Ford specifies, but almost every separation has come from that process. I've pulled coilovers on different Broncos 4 times without removing the axle from the hub and you would almost have to purposefully move the hub to an extreme angle to separate the CV. I think I'll keep doing it my way.

Happened to me

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

How would you recommend? Dropping LCAā€™s?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would you recommend? Dropping LCAā€™s?

Yes. There is a good video around from a couple years ago easily showing how to do it I think from Stage 3 Motorsports.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. There is a good video around from a couple years ago easily showing how to do it I think from Stage 3 Motorsports.
I was getting frustrated not being able to line things up while doing my lift and UCAS and I tried budging/ loosing the lcasā€¦. Needless to say mine were on there so tight I thought they might as well have been welded on.

Only the drivers side game issues

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was getting frustrated not being able to line things up while doing my lift and UCAS and I tried budging/ loosing the lcasā€¦. Needless to say mine were on there so tight I thought they might as well have been welded on.

1/2" M18 Fuel Impact is almost required to work on these broncos.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it moves and shouldn't: apply duct tape.

If it doesn't move and should: apply WD40.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Working on the garage floor with no impact, use your feet and legs. Or better yet have a 3 foot breaker bar.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I Just installed my zone spacer, perch lift w/ UCA's on my 2021, non sasquatch, Black Diamond. After doing the work everything was fine and "tight", I took it for a test drive and nothing seemed out of place. the next day I brought it for an alignment and now my axle is tight left to right but if I wrap my hand around it and jerk it, I mean, push and pull front to back, I can make it rattle like a maraca šŸ˜‚ (for lack of a better term). Took it to ford and they stated, "there seems to be nothing wrong with the axle and there doesn't seem to be any safety concerns". Needless to say, that isn't making me feel more comfortable, seeing as the passengers side does not behave in the same manner. I am afraid that it is putting more stress on that axle side.

Does anyone have any insight? Also, where can I buy the left side axle only? I think my trim/non sasquatch has the 190 axles

I think due to running it like this for a couple of weeks (thanks to Fordā€™s, no safety concern recommendation) Iā€™ve now ruined something. 2h feels ā€œheld upā€ but 4h feels normal.

Does anyone have my insight on this?

What could it be? I now will trust my own opinion and these forums more than an actual ford tech from my dealership. SMH. I should have went with my gut instinct.
Sponsored