Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone done a footwell Subwoofer on the front passenger side footwell? If so, can you share pictures?

I think there is enough room to get an 8" or 10" custom enclosure built and installed and sacrafices minimal to no leg room. Thoughts? Concerns? Pictures are.for other makes and models.

Ford Bronco Footwell Subwoofer? Photo+Mar+25+6+36+23+PM1397591378

Ford Bronco Footwell Subwoofer? sub1398306913

Ford Bronco Footwell Subwoofer? Enclosure-Locations-2
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven’t seen one of these in a while, never really thought about it. With some of the smaller or thin woofers you would likely be able to get away with it with less space being taken up. I like JL Audio stuff, currently have a 12tw3 in a sealed box in the back but was planning on making a custom one for the stock location. Likely won’t happen since I used terrible judgement and went with a 12 over the 10 and have not worked in a shop for some time, so I am slow rolling that project. Kicker has an 8 LT7 which is a 8” square thin or shallow sub that could work for your application.

OP
OP

BroncoRush

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven’t seen one of these in a while, never really thought about it. With some of the smaller or thin woofers you would likely be able to get away with it with less space being taken up. I like JL Audio stuff, currently have a 12tw3 in a sealed box in the back but was planning on making a custom one for the stock location. Likely won’t happen since I used terrible judgement and went with a 12 over the 10 and have not worked in a shop for some time, so I am slow rolling that project. Kicker has an 8 LT7 which is a 8” square thin or shallow sub that could work for your application.
What would be the cons of going this route?

I'm about to replace the kick panel speakers and upgrade the rear to 6.5s. I was thinking of just adding a self powered sub under a seat and using the highs as input. Not to be cheap but to limit the amount of gear in the Bronco. But, I'm not against making a custom enclosure for an 8" or 10" sub in the footwell. I assume their are cons to it since I haven't seen anyone else do this already.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think most people would be upset with the loss of foot room but if you don’t mind then it doesn’t matter haha. I would def put a grill cover over the sub if you go the footwell route. There are a few boxes that are out there that fit into the stock subwoofer location if you didn’t want to lose space back there. @RagnarKon has a YouTube video using the factory sub box with an aftermarket sub. That way you would have all your space in the footwell and in the cargo area.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Figured I would save you the time searching, haha.

OP
OP

BroncoRush

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think most people would be upset with the loss of foot room but if you don’t mind then it doesn’t matter haha. I would def put a grill cover over the sub if you go the footwell route. There are a few boxes that are out there that fit into the stock subwoofer location if you didn’t want to lose space back there. @RagnarKon has a YouTube video using the factory sub box with an aftermarket sub. That way you would have all your space in the footwell and in the cargo area.
I have looked at the stealth boxes and even thought about buying a factory enclosure and putting a sub in that way. I think I'll wait till I swap the kick panel speakers out and upgrade to 6.5s in the back before committing to a sub system. I just like the idea of self powered subs where I can piggy back off of the kick panel speaker.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone done a footwell Subwoofer on the front passenger side footwell? If so, can you share pictures?

I think there is enough room to get an 8" or 10" custom enclosure built and installed and sacrafices minimal to no leg room. Thoughts? Concerns? Pictures are.for other makes and models.

i went with mti tail gate sub box out of the way and many options

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, I would say no for so many reasons... weather and leg room mostly. I'd find a different spot, but that's just me.

Sponsored

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had to go this route, I’d rather put it up under the dash instead of where feet go.

OP
OP

BroncoRush

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I had to go this route, I’d rather put it up under the dash instead of where feet go.
I was looking at the Area in the footwell that is above where the floor at ends to up and under the dash.

I'm probably not going this route, I was hoping to find someone who has done it and see if they could provide perspective on it.

Brutal-Force

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got tired of waiting for JL to come out with a Stealthbox, and for the price I think I can do a little better. I asked Jeep Pro to modify an existing box they offer with the 10TW3-D4 recessed template.

I can wire the two Subs to 1 ohm and run off of my Kicker Key 500.1. Later if I want to upgrade the sub, it should more than handle the upgrade. I don't really think I will need to as I am not really a bass head. All in I will be paying about $1266.

I will post a picture once installed.

Ford Bronco Footwell Subwoofer? 1685583627449

Ford Bronco Footwell Subwoofer? 1685583683026

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got tired of waiting for JL to come out with a Stealthbox, and for the price I think I can do a little better. I asked Jeep Pro to modify an existing box they offer with the 10TW3-D4 recessed template.

I can wire the two Subs to 1 ohm and run off of my Kicker Key 500.1. Later if I want to upgrade the sub, it should more than handle the upgrade. I don't really think I will need to as I am not really a bass head. All in I will be paying about $1266.

I will post a picture once installed.

Curious to see where this ends up. Under a seat?

Brutal-Force

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious to see where this ends up. Under a seat?
It will be a tailgate. I had read that people were having a difficult time putting in a better speaker in the Stinger Tailgate, and its a single phoenix gold.

I had already tried a kicker downfire in the trunk, but it took up too much floor space. I had considered hanging it on the tailgate, but it only comes in 2 or 4 ohms. I wanted two 2 ohm speakers I could wire to 1 ohm for my amp AND I wasn't against a tailgate sub, but I wanted a little more quality speakers.

It is probably just in my head, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I was never going to fit two 10" subs behind the panels. =/

Edit: Not sure which seat you mean. There is no room under rear seats and the largest anything you can probably fit under front seats would be maybe an 8, but it really isn't enough room. Trunk or rear panels, that's about it. He has a variety of versions. I wanted something lower profile (Thinner) than the stinger. This box is made for low profile subs maybe 6" total in depth. About the same thickness as the Kicker 12" downfire.

Ford Bronco Footwell Subwoofer? 1685585851350
Sponsored

Last edited: