Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 TBird, 1971 GTO, 2004 Chopper, 2016 Indian
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reid,

After the first replacement installation, and rising temperatures, while still at the dealership, the gap occurred again. The dealership then modified the "first" replacement new cowl cover fastener hole(s) on each side (widened) - to widen the distance (and tighten) the cover at the base of the windshield along that mounting arc. The side mirror covers on either side however still limited the movement of the cowl cover. When the dealership widened the existing cowl cover mounting holes, the cowl cover fitment at the base of the windshield improved but was not completely resolved. I suggested that they mount a cowl cover from a new Bronco parked on the sales lot. They did. that cover was not otherwise modified, and and remains on my Bronco. That cowl cover too/also moves away from the base of the windshield when the temperature increases. It also moves 'back' to the base of the windshield when the temperatures decrease. You are correct, modification of the two mounting holes does help but does not entirely correct the design issue. I believe several factory engineered adjustments would solve the current situation. Those adjustments could include obviously, complete redesign of the cowl cover (ribs from the front of the cover to the base of the windshield and/or an inflexible mounting strip - separate from the cover - that the cover could mount to along the base of the windshield); and reengineering also could be considered for the mounting positions of the side mirrors to provide additional space for the cowl cover. Again, I would encourage any other owners to examine their cowl covers during higher temperatures and add their observations to this thread; or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Zach,

I hope that the FOMOCO engineers are looking at the front and rear fastener(s) reaction(s) to the higher temperatures. I will keep everyone posted regarding their findings reported to my local dealer- and my dealer response.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice okay I did that on one side but not the other, have you noticed that the clips on the underside sit in different positions as it flexes? I’m 2 minutes from my local dealer, stopped by there while I was out, they are going to replace this one. If it happens again (which I’m sure it will) I’ll live with it.
The clips at the front of mine are definitely a little wonky, including one that doesn't secure in its hole. However, I chalk that up to a semi-shoddy windshield replacement that was done this spring.

Lucky that your dealer is willing to replace it, I assume you are still in the warranty period? I get to attempt DIY options since I'm at ~50k miles in a 21' model

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reid,

After the first replacement installation, and rising temperatures, while still at the dealership, the gap occurred again. The dealership then modified the "first" replacement new cowl cover fastener hole(s) on each side (widened) - to widen the distance (and tighten) the cover at the base of the windshield along that mounting arc. The side mirror covers on either side however still limited the movement of the cowl cover. When the dealership widened the existing cowl cover mounting holes, the cowl cover fitment at the base of the windshield improved but was not completely resolved. I suggested that they mount a cowl cover from a new Bronco parked on the sales lot. They did. that cover was not otherwise modified, and and remains on my Bronco. That cowl cover too/also moves away from the base of the windshield when the temperature increases. It also moves 'back' to the base of the windshield when the temperatures decrease. You are correct, modification of the two mounting holes does help but does not entirely correct the design issue. I believe several factory engineered adjustments would solve the current situation. Those adjustments could include obviously, complete redesign of the cowl cover (ribs from the front of the cover to the base of the windshield and/or an inflexible mounting strip - separate from the cover - that the cover could mount to along the base of the windshield); and reengineering also could be considered for the mounting positions of the side mirrors to provide additional space for the cowl cover. Again, I would encourage any other owners to examine their cowl covers during higher temperatures and add their observations to this thread; or not.
Yeah, your issue definitely looks more pronounced than mine. Just figured I would add more context/ideas for people with less of a gap.

I hope that maybe the 2026 (or whenever Ford does the mid cycle refresh on Bronco) they maybe have a stronger cowl that could be swapped to older trucks for ~$150-$200.

Do you know what the current Cowl costs from Ford parts?

Another idea I'm exploring is getting a thin rubber weatherstripping from McMasterCarr that can sit in the gap underneath the plastic blade that contacts the windshield. It would need to be thin enough that it didn't cause the cowl to be pushed outwards, while still preventing leaves and pine needles from collecting at the windshield frame.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Zach,

I hope that the FOMOCO engineers are looking at the front and rear fastener(s) reaction(s) to the higher temperatures. I will keep everyone posted regarding their findings reported to my local dealer- and my dealer response.
Re: weatherstripping idea.

Rubber gasket in this open area??
Ford Bronco Fitment/Alignment - black plastic 'Cowl Cover' with Windshield 1000002314

Sponsored
OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reid,

A roof leak can be addressed any number of ways - some worse to look at than others.. A new home purchased 'with' a leaking roof (by the architect/builder) is very frustrating.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reid,

A roof leak can be addressed any number of ways - some worse to look at than others.. A new home purchased 'with' a leaking roof (by the architect/builder) is very frustrating.
100% agree.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't think mine does this, I'll check tonight, but the drivers side definitely won't stay clipped in and pops up.

OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check during the heat of the day, not at night or after temps have cooled.
Sponsored