Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not entirely sold on the idea that electric vehicles are "greener" or "better". The manufacturing process requires a lot of raw materials and processes that aren't "green". How "green" are the power plants? How many more power plants will we need? Anybody think about battery disposal? I'm not sure we're ready for this transformation... Just my 2 cents...
maybe... but we can't wait till it's perfect. Any steps in the right direction are going to make it better.

Remember? The first iphone couldn't send texts... so it wasn't perfect at first, but they kept innovating.

Plus you say they aren't that green, and they may not be 'totally' green. But greener than oil & gas. So sure you might be trading one evil for another, right now. But this is the future, and it's only going to be better. Oil & Gas has run its course... I'm pretty sure they've gotten the most of it they're going to get. Electric is the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"The Bronco is super cute though"...LOL
Face palm! I know I know lol.

Hey it looks like about 100 people have viewed this should I add a poll to see how many watched the video?

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
maybe... but we can't wait till it's perfect. Any steps in the right direction are going to make it better.

Remember? The first iphone couldn't send texts... so it wasn't perfect at first, but they kept innovating.

Plus you say they aren't that green, and they may not be 'totally' green. But greener than oil & gas. So sure you might be trading one evil for another, right now. But this is the future, and it's only going to be better. Oil & Gas has run its course... I'm pretty sure they've gotten the most of it they're going to get. Electric is the future.
BP, Shell, Exxon and the rest agree with this if you look at their investment portfolios.

Sponsored

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She's definitely right about one thing. It won't be "green" sensibility that drives people towards electric vehicles, it'll be cool features like built-in generators, ridiculous 0-60 times, monstrous torque, and the ability to cheaply charge the vehicles. The infrastructure will eventually catch up with demand the same way gas stations popped up in the early 1900's.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Petroleum and coal produce most of the electric and what do you do with all the battery waste? The battery cell in the f250 is supposed to weigh over 800 lbs. Further it takes special suits and equipment to work on the vehicles in the event of an accident as electrocution is a possibility. No one seems to mention any of these things. Where do you charge them in rural stretches with big expanses of nothing and no towns for 100s of miles??

Might be an answer for certain circumstances but not for the masses particularly in middle or rural america.

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m all for technological advances but I hope in the race to electric it’s done responsibly. I feel like many of the auto makers are shooting for 2030 to be mostly electric. Mining lithium is not a very green process and there are many articles on the interwebs about it. I hope research on biofuels such as using algae keep going cause I need to put something in the tanks of my classic cars.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Petroleum and coal produce most of the electric and what do you do with all the battery waste? The battery cell in the f250 is supposed to weigh over 800 lbs. Further it takes special suits and equipment to work on the vehicles in the event of an accident as electrocution is a possibility. No one seems to mention any of these things. Where do you charge them in rural stretches with big expanses of nothing and no towns for 100s of miles??

Might be an answer for certain circumstances but not for the masses particularly in middle or rural america.
I mean the number one thing people seem to talk about with battery electric vehicles is convenience and ability to charge. It's not a flip that will be switched overnight. Infrastructure will grow with the wider adoption of the vehicle. The landscape for electric vehicles is at an inflection point and will begin changing much more rapidly than before.

Battery recycling will become much more prevalent as battery and resource needs become greater.

Maintenance will be something the industry will need to adapt to, but a major benefit of batter powered vehicles is significantly fewer moving parts so from a consumer standpoint the need for maintenance should be much less and less frequent.

It's not perfect now and has lots of questions to address as you've brought up, but waiting to commit until every single question has a solution in place is too late. The industry will find solutions to problems as it develops and grows.

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m all for technological advances but I hope in the race to electric it’s done responsibly. I feel like many of the auto makers are shooting for 2030 to be mostly electric. Mining lithium is not a very green process and there are many articles on the interwebs about it. I hope research on biofuels such as using algae keep going cause I need to put something in the tanks of my classic cars.
Good news: "Porsche's Synthetic eFuel Could Make ICE Cars as Clean as EVs" https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp35577611/porsche-synthetic-efuel-clean-emissions-testing/

Deleted member 21681

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that electric vehicles are "greener" or "better". The manufacturing process requires a lot of raw materials and processes that aren't "green". How "green" are the power plants? How many more power plants will we need? Anybody think about battery disposal? I'm not sure we're ready for this transformation... Just my 2 cents...
It’s only “greener” if you never stop to consider that, for many (if not most) of us, electricity is coal-generated. So, at the moment, “electric vehicle” is generally a euphemism for “coal-powered vehicle.” Sort of shoots the “anti fossil-fuel” argument right in the nuts. By all means, innovate. Increase efficiency. But we aren’t there right now and anyone that says we are is... trying to be charitable here... a bit under-informed regarding the operations of the world around them.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean the number one thing people seem to talk about with battery electric vehicles is convenience and ability to charge. It's not a flip that will be switched overnight. Infrastructure will grow with the wider adoption of the vehicle. The landscape for electric vehicles is at an inflection point and will begin changing much more rapidly than before.

Battery recycling will become much more prevalent as battery and resource needs become greater.

Maintenance will be something the industry will need to adapt to, but a major benefit of batter powered vehicles is significantly fewer moving parts so from a consumer standpoint the need for maintenance should be much less and less frequent.

It's not perfect now and has lots of questions to address as you've brought up, but waiting to commit until every single question has a solution in place is too late. The industry will find solutions to problems as it develops and grows.
Rural America is not going to be able to have charging stations every 30 miles or so in the middle of no where. Great for fleets or big city folks but not anywhere else. And it really won't be much greener with battery disposal and Petroleum or coal generating most of the electricity grid.

Just trading one evil for another.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Blah blah blah

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rural America is not going to be able to have charging stations every 30 miles or so in the middle of no where. Great for fleets or big city folks but not anywhere else. And it really won't be much greener with battery disposal and Petroleum or coal generating most of the electricity grid.

Just trading one evil for another.
every 50 miles coming to TN.
Sponsored