Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Steve Maxx(finance guy)
I want to inform you that I will do everything in my power to expose our bad experience with you. First of all, we were approved by Ford Credit and you did not share that interest rate with us. Same for BECU. All you had was a piece of paper with the numbers to sell whatever product you want to sell with no benefit for us. You tricked us into buying a $4k extended warranty that I will cancel. Protective Asset has a high number of complaints on Better Business Bureau. How come you did not offer us the Ford extended warranty product. I can buy a Ford direct extended warranty PremiumCare for about $1,600.00. You manipulated us to believe that we were getting a loan with our local BECU Credit Union, but We have loan documentation with Capital One. So, what is the process of changing the signed loan documents with Capital One to BECU as you promised my wife that you will do? are you are going to forge my wife's signature? By the way, BECU called my wife today and left a message asking if we are still planning to go with them for the auto loan. You made us feel sick and so mistreated!
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So...why are you posting this? Do you want the B6g community to do something, or wait while you work this out?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Steve Maxx(finance guy)
I want to inform you that I will do everything in my power to expose our bad experience with you. First of all, we were approved by Ford Credit and you did not share that interest rate with us. Same for BECU. All you had was a piece of paper with the numbers to sell whatever product you want to sell with no benefit for us. You tricked us into buying a $4k extended warranty that I will cancel. Protective Asset has a high number of complaints on Better Business Bureau. How come you did not offer us the Ford extended warranty product. I can buy a Ford direct extended warranty PremiumCare for about $1,600.00. You manipulated us to believe that we were getting a loan with our local BECU Credit Union, but We have loan documentation with Capital One. So, what is the process of changing the signed loan documents with Capital One to BECU as you promised my wife that you will do? are you are going to forge my wife's signature? By the way, BECU called my wife today and left a message asking if we are still planning to go with them for the auto loan. You made us feel sick and so mistreated!
Yes, auto dealers make additional money using certain preferred lenders, and it can be difficult getting them to use the one you've pre-approved with. And yes, lately there's been a trend for dealers to use other warranties than Ford Protect (ESP). They must make more with these non-Ford vendors. It can be very frustrating as a customer to navigate these sales practices.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shoulda gone to Bickfords instead they are great family owned and operated!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaboticaba

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you read the papers you were signing?
We were signing documents in a big screen on the desk. They no longer do a paper version. It was so confusing. The document was upside down, then he would flip the document to only show where to sign. We left without a print out. They no longer print documents, they send everything via email. We got home, opened the PDF zip file and found the mess

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Steve Maxx(finance guy)
Sorry you had a bad experience. I used Sound Ford and paid MSRP and was in and out in 30 minutes with a great rate.

OP
OP
jaboticaba

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So...why are you posting this? Do you want the B6g community to do something, or wait while you work this out?
I’m just letting the community know about our experience. It’s been so stressful.
Sorry you had a bad experience. I used Sound Ford and paid MSRP and was in and out in 30 minutes with a great rate.
We got a 5.69% with Capital One. That’s not bad. But we love our Credit Union. We built a relationship with them. We got pre approved by them. We also got pre approved by Ford. None that played on during the process, he had an agenda.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel the warranty immediately and get refunded. Talk to BECU and let them know you want to refinance with them. After that, go purchase the Ford ESP warranty through Granger or any of the other dealers offering them discounted. While I liked my dealer experience as a whole, they didn't want to use my pre-approved financing. The dealer came back with a higher interest rate and wouldn't offer a 48 month note. I had the Bronco refinanced within the week at 48 months and a better rate than the pre-approval. Dealers make money off of the financing and will sometimes steer you into what's best for their pocket, not yours. Refinance now and yank that rug out from under them.

CP2020

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang/Chevy trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We were signing documents in a big screen on the desk. They no longer do a paper version. It was so confusing. The document was upside down, then he would flip the document to only show where to sign. We left without a print out. They no longer print documents, they send everything via email. We got home, opened the PDF zip file and found the mess
That was your first mistake. Signing things you didn’t read or understand
Sponsored