Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very good actually. Except it only made more power until about 3,700 rpm. It's was somewhat significant (+20hp and +32lb ft at 3,000rpm). This is even more impressive when a 30 degree jump in ambient temperature is accounted for. After 3,700 RPM the computer stepped in and limited power. The Dyno operator (Dyno Dan) thinks the "Cat Over Temp" parameter kicked in and the computer pulled timing and dumped fuel to cool the cats. This is of course a hypothesis, as we weren't data logging anything. The goal was to see how much extra power we could get with just bolt ons and no tuning. I have CVF Turbo back exhaust, intercooler and hot side/cold side pipes. The gains are significant and noticable.

I just looked into it, and the most reliable data occurs at 3,600 RPM. At that RPM those bolt ons made +65whp and +98lb ft. That's with a baseline run taken on a 65 degree day and the final run taken on a 89 degree day. I'm very impressed!

In short it's time to tune it. 😁

@CVF-Jason
Nice results. Can you post the dyno graphs? Also, did you do the pulls in 5th gear?
Sponsored