First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed the downpipes today. I had them Jet-hot coated as I was concerned with the lack of heat shields compared to factory.

I'm running an AFE dual muffler exhaust with single outlet. Still pretty tame after the downpipes installed and no rasp. I had originally went with a dual muffler and single outlet exhaust as I didn't want the exhaust to be much louder than stock, just more throaty.

20231208_173318.jpg
I just got the whole turbo-back system in, and I have not installed it yet because I am looking into getting a coating like this done locally both for heat, and because I want the muffler black so it isnt so visible underneath. Does anyone have any feedback on getting this type of coating done and the performance? Any suggestions for a good place in the Houston area?
Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done it before on motorcycle headers and it’s awesome.

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 1956 Chevy Bel-Air
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its the corsa pro series resonator 2.5" (stock piping). One thing to note is its not bolt on ready if youre thinking of doing it yourself. The resonator needs to be expanded on both ends for the "slip fits" so the stock midpipe can slide in.
Installed my set of CVF downpipes today and have the same rasp as everyone else has mentioned. I already ordered the Corsa resonator. Quick question regarding your statement about expanding the ends, is this something I can do at the house or do I need to take it somewhere to have it done?

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed my set of CVF downpipes today and have the same rasp as everyone else has mentioned. I already ordered the Corsa resonator. Quick question regarding your statement about expanding the ends, is this something I can do at the house or do I need to take it somewhere to have it done?
you can take it to a muffler shop and have them expand it. or purchase a expander on harbor freight to save some money. But be warned its a pain without a way to clamp down the resonator to keep it from spinning.

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you can take it to a muffler shop and have them expand it. or purchase a expander on harbor freight to save some money. But be warned its a pain without a way to clamp down the resonator to keep it from spinning.
Thanks for the feedback, didn't think it would need to be expanded that much being the resonator is supposed to be 2.5" slip fits, but I'll snag an expander. Do you mind sharing a picture of the resonator installed?

I'm basically going to be having the same setup, CVF downpipes, this resonator, and the Magnaflow Street setup.

Sponsored

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the feedback, didn't think it would need to be expanded that much being the resonator is supposed to be 2.5" slip fits, but I'll snag an expander. Do you mind sharing a picture of the resonator installed?

I'm basically going to be having the same setup, CVF downpipes, this resonator, and the Magnaflow Street setup.
Corsa lists it as "Slip-on" but they never expanded it. They only cut the slots in. Seems like they're getting lazy. I'll snap a photo over the weekend. I took the stock exhaust off and installed a corsa and man... the rattles back even after a resonator. Debating if I should install another corsa's smallest resonator that's for the 2.7" piping (because that's all I have the space for now).

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Corsa lists it as "Slip-on" but they never expanded it. They only cut the slots in. Seems like they're getting lazy. I'll snap a photo over the weekend. I took the stock exhaust off and installed a corsa and man... the rattles back even after a resonator. Debating if I should install another corsa's smallest resonator that's for the 2.7" piping (because that's all I have the space for now).
Damn, that's unfortunate to hear. I'm mainly trying to just get some of the rasp at 3800-4000 down a bit. Not sure what it is about these motors, but there is just no way to get them to sound good. Then again, I've been saying that about all Ford motors since they came out with the Coyote.

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, that's unfortunate to hear. I'm mainly trying to just get some of the rasp at 3800-4000 down a bit. Not sure what it is about these motors, but there is just no way to get them to sound good. Then again, I've been saying that about all Ford motors since they came out with the Coyote.
Yup, thats the rpms i was getting my rasp with the stock exhaust. If you have the stock exhaust then the corsa resonator will get rid of the rasp.

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup, thats the rpms i was getting my rasp with the stock exhaust. If you have the stock exhaust then the corsa resonator will get rid of the rasp.
I've got the Magnaflow Street Series Axleback which is one of the more tame aftermarket ones out there. It sounds great with stock downpipes, but once throwing these on its a bit over the top. Granted everything before 3500 and after 4200 sounds absolutely great, super deep tone. Just that mid range that needs to be figured out. So hoping the resonator does the job.

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quick update, got the Corsa resonator installed today and it definitely takes away a ton of the rasp. So regarding the downpipes, I definitely recommend spending a few extra dollars to add in a resonator in the midpipe or you're going to have a bunch of annoying rasp at 3800-4200. I also recommend getting at least a 14" resonator instead of a little stubby one, my Bronco sounds nice and deep again, which is hard to do with these 2.7 Ecoboost motors.

But the downpipes themselves are a work of art. CVF has killer products for the Broncos and you can't beat the price for some high-quality products.
Sponsored