Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2021 Black Diamond with 8 inch screen. The Compass on 8 inch screen always indicates North and the clock auto update feature.will not work. My Bronco still under warranty, so I took it in to the Dealership 3 separate times, each time for at least a day. They replaced multiple modules and antenna splitter. They had Ford Tech help from factory. They did all the software updates available. They said Ford acknowledged this is a known issue and at some point in the future Ford would push an OTA to fix this. I know there are other threads that talk about this, but figured I give an update based on my very recent experience.
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless they put a better compass on the Black Diamond model than what my Bronco came with, it only really has eight positions, same as what my Escape does (but the Bronco has "dial"). I consider the compass to be close to worthless. I use my phone or my GPS if I want to know exactly what direction I'm going.

As for the clock, is it really that hard to just set the thing once?

Both of your issues are stuff that I would just ignore. To me, it is not worth the aggravation to try to get those trivial things fixed.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, my compass stuck, IDK about clock thing, after OTA that fixed stuck backup cam in 4L. I figured they'd mess more up if I took it in to fix. Good to hear an OTA might be coming, hope it doesn't break anything else.
The compasses are not that useful, but annoying when they are not working. The compass top center in IP still works.

OP
OP
ricstang

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First of all, I still love my 22 Black Diamond. I would not have worried about these items of it was not still under warranty. I just wish Ford had a better handle on software issues.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just wish Ford had a better handle on software issues.
That is exactly the reason why I turned off the automatic update and have not allowed any software updates at all to my 2021. I haven't found a single thing that I want different.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - that's my motto.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Noticed today the compass on the Sync screen is stuck on North. The one on the driver display still works correctly (or as well as any 8 direction electronic compass works)

When I got it back from an oil change a couple weeks ago I noticed a couple issues.

1 - clock was somehow set to universal/Greenwitch time and would not auto-update, so I manually set it.

2 - hill start assist was set to on, I turned the stupid thing off the day I bought it.

Don't know about the compass then because I normally don't have that screen up

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco definitely got the cheap end of the compass. Saturday I picked up a new Super Duty that I ordered. Just a Lariat which is a lower middle of the road trim. The compass on it show the actual direction in degrees, Lat and Long, and well as the elevation. Crazy cool.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The compass on it show(s) the actual direction in degrees, Lat and Long, and well as the elevation. Crazy cool.
That means that it has a GPS in it. When I use my GPS unit in my Bronco all of that stuff is available on its screen as well.
Sponsored