ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've experienced a clicking sound on my Wildtrak, coming from behind the driver's side, down low. Noticed it from new, and test drove 2 other bronco's at the dealer (one badlands, and another wildtrak) which also had it. Initially, I assumed it was coming from something in the cargo area, as they had all the top & door bags back there (some with the metal clips). But after having the vehicle now for several weeks, I realize that's not it.

It sounds, and behaves as if it's a dangling wire with a plastic coupling or something on the end, that swings into the bodywork or undercarriage as the vehicle moves. Acceleration will normally produce one click, but if the vehicle is jostled side to side, it will click multiple times. Again, as if it's swinging back and forth and tapping metal on each swing.

After searching on here I've found two similar issues: One coming from the top, and another coming from down low. I feel I can rule the top out, as it definitely seems to be coming from down low. I realize sound can be really deceptive, so I have checked the top and didn't find anything.

The second was a loose trailer hitch wiring & coupling behind one of the rear fender wells. This one seemed promising at first until I learned it was on a vehicle without the tow package, so the wiring was there but disconnected. But since my Wildtrak has the tow package, any such wiring should be connected on mine. I planned to ask the dealer about it, and my remove the plastic wheel wells too, but thought I'd check here first.

Any ideas?

I've crawled underneath as well, and inspected the undercarriage from the transfer case to the rear bumper and didn't find anything.
Sponsored

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB Badsquatch, Land Rover LR3, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably completely unrelated, but I had a click that varied with speed. drove me crazy. Finally figured out it was a sticker on the driveshaft that had worked loose slapping each time it went around 🤣

Cletus

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Heritage, 92 Mustang GT vert, 67 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Probably completely unrelated, but I had a click that varied with speed. drove me crazy. Finally figured out it was a sticker on the driveshaft that had worked loose slapping each time it went around 🤣
There is a surprising amount of stickers on these… they’re everywhere with their rando QR codes.

OP
OP
ATLien

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah definitely found a ton of stickers underneath. A sticker flapping around might even be more annoying as it would be more constant. This one happens on take off, side movement, stops, speed bumps, etc. But it's quiet at speed

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a surprising amount of stickers on these… they’re everywhere with their rando QR codes.
Gotta track parts moving through production somehow

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I definitely get a clicking noise when driving on dry pavement after getting a stone stuck in my treads. Keep a small screwdriver handy to pop them out at the next stop.

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you are describing the gnarly tailgate rattle sound. If so there is no apparent permanent solution and the forum believes it is coming from rivets that hold the spare tire bracket to the tailgate which flex under acceleration or bouncing forces. Sounds like engine knocking except it comes from the back of the Bronco. Seems that the weight of the Sasquatch tire causes it, you can try driving with the spare off to test if that removes the sound.

Does it sound like this?

OP
OP
ATLien

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you are describing the gnarly tailgate rattle sound. If so there is no apparent permanent solution and the forum believes it is coming from rivets that hold the spare tire bracket to the tailgate which flex under acceleration or bouncing forces. Sounds like engine knocking except it comes from the back of the Bronco. Seems that the weight of the Sasquatch tire causes it, you can try driving with the spare off to test if that removes the sound.

Does it sound like this?
It actually does sound a lot like that. I may have gotten a couple clicks going around a corner like that, but maybe they did here to, the video stops right after the first click. I think I saw a thread on that, but didn't think it was relevant until I heard this. I had found a video on youtube where one person noticed the lug nuts on the spare weren't tightened to spec. I tightened mine down a bit (though they seemed ok) and the sound was not affected. I can also grap the spare, move it back and forth to shake the whole vehicle, and don't hear the sound. But, I'm outside the vehicle while doing it, so I may try that with an assistant.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have a hardtop check your side glass, I had a noise I thought was coming from the sub area and it was the passenger side glass. When I was washing it I noticed the movement then could replicate by pushing out on the glass from the inside. Ford had to re-glue the window to fix.
Sponsored