Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We drove from the Port Orange area , just South of Daytona, a Good 2+ hour drive . But we'll worth it . Specially because we do not have anything like that here on the East Coast .
Are you going to make it to Xmas in July next weekend ?
I know that XMas in July is technically "next weekend". But I want to reiterate to others that it is this Saturday July 6th on Butler Beach. Many come into town on Friday and leave on Sunday. Hoping to have over 100 Broncos (last year there were 98) in attendance.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope to see a bunch of you in St. Augustine.

But some of you are hitting that mud hole like you never have had an alternator crap out on you. Glad you all dodged the bullet. But you spin the chamber enough, someone is going to catch it.
@Beach_Bum what's in St Augustine? Traveling there next month . . .

Flying Skunks

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that XMas in July is technically "next weekend". But I want to reiterate to others that it is this Saturday July 6th on Butler Beach. Many come into town on Friday and leave on Sunday. Hoping to have over 100 Broncos (last year there were 98) in attendance.

Aren't they one in the same ? They get together on the Beach in St Augustine?

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But some of you are hitting that mud hole like you never have had an alternator crap out on you. Glad you all dodged the bullet. But you spin the chamber enough, someone is going to catch it.
We’ve been to Citrus so many times that wifey won’t even go anymore. Says it’s become boring. Been on every single open trail multiple times. When an area starts to get really good, they fill it in or grade it smooth. E.G. trail 14 west and trail 16 (Peanut butter Hill).

You are absolutely correct on spinning “the chamber” one too many times. I’ve done the alternator dance and more, all at Citrus. There are some very deep water holes at Citrus. It’s the deep water that’s the most risky.

I don’t do water or mud anymore.

IMG_0912.jpeg

IMG_1456.jpeg

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Beach_Bum what's in St Augustine? Traveling there next month . . .
Other than being the Nation's Oldest Continuously Occupied City? Nothing big...

If you are in town for this coming weekend, then be sure to cruise down the beach until you see the lineup of Broncos. If you aren't going to be here this weekend, then there aren't any special events with regards to Broncos. I'd have to check the local groups (904JaxBroncos and Old City Broncos) calendar of events.
Aren't they one in the same ? They get together on the Beach in St Augustine?
The Christmas in July is the name of the event. But it's basically a Bronco beach gathering that is held the first Saturday after the 4th of July on Butler Beach. This year's charity is St. Jude's Children's Hospital and we have already raised $4k. A lot of vendors have supported the cause by donating merchandise that will be a part of the raffle. I think the one big item this year is @srqfabrications front winch bumper.

Sponsored

Flying Skunks

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are in town for this coming weekend, then be sure to cruise down the beach until you see the lineup of Broncos. If you aren't going to be here this weekend, then there aren't any special events with regards to Broncos. I'd have to check the local groups (904JaxBroncos and Old City Broncos) calendar of events.

The Christmas in July is the name of the event. But it's basically a Bronco beach gathering that is held the first Saturday after the 4th of July on Butler Beach. This year's charity is St. Jude's Children's Hospital and we have already raised $4k. A lot of vendors have supported the cause by donating merchandise that will be a part of the raffle. I think the one big item this year is @srqfabrications front winch bumper.

Sorry for My confusion. Yes , that's the Event I was thinking. We will be there for sure . Sorry for the Brain fart ..lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are absolutely correct on spinning “the chamber” one too many times. I’ve done the alternator dance and more, all at Citrus. There are some very deep water holes at Citrus. It’s the deep water that’s the most risky.

I don’t do water or mud anymore.
I don't want to be the no-fun police. People do what they want. But there is absolutely risk - more so with the Bronco - when it comes to dirty water/mud.

There was a group from the 904JaxBroncos group that had 5 alternators yeet themselves at Windrock 2 years ago. They were stranded essentially. Broncos taken to the local dealer and they had to carpool back to Jacksonville and then to make arrangements to get their Broncos when they were fixed. It was quite a costly ordeal. They posted a thread on B6G at the time.

Ford Bronco CFL Broncos offroad in Citrus, Florida 1719857160531-9a

Last edited:

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We drove from the Port Orange area , just South of Daytona, a Good 2+ hour drive . But we'll worth it . Specially because we do not have anything like that here on the East Coast .
Are you going to make it to Xmas in July next weekend ?
No, unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to Christmas in July but I hope to make other future events. I know a good amount of people who are attending though

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco CFL Broncos offroad in Citrus, Florida IMG_3355

My bronco and alternator survived the water holes at Citrus WMA haha. Ended up with my air filter clogged from the water so now I have a snorkel. Haven’t been this deep since though :p

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco CFL Broncos offroad in Citrus, Florida IMG_3355

My bronco and alternator survived the water holes at Citrus WMA haha. Ended up with my air filter clogged from the water so now I have a snorkel. Haven’t been this deep since though :p
I wish you nothing but the best and can only speak to the 2.3 L and personal experience, but it’s highly likely your alternator, serpentine belt idler pulley, and fan belt will fail within the next 1,000 miles or so from the grit in that very dirty water. When idler pulley seizes from the grit, the belt will break and you’ll get an engine overheating message. The bottom of the alternator is about 23” off the ground. In your picture the alternator, which is not sealed and the a/c compressor, which I believe is sealed, were under water. If your air filter was very wet, the turbo most likely ingested water. Not a good thing.

Our Broncos are extremely capable machines, but IMHO very poorly designed when it comes to handling mud and water. As I said above, I stay out of water and mud. Having to do that irritates me, but it is what it is. Good luck.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, there are no 4wd beaches in SC, so I either go up to Nags Head NC, or, during Football Season (after Jags games), Amelia and Hugenaut. We're going to concerts at the St Aug Amphitheater Aug 11 & Oct 19, so was hoping to explore those beaches then. Glad to know there are area Bronco groups . . . Is your group "Old City Broncos"? We spent a few days exploring St Augustine during the pandemic, looking forward to going back!

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish you nothing but the best and can only speak to the 2.3 L and personal experience, but it’s highly likely your alternator, serpentine belt idler pulley, and fan belt will fail within the next 1,000 miles or so from the grit in that very dirty water. When idler pulley seizes from the grit, the belt will break and you’ll get an engine overheating message. The bottom of the alternator is about 23” off the ground. In your picture the alternator, which is not sealed and the a/c compressor, which I believe is sealed, were under water. If your air filter was very wet, the turbo most likely ingested water. Not a good thing.

Our Broncos are extremely capable machines, but IMHO very poorly designed when it comes to handling mud and water. As I said above, I stay out of water and mud. Having to do that irritates me, but it is what it is. Good luck.
Oh this was about 20,000+ miles ago. The alternator has been fine. I even changed the alternator shield to the revised one about a year ago just to be on the safe side. This whole incident from my photo was posted on here when it happened because it was on Buckleup Buttercup’s video which her bronco 2.3L had alternator issues. People assumed because my bronco in the water was the cover photo that my bronco had alternator issues but I haven’t had any issues because of the water incident.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, there are no 4wd beaches in SC, so I either go up to Nags Head NC, or, during Football Season (after Jags games), Amelia and Hugenaut. We're going to concerts at the St Aug Amphitheater Aug 11 & Oct 19, so was hoping to explore those beaches then. Glad to know there are area Bronco groups . . . Is your group "Old City Broncos"? We spent a few days exploring St Augustine during the pandemic, looking forward to going back!
I'm a member of both the 904JaxBroncos and Old City Broncos groups. But neither is "my" group. I've not started or am an admin of any group.

With the summer rains, it has packed down the sand. But it only takes a few days to dry out in the summer sun. Often storms will set up along the sea breeze front along I95 and track west. Only when the Gulf sea breeze overcomes the Atlantic sea breeze, a strong front, or a tropical influenced storm skirts the coast do the beaches get their share of rain. Overall, any Bronco is more than capable to navigate our beaches. But they can still sink like any other vehicle.

Ford Bronco CFL Broncos offroad in Citrus, Florida Bronco Beach Stuck

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
By we, I mean the central florida bronco owners group. A friend in a GMC tagged along, but we had a good day! Enjoy!

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!
Sponsored