Sponsored

Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP - I was in your same scenario. I wanted something as stealthy as possible. So I went with the Rough Country 3.5” round Black Series with amber DRL. Probably the least obtrusive ditch lights available.

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It hurts my soul seeing 50% of ditch lights pointed straight ahead.
... If only there was some sort of direction provided in the name or something simple... :unsure:

To be fair, I think some people have them installed with a very slight angle to the sides, so they may appear to be straight, but really aren't.

Last edited:

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the idea of ditch lights - I do however need to ask, as I consider what I want to put on my a pillars, can anyone please post how they look from inside the Bronco? I keep a Performance tune module attached on my dashboard lower left, and between that, the a pillar itself, and the rear-view mirror, the blind spot in that area can get troublesome sometimes. I'm wondering how much more view-blocking happens if you install lights on them.

Also, I really like BajaDesigns but have to say I like that Morimoto bracket that seems to be set-back a bit so the light is very close to the a pillar itself. Baja do you have any mounting brackets that are similar in function?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the Baja Designs S2, love them! I found the antenna bracket on amazon, don't love it, its started to corrode.

PXL_20221204_235309405.jpg

PXL_20221204_235313141.jpg

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Title. Trying to stay as stock looking as possible, but have been doing some night trail driving and I'm in obvious need of more lighting.
PIAA, on my Oxford White Bronc. Believe their the "530 series". Hook-up a snap for electrical non-geniuses like me. Designed originally for front bumps but look stock sitting on the cowl, so I've been told by many. Round in form, "no square or rectangular baloney" they align and as well compliment the round headlights on the grille. NOT understated, but what is on a Bronc. Oh, their LED to boot. Sorry no pic's yet, pray coming soon. Tommy Bronc

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? IMG_3985

Finally remembered to get you guys a pic. This is the antenna bracket I need to work around. It should not be an issue for me to mount a LED bracket on top of the Rugged Radios antenna bracket using some longer screws. But I'd definitely need to find a bracket that would work with the two factory screw holes. If anyone has any recs, please let me know!

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I'm going to attempt to get the DD SSC2 Pro's to fit with my existing antenna setup. It sounds like "combo" would be best for ditch specific lighting. That sound right?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I'm going to attempt to get the DD SSC2 Pro's to fit with my existing antenna setup. It sounds like "combo" would be best for ditch specific lighting. That sound right?
Yes. The lenses are interchangeable, so it doesn't really matter.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I ended up going crazy and ordered the DD SSC3 Bronco ditch light kit, a set of SSC2’s, and a set of SSC1’s. I just finally determined I’m going to have to mock up all 3 models on my driver side to see which will work with my gmrs antenna and send the other back. I also grabbed a set of the morimoto brackets that set the lights a bit back from the mirrors just in case the sandard brackets won’t work. I’ll report back once everything gets delivered and I can begin my scientific research.
Sponsored