Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried it on a few trails at Bronco Safari and had mostly the same experience as everyone here with frequent app crashes, video rotated 90 degrees (no matter my orientation), no audio and wtf with the need to re-login when you're on a trail with no service?

I did find it useful on my last day, running Willow Springs Rd into the "backdoor" of Arches National Park. I was able to get the route and waypoints to show on my screen and as long as I didn't touch anything (including the "record" button), it was able to call out some cool waypoints of the trail like dinosaur tracks that I might have otherwise missed. It would be great to be able to provide waypoint feedback, such as misplacement, but overall it was helpful. I did find it odd that it only provided waypoints when following the trail from the expected starting point and finish point. Don't even try to take the trail in reverse.

Overall, I give it a B for the feature-set and a D for execution. I'm sure it will get better, but as a software PM myself, I'd be pissed at Leadership for forcing me ship this app before it was ready.
Sponsored

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was all set to use it this weekend on a little drive but ended up just using Gaia and Google instead lol.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I predict that this app will never work well and will be shut down within 2 years.

I don't know what Ford was thinking when they decided to implement this app. Ignoring all of the bugs, which is asking a lot, i have some concerns:

• How long will they support this app?
  • Why is it limited to Broncos? Why not include all of their vehicles that are marketed as being off-road capable?
  • Does Ford have any experience with making an app like this? Or any navigation apps?
  • Why not license some 3rd party to handle all of this, but maybe skin the app a little different for Ford/Bronco owners and simply throw in a free limited-time subscription?

Overall the entire idea seems to be shortsighted. I bet some mid-level manager said "we should have an app." When their team suggested 3rd-party licensing options and the cost, it was denied. This app was probably implemented in the cheapest way possible with no intention of supporting it for any length of time. It's entire purpose was to help market Bronco vehicle sales with zero after-sales support intentions.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does not work.

Unpairing my iPhone. Turing off Bluetooth. Attaching through a cable. Nothing works.

I love that it keeps telling me to open CarPlay but then it tells me it won’t work once I do.

not sure why I’m surprised

Ford Bronco Bronco Trail App Finally Released! 📲 IMG_5916

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for coming in and explaining things.
I’m not much of a tech guru, but, why can’t you see the curated trails on the screen of the bronco like you can on the phone? Yes, I’ve downloaded a couple trails near me and I can see those two, but it would be cool to see the others on the screen while driving.
I didn't see anyone respond to this? correct?

Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn this app is terrible! got more bugs than a rotten apple. I can’t get mine to track correctly, I just drive off the map lol

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I finally got out to the Bronco and was able to check.
So far, I am not a fan of CarPlay but that’s going to be the trade off to use this app have to have CarPlay enabled. Fortunately since this is the only thing that would require CarPlay, I can enable it when needed and turn it back off when I’m done.
Next issue…the app will not open and work in CarPlay if the app isn’t already open on your phone. Not a big deal, except it constantly wants you to log back into the app every time you open it.
next issue! And this is the big one! Every single time you press the big red button to start a recording the app crashes to desktop. Yep, the Bronco app closes and you’re on the CarPlay screen and the phone app crashes and closes back to desktop. And then back to a previous issue where you have to log in again.
Loren Healy posted on Instagram that they already made some custom maps. So this might just be an isolated issue. I get that the app is early in its release and there’s still gonna be bugs, but if I can’t record video because it crashes the app, that’s a pretty big feature that becomes a no go.
We finally got the app @Ford Motor Company has been promising us, but it seems their devs need to burn the midnight oil to address a lot of issues.
Did you figure out a solution to keep app from crashing when you hit record button? I am having same issue.

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried the app today in Sedona on broken arrow. Ford has some work to do. Was pretty cool until I got out of the rig for the first time. Then it made me log back into my ford account, which of course I didn’t have signal for. And when I finally got logged back in it crashed every time I hit record
Did you find a solution for app crashing when you hit record?

Sponsored

Tbrownski

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like they're working on the logout issue. Also hopefully adding biometrics, at least for the iOS app. Here's a dev response from my App Store review:

Hi, thank you for the review. We have identified a bug causing the app to log you out improperly, and will be releasing an update soon. Face ID / Touch ID is also on our list of potential future enhancements, so thank you for requesting it! If you have knowledge of some OHV areas we can add to the map, please send us an email at [email protected] and let us know what you'd like to see added. Thank you!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone having issues, there’s a new update to install that says it addresses some of the issues detailed here.

I know it’s frustrating with a new app, but bugs are normal once out in the wild. What’s important in my view, is that the company continue to support and update their apps. This update was pretty fast, so I hope it continues.

Trail App is pretty complex, but has a cool interface (once it works), so after another update or so, things may be in good shape.

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I still can't sign in...
Sponsored