Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm planning an Off Rodeo adventure this year before my freebie expires. I had planned to do New Hampshire due to proximity, but I'd like to make sure that I'm not missing out. Have any of y'all been to more than one Off Rodeo and if so, which would you recommend above all? If one is better suited for having your wife tag along (i.e. spas, shopping, entertainment outside the venue) please feel free to recommend as well.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't been, but looked into it recently as well...

Just to speak on entertainment outside of the venue, nothing is going to beat Las Vegas. It's easy to fly in and stay somewhere nice. Make a vacation out of it and see some shows and eat a Michelin Star meal.

There is nothing except desert for hundreds of miles around Moab; its beautiful but desolate, and is difficult to get to unless you're driving.

New Hampshire is forest and seems the most like MI where you live so that might be the most useful for you to attend. I'm in CO and that's what I figured. But decided if I go i'll just drive into Moab

The problem with Texas is that it's full of Texans (Im kidding Texans, take a breath before hitting that reply button.) You either love it or hate it. Considering how many people are moving to Colorado from Texas i'm guessing the latter. I've been a bunch (family lives there)and it's mostly just hot and somehow there is traffic everywhere.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If one is better suited for having your wife tag along (i.e. spas, shopping, entertainment outside the venue) please feel free to recommend as well.
If this is your hot button for choosing, and if you want to fly somewhere, Las Vegas would seem like a leading choice for the extra activities. I went to the LV Roadeo and I've been to Moab, both locations are great for wheeling. But Al is right about no night life in Moab and you need to drive to get there.

The location of the LV Roadeo is an hour out of the city, but I gotta believe airfare and hotel with rental can be a cheap package, if the right hotel on the right weekend far enough in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't been, but looked into it recently as well...

Just to speak on entertainment outside of the venue, nothing is going to beat Las Vegas. It's easy to fly in and stay somewhere nice. Make a vacation out of it and see some shows and eat a Michelin Star meal.

There is nothing except desert for hundreds of miles around Moab; its beautiful but desolate, and is difficult to get to unless you're driving.

New Hampshire is forest and seems the most like MI where you live so that might be the most useful for you to attend. I'm in CO and that's what I figured. But decided if I go i'll just drive into Moab

The problem with Texas is that it's full of Texans (Im kidding Texans, take a breath before hitting that reply button.) You either love it or hate it. Considering how many people are moving to Colorado from Texas i'm guessing the latter. I've been a bunch (family lives there)and it's mostly just hot and somehow there is traffic everywhere.
Very good points and I'm glad you pointed out the difficulty with MOAB, since I'll have to fly in. My top two at this point are Vegas and New Hampshire.

Thank you again!

Sponsored
OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this is your hot button for choosing, on you want to fly somewhere, Las Vegas would seem like a leading choice for the extra activities. I went to the LV Roadeo and I've been to Moab, both locations are great for wheeling. But Al is right about no night life in Moab and you need to drive to get there.

The location of the LV Roadeo is an hour out of the city, but I gotta believe airfare and hotel with rental can be a cheap package, if the right hotel on the right weekend far enough in advance.
Thank you very much and you're correct that this is a hot button for me. I was planning to fly into Boston spend a couple of days and then do the Rodeo in New Hampshire to make it fun for her. It seems as though the trip out to Vegas could be easier and more of a "vacay" than Boston. Nothing wrong with Boston, but you know, Vegas is on a different level.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very good points and I'm glad you pointed out the difficulty with MOAB, since I'll have to fly in. My top two at this point are Vegas and New Hampshire.

Thank you again!
My wife and I have been to both NH and LV OffRoadeos. NH was really cool and they have a great concert venue nearby, but the location is still pretty remote and was a 2 hour drive from the airport.

If you're flying in and want amenities, LV wins hands down.

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife and I have been to both NH and LV OffRoadeos. NH was really cool and they have a great concert venue nearby, but the location is still pretty remote and was a 2 hour drive from the airport.

If you're flying in and want amenities, LV wins hands down.
Thank you for your feedback, it is looking like LV is going to be my winner when factoring in the fun-for-all aspect.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did Vegas in 2021 and I am headed back next week to do the Raptor Experience. Vegas makes it easy to fly in/out and get to the location plus you just can tie it to extra vacation time in Vegas.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did Vegas in 2021 and I am headed back next week to do the Raptor Experience. Vegas makes it easy to fly in/out and get to the location plus you just can tie it to extra vacation time in Vegas.
Let us know what you think of the Raptor Experience. We had an absolute blast!

Sponsored
OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It sounds like there's an obvious winner here for the wifey-trip. Thank you for the feedback and have an absolute blast at the Raptor Experience!

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Austin and have done the Off Rodeo here. Itā€™s about 45 miles west of downtown and many out-of-towners stay at nearby Horseshoe Bay Resort on Lake LBJ. The town of Marble Falls, bisected by Lake Marble Falls is about 15 minutes away. Fredericksburg is about an hour away and would score big points with your significant other, if sheā€™s coming. The BBQ Mecca of Llano (currently, not nearly as renowned as Austin or Lockhart) is about 30 minutes away. Enchanted Rock State Park is a fun place to hike and is about 40 minutes away.

As a native Austinite and Texan, I donā€™t take significant umbrage at disparaging remarks of Texas since it has become co-opted by the rest of the US and Latin America. Austin does have a lot of good food, if you can get a reservation, and lots of live music/entertainment. But the bloom has been off the rose for a while.

The Off Roadeo itself is a great experience with some good terrain. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s true wherever you go.

Iā€™m a huge Moab fan. You can fly there relatively easy and rent a Jeep or ATV. The town has ample restaurants, two nearby National Parks and the Colorado River running through it. The drive to the Moab Off Roadeo is stunning, as it runs along the Colorado River, with steep canyon walls on either side. I visited with some of the staff and compared notes on trails, but didnā€™t do the course there. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a blast, as Iā€™m sure LV and NH are.

Iā€™m not a Vegas guy, except to use it as a jumping off point for Death Valley or Zion NP.

Any of the three places above will be warm to blistering hot until October.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It sounds like there's an obvious winner here for the wifey-trip. Thank you for the feedback and have an absolute blast at the Raptor Experience!
Shes driving this one so I get extra points.

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through this decision recently. I live in Vermont so NH is super convenient, but not all that exciting to me. Texas is ā€” Texas, so that wasnā€™t really a consideration for me. And I donā€™t really like Vegas. Not my thing. Made Moab a real easy choice for me. Iā€™m driving out with my best friend (a longtime Jeep driver considering a Bronco) and we are going to do the Off Roadeo followed by a few extra days of exploring in my Bronco on our own. Should be an epic road trip. But I fully understand why they have the various options they offer. Not everyoneā€™s situation is like mine.

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went through this decision recently. I live in Vermont so NH is super convenient, but not all that exciting to me. Texas is ā€” Texas, so that wasnā€™t really a consideration for me. And I donā€™t really like Vegas. Not my thing. Made Moab a real easy choice for me. Iā€™m driving out with my best friend (a longtime Jeep driver considering a Bronco) and we are going to do the Off Roadeo followed by a few extra days of exploring in my Bronco on our own. Should be an epic road trip. But I fully understand why they have the various options they offer. Not everyoneā€™s situation is like mine.
Sounds like a great time! Moab would certainly be my first choice, if it was just about the event. Vegas just checks the most boxes for me at this point so I'm guessing it'll be the winner. I'm gonna plan a trip to NH and LV and present them both to her so she can pick how she wants to spend her down time.

Thank you again for the feedback and good luck on converting your buddy to the dark side, lol.
Sponsored