First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - White Carbon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Whether or not you've made any mods to the engine or exhaust on your Bronco, maybe even a tune, there are always ways to get more performance! Being turbocharged, both the 2.3L and the 2.7L could benefit greatly from an upgraded Intercooler. Here at Steeda, we know a larger surface area and volume leads to not only cooler air, but better fuel economy, and a healthier engine. Check out the new Steeda Bronco Intercooler in this video, we'll tell you all the benefits as well as a step-by-step install:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3723-bronco-proflow-intercooler

Sponsored

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does this intercooler require a tune?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does this intercooler require a tune?
Intercooler typically won't require that. It'll just lower the temps and the ECU will cope accordingly to feed the right fuel in to match the air volume. If you have someone that can fine tune your map however, you might be able to extract some minimal gains just from the engine getting to run slightly advanced timing with the lower temps. But typically, I don't see these as a performance part as much as they are a 'longevity of the engine' part (especially here in Arizona).

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Intercooler typically won't require that. It'll just lower the temps and the ECU will cope accordingly to feed the right fuel in to match the air volume. If you have someone that can fine tune your map however, you might be able to extract some minimal gains just from the engine getting to run slightly advanced timing with the lower temps. But typically, I don't see these as a performance part as much as they are a 'longevity of the engine' part (especially here in Arizona).
I was curious. From the Focus RS world they say to get a custom tune to make the most from the intercooler.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was curious. From the Focus RS world they say to get a custom tune to make the most from the intercooler.
Yeah, definitely in the Focus RS world. I'd likely look into the same on my GTI. Different goals for different vehicles, I suppose.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noice.

Anything else in development now, like stainless steel clutch and brake lines?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Noice.

Anything else in development now, like stainless steel clutch and brake lines?
I remember checking with Goodridge a couple years ago about ss lines for the bronco, and they said they were going to try to get something to market, I should check back in with them

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember checking with Goodridge a couple years ago about ss lines for the bronco, and they said they were going to try to get something to market, I should check back in with them
Hope so, only thing next to fluid and big calipers I havent done to my brakes

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks identical to the Cobb intercooler for the Bronco I just saw on BUB. Steeda is $300 cheaper though, but probably made in the same Chinese factory.

Last edited:

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Whether or not you've made any mods to the engine or exhaust on your Bronco, maybe even a tune, there are always ways to get more performance! Being turbocharged, both the 2.3L and the 2.7L could benefit greatly from an upgraded Intercooler. Here at Steeda, we know a larger surface area and volume leads to not only cooler air, but better fuel economy, and a healthier engine. Check out the new Steeda Bronco Intercooler in this video, we'll tell you all the benefits as well as a step-by-step install:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3723-bronco-proflow-intercooler

I recently purchased the Steeda intercooler for my 2024 Bronco Wildtrak 2.7L. I recently had it installed by my local Ford dealer in Corinth, Texas, with an installation charge of $350.

The first thing I noticed when the intercooler arrived was that it was packaged quite well to keep any dents, dings etc. from happening while it was being shipped. - very nice indeed. Next, as I checked it out after removing it from the box, I noticed the quality and construction of the intercooler seemed first class. It appeared to be a top quality unit.

Based on the discounted price of the Steeda intercooler along with the minimal installation charge, I felt that this would be a worthy addition for my Wildtrak to deal with the summer heat up here in north Texas. Additionally, as far as performance and mileage goes, I did noticed an increase in performance but any difference in mileage will have to wait until I get more miles on the vehicle.
Sponsored