Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure this has been shown before. But maybe not on a green two door. I got a base two door and am fine with the equipped wheels and tires. However a trip out west in a few days plus the crazy cheap take offs available I couldn’t resist a step up in mall crawling manliness.
Ford Bronco Base with black diamond wheel upgrade IMG_1420
Ford Bronco Base with black diamond wheel upgrade IMG_1422
Ford Bronco Base with black diamond wheel upgrade IMG_1421
Ford Bronco Base with black diamond wheel upgrade IMG_1423

it has only been a day but so far the down sides are negligible and the up sides are big.
ups: Steering response is greatly improved especially t initial turn in. Ride quality over bigger bumps as a slight improvement. Road feel also improved. I can feel road textures now that I couldn’t before.
Of corse a big improvement in looks
Better traction on and off road.

downs: fuel economy hit. So far just 1 mpg which is negligible. Few more days I’ll know for sure but this jives with fords estimates.
small little cracks and bumps are slightly more noticeable
Tire road noise is now audible but it really isn’t an issue the level is very low volume.

in all it’s big improvements all around with very little negatives. Best 500 bucks I ever spent on tires(and wheels).
Sponsored

Alexd1963

Base
First Name
Gonzalo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great! Would like to do the same on my base. Save the steelies!!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's a good deal! I've been looking for a take off set because they're the same size as those on my FJ and it's due for a set.

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m sure this has been shown before. But maybe not on a green two door. I got a base two door and am fine with the equipped wheels and tires. However a trip out west in a few days plus the crazy cheap take offs available I couldn’t resist a step up in mall crawling manliness.

it has only been a day but so far the down sides are negligible and the up sides are big.
ups: Steering response is greatly improved especially t initial turn in. Ride quality over bigger bumps as a slight improvement. Road feel also improved. I can feel road textures now that I couldn’t before.

downs: fuel economy hit. So far just 1 mpg which is negligible. Few more days I’ll know for sure but this jives with fords estimates.
Tire road noise is now audible but it really isn’t an issue the level is very low volume.

in all it’s big improvements all around with very little negatives. Best 500 bucks I ever spent on tires(and wheels).
Looks awesome, Black Diamond wheel/tire combo is one of the best looking. Now you have to find some rural malls!

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can also run them lower than 39psi and they will fell better. I like 35psi.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha. How did you know I had 40psi in them! Judging my the shoulder wear on the old tires I’ll need to go up in pressure. Not down. Max lat G is the only way to drive.

in a few more days I’ll be searching for some malls in glacier natl park. Northern ID. Yellowstone. And badlands. Two week road trip with my oldest kid. It helped motivate me to search out black diamonds. I love black steelies
That's a good deal! I've been looking for a take off set because they're the same size as those on my FJ and it's due for a set.
If you have the proximity to Michigan that seems to be the motherload for take offs.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ha. How did you know I had 40psi in them! Judging my the shoulder wear on the old tires I’ll need to go up in pressure. Not down. Max lat G is the only way to drive.

in a few more days I’ll be searching for some malls in glacier natl park. Northern ID. Yellowstone. And badlands. Two week road trip with my oldest kid. It helped motivate me to search out black diamonds. I love black steelies

If you have the proximity to Michigan that seems to be the motherload for take offs.
Not many Broncos around here still, the few sets I've found are 4-6 hours away and they want 1k for the set. If anyone runs across a set in coastal SC or Georgia let me know!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sweet ride! Did the same thing with my wife's whip. If you didn't recalibrate the speedo, remember your speedometer and odometer are off. You are now covering more ground on the bigger tires per
Ford Bronco Base with black diamond wheel upgrade 20230122_105949
revolution so calculating the mileage is tricky. Pic of wife's with BD wheels and BB grille which now has OB grille.

OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did not recalibrate yet. It is a 6% increase in diameter. Calculation is straight forward. Take mpg time 1.06. So far, just one day, it is about 1 mpg less. I went from 24 to 23 mpg on my daily commute taking the correction factor into account.
I have a 450 mile highway trip this evening. I’ll know the highway hit soon enough. Likely the same -1 as I have seen on my daily.

Sponsored

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base with black diamond wheel upgrade bronco_0365

I did the same with my base and corrected speedometer. My MPG is about 21.7. 2.3l with auto transmission

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll have a set for sale in SoCal in a couple of weeks if anybody is looking for a set of BD Black Steel and Grabbers w/ 1500 miles on them.

OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Couple hundred miles of highway today. No effect to mpg at all with the cruise set at 75. Got 23.3 mpg with my old 16” tires and 23.0 with the BD assemblies.
color me happy!

todd looking good in blue.
Sponsored