First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wanted to explain the two different ways on how to upgrade the B&O system. This is from my new listing, which is the second picture of the red bronco right on the homepage of my site. I hope this helps people understand how the B&O system works, and how to properly upgrade it.

ADDING A SUB AND SUB AMP ONLY OR ADDING A FULL SYSTEM . WITH THE B & O SYSTEM ADDING A SUB ONLY THE B &O AMP STAYS FUNCTIONAL IN THE VEHICLE AND A T HARNESS WITH A LC2I OR COMPATIBLE AMP THAT ACCEPTS THE B & O INPUT TO PROVIDE SIGNAL TO THE SUB .

WHEN UPGRADING THE FULL SYSTEM A INTERFACE IS NOW NEEDED AS THE B & O AMP IS COMPLETELY REMOVE FROM THE VEHICLE . THE INTERFACE PLUGS INTO WHERE THE FACTORY B & 0 AMP WAS AND WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR FRONT REAR AND SUB OUTPUTS TO CONNECT TO YOUR AFTERMARKET AMPS WHILE RETAINING ALL THE VEHICLE FACTORY RADIO FUNCTIONS WORKING AS NORMAL.

THE B & O AMP DOES NOT RUN ALL 6 SPEAKERS IN A BRONCO . THE REAR SPEAKERS AND CENTER CHANNEL RUN OFF OF THE FACTORY RADIO POWER . WHEN THE B & O AMP IS REMOVED THESE SPEAKERS WILL NO LONGER WORK OFF OF THE RADIO AND A 6 CHANNEL AMP IS REQUIRED TO RE POWER ALL 6 SPEAKERS . WHEN BYPASSING A FACTORY AMP THE CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER IS NEVER AMPLIFIED AND NO LONGER USED .

THE INTERFACE WILL COME WITH 2 INCLUDED HARNESS . 1 IS FOR THE AUDIO CONTROL MODULE (ACM ) BEHIND YOUR HEATING CONTROLS TO GIVE YOU THE REAR SPEAKER POD WIRES TO RECONNECT THE REAR SPEAKERS TO THE AMP . AND THE OTHER HARNESS PLUGS IN AT THE B & O PLUG THAT GIVES YOU ALL OF THE OTHER SPEAKER WIRES
Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to explain the two different ways on how to upgrade the B&O system. This is from my new listing, which is the second picture of the red bronco right on the homepage of my site. I hope this helps people understand how the B&O system works, and how to properly upgrade it.

ADDING A SUB AND SUB AMP ONLY OR ADDING A FULL SYSTEM . WITH THE B & O SYSTEM ADDING A SUB ONLY THE B &O AMP STAYS FUNCTIONAL IN THE VEHICLE AND A T HARNESS WITH A LC2I OR COMPATIBLE AMP THAT ACCEPTS THE B & O INPUT TO PROVIDE SIGNAL TO THE SUB .

WHEN UPGRADING THE FULL SYSTEM A INTERFACE IS NOW NEEDED AS THE B & O AMP IS COMPLETELY REMOVE FROM THE VEHICLE . THE INTERFACE PLUGS INTO WHERE THE FACTORY B & 0 AMP WAS AND WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR FRONT REAR AND SUB OUTPUTS TO CONNECT TO YOUR AFTERMARKET AMPS WHILE RETAINING ALL THE VEHICLE FACTORY RADIO FUNCTIONS WORKING AS NORMAL.

THE B & O AMP DOES NOT RUN ALL 6 SPEAKERS IN A BRONCO . THE REAR SPEAKERS AND CENTER CHANNEL RUN OFF OF THE FACTORY RADIO POWER . WHEN THE B & O AMP IS REMOVED THESE SPEAKERS WILL NO LONGER WORK OFF OF THE RADIO AND A 6 CHANNEL AMP IS REQUIRED TO RE POWER ALL 6 SPEAKERS . WHEN BYPASSING A FACTORY AMP THE CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER IS NEVER AMPLIFIED AND NO LONGER USED .

THE INTERFACE WILL COME WITH 2 INCLUDED HARNESS . 1 IS FOR THE AUDIO CONTROL MODULE (ACM ) BEHIND YOUR HEATING CONTROLS TO GIVE YOU THE REAR SPEAKER POD WIRES TO RECONNECT THE REAR SPEAKERS TO THE AMP . AND THE OTHER HARNESS PLUGS IN AT THE B & O PLUG THAT GIVES YOU ALL OF THE OTHER SPEAKER WIRES
***Only upgraded the Sub on the B&O***

I have already purchased the T adapter and Kicker Key 500.1 from you. Do I need to add the AudioControl LC2I in addition?

I apologize up front if this is a ridiculous question. Just want to make sure I have mine set up correctly. Seems to be working fine but now I’m second guessing myself.

Thanks for putting this out there and answering our questions.

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
***Only upgraded the Sub on the B&O***

I have already purchased the T adapter and Kicker Key 500.1 from you. Do I need to add the AudioControl LC2I in addition?

I apologize up front if this is a ridiculous question. Just want to make sure I have mine set up correctly. Seems to be working fine but now I’m second guessing myself.

Thanks for putting this out there and answering our questions.
Your fine with the kicker key 500.1

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Is there a noticeable difference upgrading just the sub? If I did the sub and amp, how hard is to get to the connection behind the heating controls?

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The connection with the B&O system for adding a sub only is done at the B&O amplifier next to the subwoofer enclosure, not at the audio control module behind the heating controls

josivanrojas60

Outer Banks
First Name
josivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your fine with the kicker key 500.1
How do I control the volume for the factory chimes (seat belts, reverse ect, )once I have installed an amp on my B&O system ? I got everything working fine except for the now high volume of the factory chimes..
Sponsored