Sponsored

Autism Awareness T-Shirt | 100% Of Profits Go to Charity!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you know that 1 in 36 children have been identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) according to estimates from CDC's Autism and Developmental Monitoring (ADDM) Network? AS is reported to occur in all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups. ASD is nearly 4 times more common among boys than among girls. About 1 in 6 (17%) children aged 3–17 years were diagnosed with a developmental disability, as reported by parents, during a study period of 2009-2017. These included autism, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, blindness, and cerebral palsy, among others. (Source: CDC.gov)

Help show your support and bring awareness by purchasing one of our Bronco Inspired Autism Awareness Shirts.

100% OF THE PROFITS from this t-shirt purchase will go to a charity/organization dedicated to providing services to individuals with autism and their families. The more shirts you buy, the more we can donate!

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/autism-awareness-t-shirt-bronco-inspired/

GILDAN ULTRA COTTON T-SHIRT
  • Made of pre-shrink 99% Cotton/1% Polyester
  • Taped neck and shoulders with double-needle seamless collar and hems
  • Available in Youth and Adult Sizes
  • Adult Color: Heather Indigo
  • Youth Color: Iris
BACKSTORY
My name is Adam Daley, I'm the founder of 4x4TruckLEDs.com & KR Off-Road. My wife and I have two children (a son and a daughter) whom were both diagnosed with ASD early on. Here on Long Island (New York) we're lucky in that we have many programs available to us and our children. Diagnosing ASD early on has helped us understand autism better and find services for our children. Many families are not as lucky as we are in finding services though. Some families have no services available in their city/state or simply cannot afford the programs if there are any available. Our goal is to help spread awareness and to support various charity's & organizations that are dedicated to providing services to these individuals and their families.

Available Here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/autism-awareness-t-shirt-bronco-inspired/

ADULT SHIRT
Ford Bronco Autism Awareness T-Shirt | 100% Of Profits Go to Charity! Autism Bronco Shirt Adult2

YOUTH SHIRT

Ford Bronco Autism Awareness T-Shirt | 100% Of Profits Go to Charity! Autism Bronco Shirt Child2
Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insert obligatory "where 2 door" comment here.

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It might be good to say what charity this is for as some of the autism charities are not exactly helpful for people with autism.
[Edit: Please see the response by the OP below]

The puzzle pieces on the shirts indicate that the "charity" is Autism Speaks, an organization of parents of autistic kids that is strongly disliked by actual adult autistic people. I don't want to pick a fight here, but as an autistic person myself there is no way I'd buy this shirt. Google it.

The OP should have been upfront about the name of the charity instead of hiding it.

Last edited:

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
God Bless you Adam and your wife! I’m a father of a non-verbal girl who is 13. My wife and I know the daily struggles all too well, but are like you in that we are very fortunate to have great services in our area as well. They say God blesses autistic children with parents who are built strong enough to handle it. Yet there can be no mistaking the days and nights when the cracks appear in the strongest of armor and bedrock from it. It’s a different kind of breed of pure love and unimaginable strength that rises with the sun each and every morning in an autism home! Your kids have not far to look to see that angels do exist. I tip my hat to you, good Sir!

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It might be good to say what charity this is for as some of the autism charities are not exactly helpful for people with autism.
The charity will change. We're not sure which charity/organization we'll be donating to just yet since it will change.

The puzzle pieces on the shirts indicate that the "charity" is Autism Speaks, an organization of parents of autistic kids that is strongly disliked by actual adult autistic people. I don't want to pick a fight here, but as an autistic person myself there is no way I'd buy this shirt. Google it.

The OP should have been upfront about the name of the charity instead of hiding it.
Actually the puzzle pieces have been used to bring awareness to autism before Autism Speaks went mainstream with it in their marketing campaigns. And because of some of their early "beliefs" many associated the puzzle pieces as something bad, because they chose to utilize it. However I believe their message has since changed (I don't follow them because of the early beliefs they had). But that's no reason to kill the puzzle pieces which is so easily recognized. In fact, pretty much everybody who's NOT aware of autism has no idea who autism speaks is so it's not associated with them UNLESS you know the Autism Speaks backstory. A LOT of places actually still utilize the puzzle pieces. No reason to let one charity with a confusing/bad message ruin something that so many people recognized.

So to the general public the puzzle pieces is just something they recognize. You'll also note we don't have a "missing" puzzle piece because I don't believe that autistic folks are "missing" anything. We made sure our design was COMPLETE.

We're not giving to Autism Speaks if that is your concern, nor did we plan to. We plan to look into various charities/organizations that can benefit from a donation. Probably smaller ones who don't get as much funding as the larger "commercialized" ones. I don't actually have a list yet so if you have some in mind please let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

God Bless you Adam and your wife! I’m a father of a non-verbal girl who is 13. My wife and I know the daily struggles all too well, but are like you in that we are very fortunate to have great services in our area as well. They say God blesses autistic children with parents who are built strong enough to handle it. Yet there can be no mistaking the days and nights when the cracks appear in the strongest of armor and bedrock from it. It’s a different kind of breed of pure love and unimaginable strength that rises with the sun each and every morning in an autism home! Your kids have not far to look to see that angels do exist. I tip my hat to you, good Sir!
Thanks. It's a struggle. My children are both verbal but it's still a struggle with the tantrums and not understanding what they want. They are still young (3 and 5) so it's very difficult still for my 3 year old to express what's going on. My 5 year old is getting better at it but still the tantrums can be rough. She has it set in yer mind that she wants something and if she doesn't get it she doesn't just sulk, she throws a full blown tantrum.

We stopped going out to eat with them because of the tantrums. But school is definitely helping them. We have some amazing programs here and the state funds the private schools until they are old enough to go into the regular public schools, which all have special needs programs.

More and more people are becoming aware these days and seeing it early on, which helps their children. I don't think the amount of folks on the spectrum is INCREASING but our AWARENESS to it is increasing, which allows folks to get services as early as possible.

When I was a kid nobody really knew what autism was or knew what signs to look for

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The charity will change. We're not sure which charity/organization we'll be donating to just yet since it will change.

Actually the puzzle pieces have been used to bring awareness to autism before Autism Speaks went mainstream with it in their marketing campaigns. And because of some of their early "beliefs" many associated the puzzle pieces as something bad, because they chose to utilize it. However I believe their message has since changed (I don't follow them because of the early beliefs they had). But that's no reason to kill the puzzle pieces which is so easily recognized. In fact, pretty much everybody who's NOT aware of autism has no idea who autism speaks is so it's not associated with them UNLESS you know the Autism Speaks backstory. A LOT of places actually still utilize the puzzle pieces. No reason to let one charity with a confusing/bad message ruin something that so many people recognized.

So to the general public the puzzle pieces is just something they recognize. You'll also note we don't have a "missing" puzzle piece because I don't believe that autistic folks are "missing" anything. We made sure our design was COMPLETE.

We're not giving to Autism Speaks if that is your concern, nor did we plan to. We plan to look into various charities/organizations that can benefit from a donation. Probably smaller ones who don't get as much funding as the larger "commercialized" ones. I don't actually have a list yet so if you have some in mind please let me know.
Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate that you're trying to help and that you're aware of the issues with Autism Speaks.

Nevertheless, there are dubious charities out there for any number of causes. Personally and as a general principle, I would not contribute to or solicit donations for any charity or other organization I haven't checked out to make sure they're on the up-and-up, and not spending most or all of their contributions on fundraising and high salaries for executives.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shirts are here. We'll be shipping them out today/tomorrow

YOUTH
Ford Bronco Autism Awareness T-Shirt | 100% Of Profits Go to Charity! 1713983843570-dm

ADULT
Ford Bronco Autism Awareness T-Shirt | 100% Of Profits Go to Charity! 1713983837820-jd

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I understand correctly, you're soliciting sales of a product whose sales will benefit a non-profit organization- but you have not selected a non-profit organization?

Post up once you decide upon a charity so those interested in buying can evaluate the charity.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if I understand correctly, you're soliciting sales of a product whose sales will benefit a non-profit organization- but you have not selected a non-profit organization?

Post up once you decide upon a charity so those interested in buying can evaluate the charity.
We don't know what charity we're selecting yet. We just started this endeveur. I have to see what charities are out there that could benefit from the donations OR what organizations. Because there are a lot of organizations that don't get a lot of funding and rely on donations.

But there is a lot of controversy around Autism Speaks so that is not on the list we're donating to.

If you know of any charities we can look into let me know! It's not just 1 charity either. We'll routinely select different charities as we get enough money. I'm not going to donate $25 here/$25 there. I'd lie to write a check for $500-$1000 each time we donate to a charity.

I also plan to keep a running tally that is listed on our website so folks know how many shirts we've sold, what our expenses were, what we've donated, etc... COMPLETE transparency.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com