Sponsored

Answer from Dealer Made me uncomfortable. Thoughts?

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Different brand, but my dealer won’t install aftermarket parts either.

They say the same thing, because “warranty”. But it’s not the car’s warranty they’re talking about but the “warranty” of their service.

They got tired of installing aftermarket stuff and customer returns because something wasn’t right with their aftermarket parts.

If it’s not an OEM part, they don’t screw with it.
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I called out the Service Manager at the Local Ford Dealer I purchased and have had maintenance from about installing a set of Baja Designs A Pilar lights and the manager mentioned that they don't always like to install non-OEM parts because it could potential cause a warranty issue. This threw me a bit and has me questioning my decision to work with this dealership for future upgrades I may do. Has anyone else heard this from their dealers or Ford Certified locations they have worked with? Am I overthinking this and it's just them trying to Cover their butts? Would appreciate your thoughts (less sarcasm the better.)
A pillar lights to one of the aux switches should be an easy DIY install. Several videos on YouTube on how to do this. When I installed my fogs, I thought I couldn't do it myself, ended up watching a few videos, purchased the required items (heat gun, shrink wiring, connectors, etc.) and got the job done myself. I dont see how this could void any part of the bronco outside of the part you are installing (the lights) which won't be under warranty regardless of who installs it. You got this!!!

IMG_8531.jpeg

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was heavily considering self install. The thing holding me back is a lack of tools ( I have none) and limited to no experience with wiring anything. I've watched videos and read the instructions but just don't feel super confident. I figured I'd do my due diligence and take it to Ford directly to avoid any potential complications. Im 97% leaning it's a CYA thing but that 3% is nagging at me.

Thanks for the shared thoughts, genuinely appreciate it!
Almost any 4x4 shop will install these for you, particularly if you buy it through them.
Sponsored