Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find the seats acceptable but not great but keep in mind that my daily driver in LA is a fullsize Range Rover and my daily driver in Washington is a Raptor. My biggest complaint is that the seat bottom isn't long enough for proper support. Another inch and a half would make a big difference.
Sponsored

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would look in to working up to more lumbar support. There is a reason why it's in cars and is a big part of ergonomics. May end up helping you in the long run even if it's a little uncomfortable to start.
Funny you mentioned that. My husband loves lumbar support, I do not. I sat in the Bronco for nearly a week with it set on his lumbar preference before I found the wheel to dial it down. LOL. I kept feeling around for it and couldn't find it. Meanwhile, I was just sitting up away from the seat because it was so uncomfortable. I have a messed up lower back so the lumbar aggrevates it. It is much more comfortable set on the lowest setting but I do find the passenger seat has less lumbar.

My old vehicle had power seats with memory. The only adjustments that didn't reset with the memory was the lumbar, so everytime my husband drove, I would have to zero out the lumbar.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After a 500 mile road trip. I find long term seat comfort isn't there for either me or my partner. The MGV seats have an amazing feel to them, but the comfort is just off after 2hrs of driving. Might have to dial in seat adjustments a little more.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove 900 miles to Colorado and found the MGV seats to be very comfortable.

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I received my Big Bend standard package manual transmission Bronco two days ago, and the seats are so uncomfortable that I am having intense back pain. I’m wondering if this is the case for anyone else. The lumbar seems to sit lower than my Xterra and is not height adjustable. I’m used to driving on truck chassis and a stick as I had an Xterra (manual) forever so it’s not that. But these seats just feel wrong no matter how I adjust them. Everything else about the bronco is great. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience or has thoughts.
I just got my Cloth seat Outer Banks and I have the same issues. I tried everything to find a decent seat position and so far haven't found it. My wife feels the same way. No matter what position we choose, the seat is super uncomfortable. I am regretting not ordered the leather seats, seems that you can adjust those in more ways. It is crazy that the seats of the much cheaper Maverick are so much better. I took a 13 hours road trip with the Maverick and no issues at all, seats were super comfy.
I am still hoping to find a proper position with the Bronco seats.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually find the seats quite comfortable. When I bought the Bronco I drove it home for about 12 hours and really found them quite nice. Sorry to hear you're not having the same experience. Have you tried adjusting the lumbar support?

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually find the seats quite comfortable. When I bought the Bronco I drove it home for about 12 hours and really found them quite nice. Sorry to hear you're not having the same experience. Have you tried adjusting the lumbar support?
I have tried everything, but no luck so far. Do you have the cloth seats?

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the power seats in leather in mine and have found them to be far more comfortable than seats in many other vehicles. I'm very happy with them.

Sponsored

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I went from an Xterra to a Big Bend as well. I was very uncomfortable for about the first month driving it. It took a lot of adjustment to the height and distance to the steering wheel/pedals to finally find the sweet spot for me. Now I find the seats comfortable and now longer have any pain associated with the seat. Through all the seat adjustment I did, overall I think was my body that finally just adjusted to the new seat. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting post. All vehicles are different and it seems people at the different ends of the spectrum (shorter, taller, long legs, arms etc.) sometimes have issues. I have short torso and very long legs (6'1, 34" inseam) and some vehicles I have had problems- knee pain, etc. as some of you have described- so I know!

My problem has typically been not being able to get the seat back far enough- or the more common problem is the seat goes back enough but then I can't reach the steering wheel comfortably- no or not enough telescoping. I have done some extreme things on past vehicles- move the steering wheel out- very custom work- machined spacers and fabricated custom rings, etc. I have also made special brackets, spacers, to raise the seats. My recent 2019 Silverado LD had no telescoping steering and even though the seats were comfortable when I got the seat back I could not reach the wheel comfortably. So I moved the seat closer and had to twist my knee to reach the gas pedal and brakes. I had terrible knee pain. My solution was to raise the front and rear of the seats at different heights- custom spacers and brackets- trial and error for when I was comfortable. It was trial and error and a lot of work but in the end it was successful.

My point is try different things- pedal spacers- telescope the steering wheel all the way in, seat back straighter, etc. for the shorter folks. The opposite or seat spacers front and or rear, even different heights for the taller folks or folks with long legs like me. You can raise (or lower) the seats with custom brackets- it's not hat hard to do.

As for the Bronco specifically I find my base seats pretty comfortable. I have the steering wheel telescoped all the way out though and the seat raised pretty far up with the lifting mechanism- so it just makes it. The bottom cushions are a little short for me but I still find the seats overall comfy.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enjoying the MGV seats in my BL. Think they are very comfortable.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love the manual leather seats (2dr), can sit for long trips no problem. That said, after I have it in the shop and they adjust the seats it takes me about 1-2 weeks of daily driving to really dial it back in.
Sponsored