Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i
I don’t have the exact number, but it is light. Picked it up relative ease. I would guess less than 100lbs
i believe it's around 70, but looking to get better than that. when you say you picked it up, i am assuming that was two people just given the size.. that's what I used to do 2x a year with my jeep top
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i

i believe it's around 70, but looking to get better than that. when you say you picked it up, i am assuming that was two people just given the size.. that's what I used to do 2x a year with my jeep top
You are correct. It’d be more accurate to say I “lifted” it up on my own to check it out. When i actually picked it up it was two people for size

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my newly received Anderson Composites white hardtop today. Build quality appears impressive and installation was relatively easy. Coming from a soft top, my initial impression is that road and wind noise is reduced by 40% to 50%. Only a few hours in but couldn’t be happier with the product for now.

IMG_1342.jpeg
Good looking rig. I have the same 37" BFG's with white lettering, I like them quite a bit, and they subtly match your white hard top and white grill. 2 questions:
- what rock rails do you have? Do you feel they are an adequate step? with a 3 inch lift and 37's, it's definitely a step up for my wife (and for me tbh, even at 6' 5"). I currently have the AMP research power retractable steps, but they are broken 😞 looking for some good rock slider steps, but am worried that the "step" may still be too high.
- what tailgate/spare tire reinforcement is that? Is it the plate only, or all new / beefier hinges?

OP
OP
PhilCharnas

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. It’d be more accurate to say I “lifted” it up on my own to check it out. When i actually picked it up it was two people for size
Having just swapped out my soft top for the AC hardtop, I can confirm that the rear hard top piece is not that heavy. In fact, the soft top assembly was considerably heavier than the rear section of the hardtop.

OP
OP
PhilCharnas

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good looking rig. I have the same 37" BFG's with white lettering, I like them quite a bit, and they subtly match your white hard top and white grill. 2 questions:
- what rock rails do you have? Do you feel they are an adequate step? with a 3 inch lift and 37's, it's definitely a step up for my wife (and for me tbh, even at 6' 5"). I currently have the AMP research power retractable steps, but they are broken 😞 looking for some good rock slider steps, but am worried that the "step" may still be too high.
- what tailgate/spare tire reinforcement is that? Is it the plate only, or all new / beefier hinges?
Hey thanks man, got any pics of your rig?

I installed the Zroadz trailx R2 skids/steps. Love the old school look of them and they offer a nice platform. That said, I’m 5’10” and even with the steps, it still feels like a big step up. Have thought about the electric steps like you have but my local shop has mentioned to me several times that they are not reliable and frequently do not work as designed. Sounds like you’re having issues as well.

My tailgate reinforcement is the Smittybilt one and it includes the beefier hinges. I like it a lot so far and have confidence that it will handle the increased loads much better than some of the cheaper models out there like the Rough Country model.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having just swapped out my soft top for the AC hardtop, I can confirm that the rear hard top piece is not that heavy. In fact, the soft top assembly was considerably heavier than the rear section of the hardtop.
Seriously! I had to call my friend over to help me lift the soft top assembly off. We did just as it started to rain 🤣

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great (y)
Glad to see they are starting to deliver these.

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey thanks man, got any pics of your rig?

I installed the Zroadz trailx R2 skids/steps. Love the old school look of them and they offer a nice platform. That said, I’m 5’10” and even with the steps, it still feels like a big step up. Have thought about the electric steps like you have but my local shop has mentioned to me several times that they are not reliable and frequently do not work as designed. Sounds like you’re having issues as well.

My tailgate reinforcement is the Smittybilt one and it includes the beefier hinges. I like it a lot so far and have confidence that it will handle the increased loads much better than some of the cheaper models out there like the Rough Country model.
I've heard a lot of good things about the RockSlide Engineering slider steps, they look great and seem reliable, but are expensive ($2,400). But yes, my current auto-retract steps from AMP research on the driver side make a noise like you wouldn't believe, so I just leave them unplugged/deployed, unless I'm heavy off-roading. I don't have any issues/noises with my tailgate, but I do worry that the heavy 37" spare could eventually cause long-term damage. I like the idea of the heavy-duty plate w/ the better hinges like you have.

here are some pics of my rig. 3 inch ready lift, w/ new UCAs, 37" BFG KO2 tires, trailrax roof half-rack, IAG bull bar, and some other things that aren't visible (installed a tow hitch, built out my own 4 tire inflation system, and still need to install the ICON tie rods and RC bushings I have in the garage).

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites White Hardtop Installed IMG_1822

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites White Hardtop Installed IMG_1850

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites White Hardtop Installed IMG_2080

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites White Hardtop Installed IMG_2089

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites White Hardtop Installed IMG_2333 (1)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhilCharnas

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard a lot of good things about the RockSlide Engineering slider steps, they look great and seem reliable, but are expensive ($2,400). But yes, my current auto-retract steps from AMP research on the driver side make a noise like you wouldn't believe, so I just leave them unplugged/deployed, unless I'm heavy off-roading. I don't have any issues/noises with my tailgate, but I do worry that the heavy 37" spare could eventually cause long-term damage. I like the idea of the heavy-duty plate w/ the better hinges like you have.

here are some pics of my rig. 3 inch ready lift, w/ new UCAs, 37" BFG KO2 tires, trailrax roof half-rack, IAG bull bar, and some other things that aren't visible (installed a tow hitch, built out my own 4 tire inflation system, and still need to install the ICON tie rods and RC bushings I have in the garage).

That’s a good looking truck. I’ve always thought that the stance of these new gen broncos looks more natural and proportionate with a lift and 37” tires.

Sponsored

monkeyboy1317

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 EB Bronco, '13 Tacoma, '10 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very nice rig! what front bumper are you running?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my newly received Anderson Composites white hardtop today. Build quality appears impressive and installation was relatively easy. Coming from a soft top, my initial impression is that road and wind noise is reduced by 40% to 50%. Only a few hours in but couldn’t be happier with the product for now.
curious about some install questions as I am about to do mine today (delivery was 7 weeks from order date)
the 1st step of the instructions say "after removal of softtop, make sure you remove the brackets on driver’s and passenger’s side tops. These are only used for the softtop." - did you find this to be necessary?

2nd step says to install brackets for hard top, am I safe to assume that if I had the hardtop prepkit from the factory, these are already in place?

did you have any other issues that stuck out that would help others short cut to an easy install?

thanks!
Sponsored