First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pro - generally self leveling and will increase the stiffness of the rear end when towing a trailer.

Con - squishy indistinct ride, and the pieces of garbage fail within a couple years because rubber rots in the desert.

Had an Expy with air suspension. Best thing I ever did was rip it out and replace it with coils.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 Lariat; 2016 RAM; 2022 Black Diamond SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My experience is with a Ram Longhorn half ton with factory air suspension. PRO: The ride is very good, and ability to adjust (4 levels) is nice. CON: Air suspensions fail in cold weather. It was normal on a cold morning to find the truck tilted like it had a flat tire. Even though it was under warranty, Ram could never find a fix. Eventually they pulled the air suspension and replaced it with a conventional one. Will never use one again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My experience is with a Ram Longhorn half ton with factory air suspension. PRO: The ride is very good, and ability to adjust (4 levels) is nice. CON: Air suspensions fail in cold weather. It was normal on a cold morning to find the truck tilted like it had a flat tire. Even though it was under warranty, Ram could never find a fix. Eventually they pulled the air suspension and replaced it with a conventional one. Will never use one again.
Wow! That explains it. That’s a horror show. I guess the only thing is that it was reversible. I live in summer weather year-round so maybe weather will be less of an issue. Still, the reaction to the cold is a red flag. It may probably cause factory warranty issues for other parts, as well.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pro - generally self leveling and will increase the stiffness of the rear end when towing a trailer.

Con - squishy indistinct ride, and the pieces of garbage fail within a couple years because rubber rots in the desert.

Had an Expy with air suspension. Best thing I ever did was rip it out and replace it with coils.
Starting to get the picture😂

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I agree an air suspension does not belong on a Bronco, we had an Expy with air, then a Continental neither had issues. Currently a Freightliner MH with air ride that is 20 years old with no issues. Most all over the road tractor/trailers use air suspension. The Expy was a 2000 with solid axel so Ford had built in a 2-inch lift when put into 4L which was neat, but the thing was way too big to off-road in Colo...

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Ducatis, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Range Rovers come with air suspension. I had one for 20 years. It was nice to be able to lower it to the ground for loading. You could raise it higher than normal for off-roading. It would automatically lower a bit when running at highway speed for better stability.

I liked it.

One of the cons people had was that the suspension was stiffer when in off-road mode. There was a company that made replacement bags to solve that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did the accuair kit for the bronco ever go into production? It used to say coming soon on their website but now it's gone.
The last youtube video i saw of the promo is at least one year old.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Range Rovers come with air suspension. I had one for 20 years. It was nice to be able to lower it to the ground for loading. You could raise it higher than normal for off-roading. It would automatically lower a bit when running at highway speed for better stability.

I liked it.

One of the cons people had was that the suspension was stiffer when in off-road mode. There was a company that made replacement bags to solve that.
It’s an interesting point that a premium brand like that would be comfortable using it. Even the Hummer EV has it, correct or is it a different mechanism?

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Ducatis, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s an interesting point that a premium brand like that would be comfortable using it. Even the Hummer EV has it, correct or is it a different mechanism?
Dunno about Hummer.

It would be fine for most Bronco owners. There are aftermarket kits to convert to a conventional suspension for those that need it for more hardcore wheeling, or if it is too expensive to fix. The bags don't last forever.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Expy was a 2000 with solid axel so Ford had built in a 2-inch lift when put into 4L which was neat,
Think mine was a 2004, might have been the 2007. But I'm in Phoenix. Nothing made of rubber survives long when it's 118 in the shade.
Sponsored