Sponsored

Adding additional Rear Spacers to a front 1 inch leveling kit (CO thread)

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently had a shop install the Rough Country 1" leveling kit to my black diamond (non-sasquatch) and it's sitting almost an inch higher in the front after install (all 3 spacers that the kit came with were installed in the front the way they were supposed to be).

With that being said, I'd like to get the rear level with the front so I'm thinking of ordering another 1" leveling kit and throwing a spacer or two in the rear.

TO BE CLEAR (sorry for caps) - I don't intend to add any additional spacers to the front because it already already has the 3 spacers that the first kit came with. I simply want to use a spacer or two from the 2nd kit to raise the rear a tad and be level with the front (not doubling up).

My Questions --

1) Has anyone tried this with any 1" leveling kit (s) ?

If Yes....

2) This should be safe for the rear suspension right?

3) Should I add 1 or should I add 2 spacers to the rear ??
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 'split' kits like the RC will not get you what you want on the rear. The lower mount is different and won't accept the spacers. You could only use the upper part which would only gain you about 3/8" since gain on rear is 1:1 rather than the 1.5 :1 on the front. You need a 1 piece, top only, to use on the rear. I actually have a Fab Tech 1.5" front spacer I'm not using, which would get probably a little less than one inch in the rear. I ended up using Bilstein 5100's instead. I would sell it for $100, but not too savvy on payment and shipping options, I'm in Grand Junction. I have family in the Denver area, and will be over there the middle of May...

Here's a link to the product
Fabtech Bronco 1.50-Inch Front Leveling Kit FTL5212 (21-24 Bronco) - Free Shipping (extremeterrain.com)

OP
OP
A-Bay-82

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 'split' kits like the RC will not get you what you want on the rear. The lower mount is different and won't accept the spacers. You could only use the upper part which would only gain you about 3/8" since gain on rear is 1:1 rather than the 1.5 :1 on the front. You need a 1 piece, top only, to use on the rear. I actually have a Fab Tech 1.5" front spacer I'm not using, which would get probably a little less than one inch in the rear. I ended up using Bilstein 5100's instead. I would sell it for $100, but not too savvy on payment and shipping options, I'm in Grand Junction. I have family in the Denver area, and will be over there the middle of May...

Here's a link to the product
Fabtech Bronco 1.50-Inch Front Leveling Kit FTL5212 (21-24 Bronco) - Free Shipping (extremeterrain.com)
Thank you Dgorsett! I really appreciate your help. Thank you 🙏

Questions --

1) If I put two R.C. top spacers in the rear, that would get me a lift of about 6/8" right?? That's not too far off from what I need. To be clear, I'm talking about the spacers from a 1" kit.

2) Would this mess up my rear end in any way?

3) Thank you for the offer on your Fabtech spacer. You could probably get more for it on FB marketplace. It's very easy to sell items on there. Takes me seconds to post a listing.

4) Also, for non-sasquatch broncos, what are your thoughts on perch collars vs spacers? I figured since I have a modest lift, the spacer was okay from a "stress on the geometry" standpoint.

Thanks again!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you Dgorsett! I really appreciate your help. Thank you 🙏

Questions --

1) If I put two R.C. top spacers in the rear, that would get me a lift of about 6/8" right?? That's not too far off from what I need. To be clear, I'm talking about the spacers from a 1" kit.

2) Would this mess up my rear end in any way?

3) Thank you for the offer on your Fabtech spacer. You could probably get more for it on FB marketplace. It's very easy to sell items on there. Takes me seconds to post a listing.

4) Also, for non-sasquatch broncos, what are your thoughts on perch collars vs spacers? I figured since I have a modest lift, the spacer was okay from a "stress on the geometry" standpoint.

Thanks again!
1. You would get just short of whatever the combined thickness of the spacers are. I just looked and saw the RC kit is two tops and one bottom, I thought it was the other way, so yeah, you might get 1/2"+-

2. In my opinion it wouldn't mess anything up and would be a fairly easy install, but you'd only gain 1/2" or so.

3. Yeah, I'd be happy with $100, that's what I paid from another 6g member, my son does FM Marketplace all the time so I spose I could do that. I also have a MotoFab 1" split set up I'm hanging onto for similar reasons to you, I can use parts on the front or rear if I ever want to.

4. I have a non Sasquatch Big Bend, and like you wanted a little lift. In fact bought the above parts just for that. I ultimately decided on a little more lift and went with Bilstein 5100s set at an inch and a half. Opinions are strong on this forum, but for an inch or inch and a half I don't think you can go wrong any way you go. Going over 2" stuff starts happening and geometry and effect on other components starts coming into play.

BTW a little lift really helps the Bronco off road, particularly getting the fuel tank up a bit, it's always that bottom inch that gets hung up you know ;) I'm currently running 265/70x17 tires like your BD. they're great but might kick up to 33" next time.

OP
OP
A-Bay-82

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. You would get just short of whatever the combined thickness of the spacers are. I just looked and saw the RC kit is two tops and one bottom, I thought it was the other way, so yeah, you might get 1/2"+-

2. In my opinion it wouldn't mess anything up and would be a fairly easy install, but you'd only gain 1/2" or so.

3. Yeah, I'd be happy with $100, that's what I paid from another 6g member, my son does FM Marketplace all the time so I spose I could do that. I also have a MotoFab 1" split set up I'm hanging onto for similar reasons to you, I can use parts on the front or rear if I ever want to.

4. I have a non Sasquatch Big Bend, and like you wanted a little lift. In fact bought the above parts just for that. I ultimately decided on a little more lift and went with Bilstein 5100s set at an inch and a half. Opinions are strong on this forum, but for an inch or inch and a half I don't think you can go wrong any way you go. Going over 2" stuff starts happening and geometry and effect on other components starts coming into play.

BTW a little lift really helps the Bronco off road, particularly getting the fuel tank up a bit, it's always that bottom inch that gets hung up you know ;) I'm currently running 265/70x17 tires like your BD. they're great but might kick up to 33" next time.
Dgorsett, you're the man! Thank you for your help! I'm fairly new to this so I really appreciate the recs.

It's funny you mentioned the tire thing because I just put 285/70/17s on mine and I really like it.

If you know of anyone that needs brand new grabbers (265s) I'm selling them for a discount.

Q - When you said 1:1 in the rear you meant if you put a 1" spacer, it would lift the truck 1"....is that correct? I figured that's what you meant, but wanted to clarify.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A. for your Q. Yes

Good with the 285s.

I really like the 265 width. but it's hard to get in a 33 or 34. A few companies make it in 33 or 34 in 10.5 which is the same as 265, but they tend to be pricy. Next time, my 265/70 Falkens have a lot left in them.

OP
OP
A-Bay-82

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A. for your Q. Yes

Good with the 285s.

I really like the 265 width. but it's hard to get in a 33 or 34. A few companies make it in 33 or 34 in 10.5 which is the same as 265, but they tend to be pricy. Next time, my 265/70 Falkens have a lot left in them.
Falken WP ATs are awesome!

Thanks again and enjoy the weekend.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently had a shop install the Rough Country 1" leveling kit to my black diamond (non-sasquatch) and it's sitting almost an inch higher in the front after install (all 3 spacers that the kit came with were installed in the front the way they were supposed to be).

With that being said, I'd like to get the rear level with the front so I'm thinking of ordering another 1" leveling kit and throwing a spacer or two in the rear.

TO BE CLEAR (sorry for caps) - I don't intend to add any additional spacers to the front because it already already has the 3 spacers that the first kit came with. I simply want to use a spacer or two from the 2nd kit to raise the rear a tad and be level with the front (not doubling up).

My Questions --

1) Has anyone tried this with any 1" leveling kit (s) ?

If Yes....

2) This should be safe for the rear suspension right?

3) Should I add 1 or should I add 2 spacers to the rear ??
I did the exact thing you're asking about, I bought 2 RC level kits and did the full kit front and the 2 round spacers in the rear. You don't get much in the rear and I thought it was still nose high, I ended up removing the lower spacers on the front and now it has the look I wanted. Here's a pic but it's right after I installed the Softop last week so the rear sits slightly higher due to less weight.
Ford Bronco Adding additional Rear Spacers to a front 1 inch leveling kit (CO thread) bronco softop 1

OP
OP
A-Bay-82

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's very helpful Cmill. Thank you! Nice rig!

Questions....

1) To clarify - do you have two RC round spacers in the front and two in the rear?

2) In the rear, did you run into any issues with limited bolt thread or anything like that?

3) Based on what you suggested, I'm thinking of leaving the 3 spacers in the front and potentially getting a thicker spacer for the rear since you get less lift in the rear.

Maybe from the ready lift 1.25" kit or something like that.

What do you think?

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's very helpful Cmill. Thank you! Nice rig!

Questions....

1) To clarify - do you have two RC round spacers in the front and two in the rear?

2) In the rear, did you run into any issues with limited bolt thread or anything like that?

3) Based on what you suggested, I'm thinking of leaving the 3 spacers in the front and potentially getting a thicker spacer for the rear since you get less lift in the rear.

Maybe from the ready lift 1.25" kit or something like that.

What do you think?
Correct I have 2 round spacers at all 4 corners now. In the rear you can't get anymore spacers on top since there's not enough threads on the top bolts.

If you need more than a 1/2 inch more in the rear you may want to try to find a spacer that goes under the top hat to compress the spring.

Sponsored
OP
OP
A-Bay-82

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct I have 2 round spacers at all 4 corners now. In the rear you can't get anymore spacers on top since there's not enough threads on the top bolts.

If you need more than a 1/2 inch more in the rear you may want to try to find a spacer that goes under the top hat to compress the spring.
Awesome, great info! Thanks a million 🙏🙏

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
NP hope you get it where you want it!!