Sponsored

*Accessory Install Warning* Safety Recall notice 23S48 - Rear Camera Replacement

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good morning everyone. Just wanted to share that if you have the @Mountains2Metal medicine cabinet installed and bring your '21 bronco in for the rear camera recall, they need to remove it to access the wires for the camera. Friendly fair warning.... the service department will likely have no idea or care about how to reinstall it. they completely jacked mine up yesterday! They also broke a wire for my chase lights that were routed through the spare tire. quite a frustrating experience for a recall issue that I never experienced in 2.5yrs and 35K miles.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks and exactly why I'm not having the recall completed...if it ain't broke don't fix it. Between my tailgate reinforcement and plate light wiring I'm sure that the dealer would screw up or break something.

AMCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would be nice if Ford gave us the part and let us install ourselves. I'd be happy to sign a waiver absolving Ford from any liability. I know most owners would do a much better job than any Ford tech.
Sponsored