Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let's actually clear the air and get one thing straight.

Octavian7896 made a public post stating that he reversed engineered our bracket and wanted to provide the plans to people. We made him aware that doing so would be an infringement on our I.P. and advised him against doing so. Making one for personal use is one thing, but what he wanted to do was a clear violation.

I didn't want to see him get in trouble and made a friendly suggestion he not go down that road. For personal use, is one thing. But he made it very clear what he was doing.

We actually have a patent pending design. That's a fact. Actually... if it wasn't we would get in a LOT of trouble for making such claims if they were not true. But we spent a lot of money with lawyers to file a patent on our design. It'll take time for the patent to get issued but we are OFFICIALLY patent pending and have been for quite some time.

We made him aware not to continue down the road he was going to avoid any trouble. I could have had my lawyers involved, but decided to just give him a heads up.

Then he decided to side with some internet trolls and turned from a nice/understanding person in the matter to "hey 4x4 is attacking me" and siding with the trolls.

And you continue to egg on that matter as if you have something to gain, which you dont other then your 5 minutes of fame thinking you are being "funny" when in fact you are probably bordering on being banned from this forum for starting trouble. Nobody wants a trouble maker here.

Thank you for siding with us on this customer's issue with the return... but you need to stop trying to gain attention with the ongoing jokes and what now about our I.P. - It's honestly getting old now and your need to hijack as many threads to gain attention is getting old.
You have the far-reaching power of vendor status, just continue to sanitize the threads as you see fit and for anything you don't like other people to read.

We have differing opinions of how that went down and how you operate as a business owner, but I have no doubt any conversation with you is pointless, I've observed your standard customer service reactions and they speak for themselves.

That being said, you seemed in the right in this thread and I shared that, and I barely post in genpop anymore, so you hardly have to censor me directly, lest anyone dare have an opinion counter to your own.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have the far-reaching power of vendor status, just continue to sanitize the threads as you see fit and for anything you don't like other people to read.

We have differing opinions of how that went down and how you operate as a business owner, but I have no doubt any conversation with you is pointless, I've observed your standard customer service reactions and they speak for themselves.

That being said, you seemed in the right in this thread and I shared that, and I barely post in genpop anymore, so you hardly have to censor me directly, lest anyone dare have an opinion counter to your own.
So is there a reason you are making statements such as "" Please note I say this while still under legal threat by them for having made my own bracket " which is completely untrue and a made-up statement by yourself to get your "5 minutes of fame" and harass a forum vendor? You were not even the person who made that post about our bracket.. you were just some bystander who decided to chime in and jump on the bandwagon and continue to do so...

Why would you even make a comment like that, in this thread...your statement is not only 100% false but has nothing to do with THIS topic at hand.

Yet you want to also statements to me about " but I have no doubt any conversation with you is pointless " - Maybe if you didn't make false statements and start fights with others then maybe actual conversations could be held. But since you have a goal in mind it's clear your only intentions are to start problems on here, even hijacking a thread that's not about YOU and chiming in with your 2 cents to... again as I put it earlier get your "5 minutes of fame" and cause problems that don't exist nor need to. Spreading false information for... well not sure why you would even make such false statements honestly but I guess that goes to show your true character.

lordbigoftasty had an issue, you actually sided with our side of things (thanks) but you COULDN'T HELP yourself... you still had to add in your own agenda to spread false information/create problems and draw attention to yourself i guess? Which is odd since you were not even the person INVOLVED in the first place in that compressor thread, again you were just someone who wanted more attention and kept egging on the situation making things worse then they actually were (and you continue to do so).

lordbigoftasty had an issue, said his part, others took part in civilized responses... YOU... you decided to just go on your own agenda once again...please, stop it already enough is enough with the hijacking of threads for your own attention/gains.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with this company. With that said I have purchased several lights and brackets from them a few times for my bronco and my 4runner. They have always been completely open and honest and I was always able to get answers to my questions right away. I would 100% do business with them again. They always gave me proper information on what was in stock and when to expect my lights.

Logistics has been screwed up and yes it sucks. But this sounds like OP was more mad about buying the wrong product and expecting 4x4truckled to pay the cost, which isn't very business smart. It wasn't their fault and I'm sorry you feel this way but this is a company I respect and they have been good to many members on here too.

Picture of my beautiful fog lights with their custom bracket for the mod bumper as proof (and I love looking at my bronco lol)
PXL_20220821_115013817.jpg
I have had the same experience. The team at 4X4truckled are knowledgeable, fair and competitively priced. I assume their profit margins are lean to benefit the consumers such as myself.
If I make a mistake and incorrectly order parts…it’s on me. My experience is there is typically a 25-40% restocking fee in any industry.
That is why I triple check any order because I know that I can be an idiot if I rush.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had the same experience. The team at 4X4truckled are knowledgeable, fair and competitively priced. I assume their profit margins are lean to benefit the consumers such as myself.
If I make a mistake and incorrectly order parts…it’s on me. My experience is there is typically a 25-40% restocking fee in any industry.
That is why I triple check any order because I know that I can be an idiot if I rush.
Thanks. I've heard similar stories with some companies charging 10% or so restocking fees on orders that never even shipped out. We don't do that (with the rare exceptions if paypal was used, but we usually apply it as store credit if we can work with the customer).

It's a case by case basis. USUALLY we don't but on rare occasions we have no choice but to charge some type of restocking fee to re-coupe our expenses (when the issue wasn't ours).

I recently had a dealer order a switch panel from us. The item was listed as fitting his truck (manufacturers old data) but it didn't. We send him a pre-paid return label since it wasn't his fault but the data we had. NO questions asks. We lost $$ on that sale because we had to cover the shipipng/fees... but THAT is part of a business expense we have to deal with sometimes.

If it's our fault, we own up to it. If it's not our fault and there are ways around it, we don't charge the fee. In this case we were out a lot of expenses for something that wasn't our fault (other then having sold out on the item and having the manufacturer experience delay after delay and missed ETAs)

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a pointless thread!
I imagine speaking with my Dad about this exact scenario.
His response would go something like this.
Disgusted head shake,
"You bought the wrong item and you expect what? You're nuts"
Be happy you can return it for such a reasonable fee!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.