carpecervisi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I started getting these errors yesterday driving in Sport mode.
  • Turning the Bronco off and restarting in Sport mode:same errors.
  • Turning the Bronco off and restarting in regular mode, 4A: same errors.
  • Turning the Bronco off and restarting in 2A: no errors.
  • Turning the Bronco off and restarting in any 4A drive: same errors.
Ford Bronco 4A Issue: “Service Vehicle Soon”, “Check 4x4”, “Drive Mode Not Available” D09BD38E-9103-46F8-B9FF-4471FE818FCB

Has any seen this behavior before? A guy in FB mentioned a similar problem where Ford forgot to put his harness on the frame mount so it was dangling rubbing against the drive shaft.

Ford Bronco 4A Issue: “Service Vehicle Soon”, “Check 4x4”, “Drive Mode Not Available” 79A37545-3FEB-4500-8720-574914B1A953

I’m going to try to check that and the various ground spots folks have commented on. Fingers crossed.
-chad
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's also some sort of plug behind the glove box that I believe connects the body control module that some people have found loose. And of course there's the fuse box and battery cables to check.

Just to confirm, this isn't from you hacking and enabling sports mode on a trim that doesn't normally have it?

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's also some sort of plug behind the glove box that I believe connects the body control module that some people have found loose. And of course there's the fuse box and battery cables to check.

Just to confirm, this isn't from you hacking and enabling sports mode on a trim that doesn't normally have it?
Badlands doesn't have sport mode without hacking lol. He needs to reset before he drives in for service.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands doesn't have sport mode without hacking lol. He needs to reset before he drives in for service.
That's what I mean, maybe I missed it but he didn't say what trim he has.

So if he has one that he "enabled" sports mode on it is now having 4A errors That's a totally different ballpark than someone who is getting those types of errors with a factory setup.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's what I mean, maybe I missed it but he didn't say what trim he has.

So if he has one that he "enabled" sports mode on it is now having 4A errors That's a totally different ballpark than someone who is getting those types of errors with a factory setup.
I'm going off the decal he has on the post, I may be wrong.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP

carpecervisi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys, sorry. No this is an OBX with Sport mode enabled by default. The Badlands sticker is for what I have on order, the OBX was from my dealer after a customer backed out of their order. No hacking involved.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys, sorry. No this is an OBX with Sport mode enabled by default. The Badlands sticker is for what I have on order, the OBX was from my dealer after a customer backed out of their order. No hacking involved.
Forescan hack would not make a difference here folks, it's a simple on and off switch. The program is already in there, folks. Sport mode addition, does not reprogram anything, it just flips a switch so that already existing program is now available...Anyways, hope they figure it out.

My FE did throw some similar codes a few times in the beginning. Once it cleared with ignition recycle and the other time I hooked up the laptop I carry with me just for this purpose, and cleared the code, restarted and been perfect for nearly 10,000 miles.

Vks

Outer Banks
First Name
Vijay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2021 2DR Outerbanks since Nov 2021 and has been running smooth until yesterday, when I got the 4x4 drive error.
The Bronco seemed very sluggish and hard to steer.
Parked, restarted, drove in 2H for a while.
Later went upto 80mph in Sport mode, did slight offroading in 4H ( muds/ruts) and seems fine so far.
But it has unnerved me and waiting for the ball to drop anytime again.

Ford Bronco 4A Issue: “Service Vehicle Soon”, “Check 4x4”, “Drive Mode Not Available” Screenshot_20220312-084440_FordPass
Sponsored