Sponsored

3am start, 3 plane rides, 13 hour drive, 23 hours later..... she's home!

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Friday was a LONG day! Had an early res which I canceled and picked up a JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) and have still been wanting a Bronco. Sold the JL a while back and have been on the search for a dealer not charging ADM as all of them around me are. Found a 2.3 BD, SAS, MIC, Tow, Mid in West Virginia which I was in the process of buying till I went back on Cars.com and found a 2.7 BD, SAS, MIC, Mod bumper, Mid with roof rack in Pellston, MI. Called them up and they told me they were selling for MSRP and I immediately canceled my West Virginia purchase as I really wanted the 2.7 and this one was almost identical to my res just different color and without tow. Put a $1,000 deposit on it last week and sent over my financing (USAA) to them and set it up to be picked up on 2/17.

Have a small airport near me (Greensboro) which never has any direct flights anywhere so had to fly to Atlanta at 5am, Atlanta to Detroit and finally Detroit to Pellston which is an hour south of the boarder. Dealer picked me up when I landed at 12:15, dealer had all of the paperwork ready which took all of 20 mins to finish and I was out of the dealer by 1pm for my long 13 hour road trip home. Props to Fernelius Ford they were great to work with.

Didn't know if I was going to drive straight through but did and arrived back in my driveway at 2am. Drive was great, didn't care about MPG as its a brick in the wind. MGV seats were extremely comfortable, great road manners, plenty of passing power and just an easy drive home. Compared to my JL which I purchased from TN and drove 7 hours home which was fine but definitely required more feedback.

Now the bad, took it for a car wash today just to get all of the salt off and while inside alarm starting going off for hood latch. Has only done it once and never did it on the drive. Waiting to see if it continues and will bring it to the dealer for a new latch. Did tighten the rubber adjusters a bit to see if that helps as a previous thread somebody did the same and it hasn't happened since but time will tell. Will likely park it in the garage so it doesn't bother my neighbors if it happens at 3am or something crazy. Also have an issue with the driver window not sealing correctly when closed, takes several tries for the window to fully seal near the "B" pillar so you don't hear any air. Hoping it just needs time to wear in.

But loving it so far, 1k miles and will likely do the initial oil change next weekend. Is a second vehicle so will only be used for pleasure or for the wife to use to save some miles on our Ram 1500 she daily's. First Ford I've ever owned and likely only one I'd ever buy, as long as the issues I've experienced so far don't add up.

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on getting what you wanted at MSRP. As for the driver's window, I'm a cigarette smoker and have experienced what you are experiencing, however I have. a 2-door. What I noticed is it never seals right when you put it up, but at least at highway speeds, it doesn't eventually seal and the noise goes away after 10-15 minutes. I blame it on being frameless windows, however my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon had frameless windows and I never had this problem. Good luck with hood latch, it's nice that you are thinking of your neighbors, hopefully the good karma is rewarded.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet lookin' rig....love the A51 color! Traded the one in the back (A51 2021 BD Softtop) for the one in the foreground (A51 2022 BD MIC top) paid sticker for the 2021, traded for the 2022 ( I wanted a hard top) they gave me what I paid for the 2021 and sold me the 2022 at sticker.

Ford Bronco 3am start, 3 plane rides, 13 hour drive, 23 hours later..... she's home! Bronco new vs old

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet lookin' rig....love the A51 color! Traded the one in the back (A51 2021 BD Softtop) for the one in the foreground (A51 2022 BD MIC top) paid sticker for the 2021, traded for the 2022 ( I wanted a hard top) they gave me what I paid for the 2021 and sold me the 2022 at sticker.

Ford Bronco 3am start, 3 plane rides, 13 hour drive, 23 hours later..... she's home! Bronco new vs old
Try resetting the window. All the way down hold the button down for 5 seconds. All the way up and hold for 5 seconds. Then see if there is difference. Mine went out of wack a few weeks ago after having it for a year and this fixed it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
spiG

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try resetting the window. All the way down hold the button down for 5 seconds. All the way up and hold for 5 seconds. Then see if there is difference. Mine went out of wack a few weeks ago after having it for a year and this fixed it.
That works if the window won’t go down when opening the door but not with the issue of sealing fully.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that's an adventure. I almost feel guilty, I found one in transit to a dealer a couple hours away and they delivered it to my house at msrp. I thought was going to need to get one shipped from MI since that's where most of them at msrp are but I got lucky finding one closer to home. Good luck with your Bronco.

RCArea51

Big Bend
First Name
CRR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door BB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Friday was a LONG day! Had an early res which I canceled and picked up a JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) and have still been wanting a Bronco. Sold the JL a while back and have been on the search for a dealer not charging ADM as all of them around me are. Found a 2.3 BD, SAS, MIC, Tow, Mid in West Virginia which I was in the process of buying till I went back on Cars.com and found a 2.7 BD, SAS, MIC, Mod bumper, Mid with roof rack in Pellston, MI. Called them up and they told me they were selling for MSRP and I immediately canceled my West Virginia purchase as I really wanted the 2.7 and this one was almost identical to my res just different color and without tow. Put a $1,000 deposit on it last week and sent over my financing (USAA) to them and set it up to be picked up on 2/17.

Have a small airport near me (Greensboro) which never has any direct flights anywhere so had to fly to Atlanta at 5am, Atlanta to Detroit and finally Detroit to Pellston which is an hour south of the boarder. Dealer picked me up when I landed at 12:15, dealer had all of the paperwork ready which took all of 20 mins to finish and I was out of the dealer by 1pm for my long 13 hour road trip home. Props to Fernelius Ford they were great to work with.

Didn't know if I was going to drive straight through but did and arrived back in my driveway at 2am. Drive was great, didn't care about MPG as its a brick in the wind. MGV seats were extremely comfortable, great road manners, plenty of passing power and just an easy drive home. Compared to my JL which I purchased from TN and drove 7 hours home which was fine but definitely required more feedback.

Now the bad, took it for a car wash today just to get all of the salt off and while inside alarm starting going off for hood latch. Has only done it once and never did it on the drive. Waiting to see if it continues and will bring it to the dealer for a new latch. Did tighten the rubber adjusters a bit to see if that helps as a previous thread somebody did the same and it hasn't happened since but time will tell. Will likely park it in the garage so it doesn't bother my neighbors if it happens at 3am or something crazy. Also have an issue with the driver window not sealing correctly when closed, takes several tries for the window to fully seal near the "B" pillar so you don't hear any air. Hoping it just needs time to wear in.

But loving it so far, 1k miles and will likely do the initial oil change next weekend. Is a second vehicle so will only be used for pleasure or for the wife to use to save some miles on our Ram 1500 she daily's. First Ford I've ever owned and likely only one I'd ever buy, as long as the issues I've experienced so far don't add up.

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

Sharp ride! Did a similar trip to Detroit to purchase mine. Louisville, to Chicago, to Detroit. Closet place to my area selling for msrp at the time. Wouldn’t take my a-plan, which pissed me off since I destroy my body daily for this company building trucks. But hey, I got what I wanted. A-51, 2 door with Sasquatch.

OP
OP
spiG

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Received my second “hood open” alarm while it was sitting in the driveway today. Just after that received a notification advising remote features disabled to preserve battery. Notes that this is due to the vehicle sitting and is only temporary even though I just got back from picking the kids up from school which is an hour of driving. I honestly hate going to the dealer and might just order a latch myself for $130 or whatever it is just to save the hassle of dealing with them.

92C694A7-A16E-42B9-BC07-3F7436C74D7C.png

53DDF69F-A2C1-43A2-B3F4-AB0E2EFFB4DA.jpeg

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats on your new Bronco! Enjoy it for many years to come.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on the new Bronco.
Looks sharp!!!

Seems searching and finding one really is the best way to go if you can.
Almost 8 months of just attempting to place an order was enough of the BS for me to seek another route to getting one bought.

I found and bought mine at dealer 1200 miles away in Virginia last week.
Had mine trucked into me.

Took 2 days to get here and cost $1200 total to ship it, but I hate to fly anymore, and really didn't want to make the two-day road trip home in it either.

Mine just arrived a few minutes ago.
Ford Bronco 3am start, 3 plane rides, 13 hour drive, 23 hours later..... she's home! 1677187504902

Ford Bronco 3am start, 3 plane rides, 13 hour drive, 23 hours later..... she's home! 1677187524173
Sponsored