First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6'3" 200 lbs but mostly leg, 34" inseam.
I sold an 18 F150 super crew for a two door badlands.
I have the Bronco seat all the way back and all the way down, and find it just as comfortable and roomy as the drivers seat in the F150. I spent 11 hours each way PA to SC and back and have no complaints.

I've looked at wranglers for years, but I just don't fit.
Sponsored

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been eyeing a Bronco now for a month a half. I was able to sit in a 2 door a couple of weeks ago and a 4 door today at lunch. Being 6'5 and disproportionate long torso , there is no way I could comfortably fit in a 4 door as with the seat all the way back my shoulder hits the B pillar and my knee hits the little plastic nub that sticks out towards the bottom of the climate cluster.

I sat in the 2 door and it felt good but wanted to see how people who were around my height felt owning it and how comfortable they were in theirs. I just don't want to order one and then regret it because i'm not comfortable.

Thanks. (Also, mods if this isn't the right place I apologize; still finding my way around the forum).

I am 6'4'" and came to the exact same conclusion, I could no longer be comfortable in Jeeps due to the B pillar hitting my shoulder and causung me to sit slightly twisted in the drivers seat, I went with the 2 Door bronco because the B pillar is further back than the 4 Door and even with the seat all the way back and slightly reclined my sholder room is great and I do not hit the B-Pillar at all. After just under 8,000 miles on the Bronco, I have zero complaints about the Seating room or position, and plenty of head,Knee and Leg room....

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fitting comfortably in vehicles is such a complicated thing for us big folks. I'm 6'6". I've never sat in a 2dr, but I fit very comfortably in a 4dr.

The funny thing with saying "I'm X'X" tall and I fit or don't fit" is that height is only one factor. Weight matters a lot, as do overall proportions. I let myself go there for a while and got north of 300lbs. I couldn't even begin to fit in a Wrangler - knees rubbing the wheel, head banging the sport bar.

Then I lost 60lbs. Now I fit fine in a JK... head is under the bar, plenty of knee room under the wheel. It's shocking the difference losing a few inches of "ass fat" can make in how much lower and farther back you sit in a vehicle.

Anyways, not trying to call anyone a fatty or anything like that. Just saying that in my experience your overall heft matters as much as your height.

That said, I was back at my over 300 weight when I first sat in a 4dr Bronco. I had plenty of room in it even at that size.

OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am 6'4'" and came to the exact same conclusion, I could no longer be comfortable in Jeeps due to the B pillar hitting my shoulder and causung me to sit slightly twisted in the drivers seat, I went with the 2 Door bronco because the B pillar is further back than the 4 Door and even with the seat all the way back and slightly reclined my sholder room is great and I do not hit the B-Pillar at all. After just under 8,000 miles on the Bronco, I have zero complaints about the Seating room or position, and plenty of head,Knee and Leg room....
As someone said below, weight does have a difference as I am 6'5 almost 6'6 and about 375. So I am not thin by any means but really only carry it in my mid section. I have a friend who is my height and about 300 and has the same complaints I do for the 4 door. He's getting the 2 door as I am.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm 6'4ish. I don't have my bronco yet, but I have driven both 2 and 4 door. I'd say the 2 door is slightly more comfortable with the pillar being further back. However, I drove a 4 door for roughly 8 hours at Offroadeo and never felt uncomfortable.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 6’4” and 320#, more husky than super fatass but still a big dude. My 2 door fits perfectly when I can have the windows down and my left elbow up on the door. With the windows closed it’s ok but I could use some more elbow room. There is more elbow room in my wife’s 2021 Tacoma. With the seat all the way down there is tons of head room, at least 6”.
Sponsored