First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to keep this simple so here goes; been looking for auto transmission skid plate that will:

- work with factory badlands oem skids
- interested in ones that allow engine oil changes ONLY requiring OEM engine skid removal ( not wanting to have to unbolt all skids when changing oil)
- want to maintain existing ground clearance

Also interested in possibly upgrading Badlands OEM transfer case skid plate that will work with OEM engine and aftermarket transmission skid plates while also not affecting engine oil change process.

Mostly concerned with transmission plate as Badlands already has transfer case plate even though not very substantial. ( That unprotected plastic transmission pan makes me quiver…. I could see a large sage or tree limb go right through it; yikes) Metal pan is planned for in a year or two at first service….

Thx for any help to those of you who ve already been through this as all my research has not provided answers to my above questions!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Edit, if it matters, my BL is the Capable Bumper; not modular.

OP
OP

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7. Oil filter in engine compartment. I put a Ronin plug in first oil change.

Dropping OEM skid for oil changes nice an easy, pull 2 bolts, loosen 2 and slide skid out of way. Would like to keep it that easy going forward thus my questions !! đź‘Ť

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an Asfir front skid that replaces both the bash plate and engine skid in one piece and doesn’t need removed to change oil

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does yours drain through a hole in skid? How do you get to oil plug/Ronin valve?

AdamF@IAG

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Code Orange Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We will have both skids to meet your needs. A trans skid that works with the OE engine skid, and a transfer skid that provides more protection than the OE BL skid. Our trans skid also works with and without the 6 cyl crossmembers. Expect to release this fall.
Sponsored