Sponsored

2.3l Manual checks when sitting extended amount of time (10 months)

Dirty_Javi

Badlands
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 4dr manual, 2018 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my Bronco in march of 21 and it came in 05/23.
I ordered the truck in Houston,TX and was living in PHX when it came in. In july of 23 I accepted a temporary job in HI. And had 3 weeks to get over there so I put the truck in an enclosed non climate controlled storage unit in PHX. Its been there ever since. Due to work I was not able to go back and move it and the transportation cost to bring it to HI were really high and since I’ll be heading back in another couple months I thought the best option was to leave it.

In may I was able to get someone to go move it. It turned on after a jump and he drove it a bit down the road but the battery is shot. I have a new battery coming for and I’ll be able to get someone to go install it.
he said there were no issues with the tires which I was surprised about. I had changed the oil (royal purple) prior to putting it in storage and filled the fuel tank.
I plan to check fluid levels on the radiator, steering, brake and transmission when I get back. And I plan to change the oil again as well. Are there any other things I should get checked, do preemptively or monitor for?

model is:
23 Badlands 4 door 2.3 7speed man (Non-SAS) -3,900 miles

tldr-
my truck sat in storage for 10 months, what should I check on when I get back?

eta- 2.3l not 2.7
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You might consider a fuel stabilizer or put in 100% gas with no ethanol. A little late now but if you have extended time in storage going forward. Also a battery tender would have been my number one thing to keep from killing the battery, but again that is a little late.

I guess I would burn through the gas you have in short order to get fresh in. I wouldn't say critical but I wouldn't let it stay in there any longer than necessary.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dirty_Javi

Dirty_Javi

Badlands
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Search how to do crank without firing. Get some oil moving without combustion. I believe it’s pedal to the floor.
I was planning on doing the crank. For the Manual I believe it's the clutch and gas that stays on the floor.

OP
OP
Dirty_Javi

Dirty_Javi

Badlands
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might consider a fuel stabilizer or put in 100% gas with no ethanol. A little late now but if you have extended time in storage going forward. Also a battery tender would have been my number one thing to keep from killing the battery, but again that is a little late.

I guess I would burn through the gas you have in short order to get fresh in. I wouldn't say critical but I wouldn't let it stay in there any longer than necessary.
I will try that out next time. I'll definitely be getting rid of the old gas.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mice damage. If one decides to start nesting in your vehicle, it’s going to make a mess of things. And, you may have some electrical issues if one decides to chew on wiring. I had a Land Rover Discover in storage in New Mexico while I was stationed in Korea and a mouse got in and made a nest in the glove box. Its urine started to rust some of the metal behind the dash. Nasty stuff.
Sponsored