Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been wanting to see my top color picks (Antimatter Blue and Area 51) in person and figured that since I live in the Pacific Northwest, it'd be best to see them on a gray, rainy day. Unfortunately, the local dealer didn't have any AMB vehicles despite Ford's inventory tool saying on was in stock. I did manage to get shots of both Area 51 and Cactus Gray on new Bronco Sports.

The Area 51 was being dealer-traded and headed off the lot as I arrived at Sound Ford in Renton WA. I got the photos before it pulled away to its new owners in Aberdeen WA. I couldn't get interior pics as the driver and passenger from the trading dealership were already inside. The Cactus Gray was at Ford of Kirkland WA. Both looked great.

I still need to see AMB on an F-series before I make a final choice, but having seen Area 51 in person under cloudy skies, I'm pretty sold on it. It has a great smokey blue look to it and I like the it's a flagship Bronco color. I hope the pics are helpful to others.

Happy New Year to you all!

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5556.jpeg

IMG_5557.jpeg

IMG_5555.jpeg

IMG_5554.jpeg

IMG_5553.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

IMG_5566.jpeg
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That looks pretty gray in the rain!

That's the car I was trying to see when I stopped by there. What did you think of the paint? Same conclusion as most?

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks pretty gray in the rain!

That's the car I was trying to see when I stopped by there. What did you think of the paint? Same conclusion as most?
Which color are you asking about? What is the conclusion of most?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cactus Gray. Looks gray to mint green.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus Gray. Looks gray to mint green.
Under clouds, it looks like a very pale mint green. There isn't enough green in it, to my eye, to make it a colorful car - it's more squarely in the gray zone, almost like wet concrete.

The sun might bring out more of the green. I suspect that it will be more popular with people who like neutral colors.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wanting to see my top color picks (Antimatter Blue and Area 51) in person and figured that since I live in the Pacific Northwest, it'd be best to see them on a gray, rainy day. Unfortunately, the local dealer didn't have any AMB vehicles despite Ford's inventory tool saying on was in stock. I did manage to get shots of both Area 51 and Cactus Gray on new Bronco Sports.

The Area 51 was being dealer-traded and headed off the lot as I arrived at Sound Ford in Renton WA. I got the photos before it pulled away to its new owners in Aberdeen WA. I couldn't get interior pics as the driver and passenger from the trading dealership were already inside. The Cactus Gray was at Ford of Kirkland WA. Both looked great.

I still need to see AMB on an F-series before I make a final choice, but having seen Area 51 in person under cloudy skies, I'm pretty sold on it. It has a great smokey blue look to it and I like the it's a flagship Bronco color. I hope the pics are helpful to others.

Happy New Year to you all!

Ford Bronco Area 51 and Cactus Gray in Seattle Sunshine IMG_5566

All good choices! I love the AMB, but it’s just too dark for me to mentally handle the back country pin striping and washing required to keep it looking good ?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

... it's more squarely in the gray zone, almost like wet concrete.
@Lab00Rat Sound familiar? With the latest Cactus Gray photo critiques, it may be time to bump up your masterful analysis.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that the same color as the roast interior on the OBX? If so, did it look awkward with cactus grey? I’m one of the few that likes the roast, but I’m thinking it would only go good with velocity blue or carb grey exterior.

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the same color as the roast interior on the OBX? If so, did it look awkward with cactus grey? I’m one of the few that likes the roast, but I’m thinking it would only go good with velocity blue or carb grey exterior.
I assume that's roast and that they're the same, but can't confirm it. I originally reserved an OBX but moved on quickly due to my dislike for the interiors (I want all black, so I will get a Badlands).

I didn't find the interior at all offensive with Cactus Gray. But it's really a personal taste thing. If I saw CG out on the road with that roast interior, I'd think, "Well that's a darned cool-looking rig!"

My wife just purchased a 2021 Subaru Outback with a brown and black interior and I think that has made me warm up to them a bit (the Sub is a really nice car). That interior is below...

Ford Bronco Area 51 and Cactus Gray in Seattle Sunshine 21_OBK_photos_int_01

Last edited:

Sponsored

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume that's roast and that they're the same, but can't confirm it. I originally reserved an OBX but moved on quickly due to my dislike for the interiors (I want all black, so I will get a Badlands).

I didn't find the interior at all offensive with Cactus Gray. But it's really a personal taste thing. If I saw CG out on the road with that roast interior, I'd think, "Well that's a darned cool-looking rig!"

My wife just purchased a 2021 Subaru Outback with a brown and black interior and I think that has made me warm up to them a bit (the Sub is a really nice car). That interior is below...

Ford Bronco Area 51 and Cactus Gray in Seattle Sunshine 21_OBK_photos_int_01
Thanks! I currently have a reservation for the wildtrak, but I’m afraid that light color interior will get destroyed by kids and their softball/baseball friends. That’s why I’m kinda leaning towards the roast color. I do love the badlands also but as an Oklahoma grad, I just can’t do orange! Silly, I know.

Nice outback! I’m selling my 2014 outback when the bronco comes in. It’s been a great vehicle.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lab00Rat Sound familiar? With the latest Cactus Gray photo critiques, it may be time to bump up your masterful analysis.
The analysis was spot on. The color is gray, but "appears" different depending on several factors from light to surroundings.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The analysis was spot on. The color is gray, but "appears" different depending on several factors from light to surroundings.
I wasn't disputing the analysis. I completely agree. I was bringing attention to the description of "wet cement" in which seems to be a common refrain that IIRC you mentioned in your masterful analysis.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't disputing the analysis. I completely agree. I was bringing attention to the description of "wet cement" in which seems to be a common refrain that IIRC you mentioned in your masterful analysis.
I know, but I have not seen it on a large enough surface area to get that impression. Others have called it wet cement before. We shall see (not) soon enough.

K Underwood

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Porsche 993 911
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was concerned about CG with roast interior. Thought it may be awkward too..checked out a Sport OBX locally this week that happened to have roast interior and I really thought it looked sharp. Would love to see a CG with navy pier to fully make up my mind though. These pics I posted on another thread may be helpful...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ohio-roll-call.1076/post-390285
Sponsored