Sponsored

SSM 52470: 2021-2024 Bronco - Loss Of Window Initialization (one-touch up / down function)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like Ford is removing the short drop window function now for some Broncos due to an issue with the windows losing initialization.
Which is also probably why the SSM saying they were working on making the feature backwards compatible with older models was removed a few weeks ago also.

Some 2021-2024 Bronco vehicles may experience a repeat loss of window initialization which results in a loss of short drop and/or one-touch up and one-touch down feature operation. This may be due to a recent short drop enhancement that is contained in the driver door module (DDM) and passenger door module (PDM) software. To correct this condition, update the DDM and PDM to the latest software levels then download and run the Loss Of Power Window Initialization Concern application using Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). If the vehicle’s DDM and PDM had software part numbers ending with CN or CR when it arrived, advise the customer that the vehicle will no longer exhibit a short drop event to all door windows anytime the vehicle is unlocked using the remote keyless entry (RKE), accessory keyless entry keypad, or the interior door unlock switch.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Deep sigh...

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I will have to live with my floppy windows. Hopefully a real fix comes out someday.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2013 F150, 1979 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just had mine at the dealer today and had asked them to update the driver and passenger door modules to enable this feature. They said they did update, but then said the feature was removed and gave me a printout of this SSM. Too bad…

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You just saved me a trip to the dealer!
Sponsored