First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had my lift installed. Fox 2.1 coil-overs, Icon tie rods, and Elevate UCA's. Haven't maxed the lift yet. At this point it's just leveled. I do go out rock crawling as often as I can and want some more clearance. I'm wanting 37's, but I have a friend that thinks 37's will kill my power. I have a '22 Badlands Sasquatch, with 2.7. Anyone have any thoughts on the power issue?
Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a 2.7 and a 10-speed trans, I doubt you'll have any issues. Your speedo may report your mph a bit incorrect, though. Assuming you also have a SAS then you have a 4.70 gearing and therefore it'll be fine (I'd even say the 4.46 can move 37s fine). If you really feel like it's a dog, you can go higher in the final drive.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not on mine. But I do also have the ProCal tune since I used it to calibrate my speedo

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Proclal tune as well as well. I'll definitely calibrate the speedo when I get the tires. What tires did you go with?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had my lift installed. Fox 2.1 coil-overs, Icon tie rods, and Elevate UCA's. Haven't maxed the lift yet. At this point it's just leveled. I do go out rock crawling as often as I can and want some more clearance. I'm wanting 37's, but I have a friend that thinks 37's will kill my power. I have a '22 Badlands Sasquatch, with 2.7. Anyone have any thoughts on the power issue?
Does your friend have a Bronco? Or are they just projecting?

Sponsored
OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your friend have a Bronco? Or are they just projecting?
Both! Lol. But his is a pavement princess. He has a friend who has a 2-door Jeep. He put 37's on it and the engine power went to crap. He ended up changing out his rear end. My friend also put 37's on his F-150 Raptor and had a similar result.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both! Lol. But his is a pavement princess. He has a friend who has a 2-door Jeep. He put 37's on it and the engine power went to crap. He ended up changing out his rear end. My friend also put 37's on his F-150 Raptor and had a similar result.
The Jeep probably has worse gearing.

I did feel a big performance drop going to 37s. Premium helped a little, but I'm mostly just adapted to it now.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jeep probably has worse gearing.

I did feel a big performance drop going to 37s. Premium helped a little, but I'm mostly just adapted to it now.
Did you go from 33s or 35s to the 37s? The other thing that makes a huge difference is that similar diameter tires can vary widely in weight, which is going to have a big factor in the power feel. There's a thread on the forum comparing the weights of varies tires.

Also the stock Sas wheels are silly heavy. Cut some weight there by going with some nice Methods.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero problems. I run Discoverer STT Pro's 37s on a 17-Black Rhino rim. Now mind you I do have a few engine mods. (in the sig) but loss of power is not an issue for me. On pavement or Off.

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm running Method 17" Bead-grips with 0 offset. I'm looking at BFG KO2's, but then I hear they are phasing those out. The stock Goodyears are a little too squishy.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go from 33s or 35s to the 37s? The other thing that makes a huge difference is that similar diameter tires can vary widely in weight, which is going to have a big factor in the power feel. There's a thread on the forum comparing the weights of varies tires.

Also the stock Sas wheels are silly heavy. Cut some weight there by going with some nice Methods.
The Goodyears which are probably closer to a 33 than a 35.

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? Are you really going to go there?

To answer the question you were going from the Sasquatch 35s.
Yes, I plan on going to 37’s from the Sasquatch 35’s.