First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly think that will happen in time. China already has the molds. It’s only a matter of time now

I don’t think a single person that defected to TOR is regretting it. As a matter of fact I think they are all relieved. They saved about $2500 when you include assembly, a much better warranty, AND they actually have their tops
That was actually a big factor in my finally making the switch. The more I though about ADV's modular design, and the increased failure points it brought with it, the more leery I became.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That was actually a big factor in my finally making the switch. The more I though about ADV's modular design, and the increased failure points it brought with it, the more leery I became.
There is no way this can be as rigid as a single piece design. Throw in a roof top tent with people moving around in it and I'm more concerned. Lucky for me I'm never buying this top I just hadn't seen these points mentioned.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly think that will happen in time. China already has the molds. It’s only a matter of time now

I don’t think a single person that defected to TOR is regretting it. As a matter of fact I think they are all relieved. They saved about $2500 when you include assembly, a much better warranty, AND they actually have their tops
Exactly, it's happened thousands of times. Amazon is full of Chinese copies of anything and everything. ADV should kept the process at home. So glad the 100% deposit was a red flag to me.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who pays for the warranty shipping back to ADV?

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is no way this can be as rigid as a single piece design. Throw in a roof top tent with people moving around in it and I'm more concerned. Lucky for me I'm never buying this top I just hadn't seen these points mentioned.
All true!
I'm almost glad they messed this up so horribly now, allowing TOR time to sweep in offer what should be a more solid product, with a better warranty, better prices

Sponsored

Granite Gorge

Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 23 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I watched the video. And all I can picture is me, outside in the yard with dirt, cold, wind blowing, snow? maybe 90 degrees and the Sun beating down. Trying to but this top together, sweating bullets, cursing, Back killing me, loosing parts, tools. And it taken me all day to put it together.

Johnmlebel

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 19/21 F150 screw, 21/22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately our manufacturing teams timelines were pushed back more than we wanted (from what we stated back in November). We are doing everything in our power to move things along quicker. This is a production top used in the video. Feel free to come visit our shop and see the production units in person as well!
Why dont you be honest with people instead of stealing money for years now with no product in sight

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to admit, my stomach sank a little when the new announcements hit last week right after I canceled. Then I saw the details about the assembly (which at least now explains the $500 cost to do it on-site), and I felt pretty good again. For some folks with the time and skill, it could be a fun project.

Not for me, and not at that price point.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to admit, my stomach sank a little when the new announcements hit last week right after I canceled. Then I saw the details about the assembly (which at least now explains the $500 cost to do it on-site), and I felt pretty good again. For some folks with the time and skill, it could be a fun project.

Not for me, and not at that price point.
What was not mentioned was the continued "delays." It's just another hype video to buy some more time.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For my delivery from TOR it was around the $400. That is about 450 miles away. I did my math wrong earlier, ADV was actually over 75% more. That was the ADV day 1 February 2022 price. They have threatened that they would be increasing shipping costs so not sure if that still holds. Could be considerably more by now.
Honestly that shipping rate isn't bad, especially if it was to a residential address

Back to topic at hand, having the customer have to basically do the full final assembly. Woof, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

This reminds me of a product me and one of my suppliers tried to launch years ago. It was going to be the hot new thing, but they completely over engineered it and fumbled the execution. Instructions were terrible(they outsourced the design and instructions. Some measurements were metric, some were standard some were a bastard combination of the two to form a measurement that doesn't exist lol), the things they did to try and help the customer ended up hurting them. In the end, they had a product that was way over the top for it's purpose, way more expensive than the competition that ultimately beat us to the punch in release.
Sponsored

Last edited: