Sponsored

Installed Blistein 6100's and She Sits Lower?

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After debating different shocks for my build I went with the Bilstein 6100's (they also were on sale at Stage 3 Motorsports which helped). I am running a BDS puck style lift on my 2023 Badlands SAS. My tech installed the 6100's at the lowest "1" setting as that is what it appeared to say to do in the directions, put it on the ground and now I have a rake to the front and it is noticeably lower in the front, back might be a tad but the front is very noticeable. Measuring the rear from the ground vs. the front the front is almost 1.25" lower in the front where usually they were pretty level.

Attached is the new pic (pointed right) and an old pic I found (pointed left) The Before pic is without the 1/2" body lift, the new pic even has the 1/2" body lift on it.

I am going to have my tech redo the front and move the clip I think but has anyone experienced this on the 6100 with it sitting lower on the stock setting?

TIA,
Dave

Ford Bronco Installed Blistein 6100's and She Sits Lower? Bronky with 6100

Ford Bronco Installed Blistein 6100's and She Sits Lower? Bronky with Factory
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would assume the instructions are for a base model Bronco, as the Sasquatch is standard with ~2” lift, you need to go higher that that to achieve a level in the front.

Cunningham’s law will let you know for sure though.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After debating different shocks for my build I went with the Bilstein 6100's (they also were on sale at Stage 3 Motorsports which helped). I am running a BDS puck style lift on my 2023 Badlands SAS. My tech installed the 6100's at the lowest "1" setting as that is what it appeared to say to do in the directions, put it on the ground and now I have a rake to the front and it is noticeably lower in the front, back might be a tad but the front is very noticeable. Measuring the rear from the ground vs. the front the front is almost 1.25" lower in the front where usually they were pretty level.

Attached is the new pic (pointed right) and an old pic I found (pointed left) The Before pic is without the 1/2" body lift, the new pic even has the 1/2" body lift on it.

I am going to have my tech redo the front and move the clip I think but has anyone experienced this on the 6100 with it sitting lower on the stock setting?

TIA,
Dave

instructions for the bilsteins are for stock not SAS. You need to install likely on the 2nd or 3rd clip to be equal to what you had stock height wise.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

instructions for the bilsteins are for stock not SAS. You need to install likely on the 2nd or 3rd clip to be equal to what you had stock height wise.
Thanks y'all. I have the instructions on lift heights and one of the guys from Stage 3 sent me another one for heights I included. This is for the Badlands/SAS.

What is confusing is I was told with my lift that I have to run the 6100s on the lowest setting (stock) which is the first clip but in doing so I lost height? We were going to put it back on the rack later today or maybe tomorrow to mess with it but it isn't as easy as just move it, you have to take the entire strut out, compress it, move it, reinstall it and then test it...if that's not it than you go through it allover again (ugh).

Has anyone ran the 6100 and lost height from factory settings? I am trying to base it on the factory setting as going "up" wasn't suggested with my current lift. Stock should have been the baseline for everything to stay the same per what I was told by many before I bought them and researched them?

I know there are other threads on the 6100 but they get muddied with people looking for lift and then they start talking about the 6112's with the spring. I just am looking for info on the shock itself and what to do without creating an issue.

You would have thought that stock means stock so no change?

Frustrated.

Bilstein Lift Height.png

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks y'all. I have the instructions on lift heights and one of the guys from Stage 3 sent me another one for heights I included. This is for the Badlands/SAS.

What is confusing is I was told with my lift that I have to run the 6100s on the lowest setting (stock) which is the first clip but in doing so I lost height? We were going to put it back on the rack later today or maybe tomorrow to mess with it but it isn't as easy as just move it, you have to take the entire strut out, compress it, move it, reinstall it and then test it...if that's not it than you go through it allover again (ugh).

Has anyone ran the 6100 and lost height from factory settings? I am trying to base it on the factory setting as going "up" wasn't suggested with my current lift. Stock should have been the baseline for everything to stay the same per what I was told by many before I bought them and researched them?

I know there are other threads on the 6100 but they get muddied with people looking for lift and then they start talking about the 6112's with the spring. I just am looking for info on the shock itself and what to do without creating an issue.

You would have thought that stock means stock so no change?

Frustrated.

Ford Bronco Installed Blistein 6100's and She Sits Lower? Bilstein Lift Height
Do you have pictures of the struts installed on the vehicle?

Maybe somethings installed wrong? thats fairly substantial height difference/discrepancy

Sponsored

Base

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It still looks great, sorry for the troubles. Hope you can get it resolved to your liking. How does it ride compared to stock?

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have pictures of the struts installed on the vehicle?

Maybe somethings installed wrong? thats fairly substantial height difference/discrepancy
I just snapped these real quick out in the lot, I don't have any of it up on the lift though (I am a service director at Ford so I am having my guys jack with it when they have time). The one with my tire turned you can see that my tire is almost touching the back of the fender before you could get 2-3 fingers in there gap

Bilstein overall installed.jpg

Bilstein overall installed top.jpg

Bilstein overall installed lower.jpg

Bilstein tire.jpg

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It still looks great, sorry for the troubles. Hope you can get it resolved to your liking. How does it ride compared to stock?
Thanks! Ride is definitely better, takes some of the jarring out, maybe a little more "sporty" feel but better than the factory hands down.

As my wife says to me all time with all my projects "Had to f&*k with it didn't ya". lol

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just measured the factory (yellow) Bilstein from the bottom to the bottom of the spring seat and the factory is 1.25/1.5" taller so that is my drop in height.... But I am told that it is not suggestible to add height to the shock since I already have a lift? The only way to gain height back is to go to a level 4 at best I am thinking. But... if on a stock suspension people use this to "lift" their Broncos than what is the true measurement? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 equals what true height. UGH!!!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just measured the factory (yellow) Bilstein from the bottom to the bottom of the spring seat and the factory is 1.25/1.5" taller so that is my drop in height.... But I am told that it is not suggestible to add height to the shock since I already have a lift? The only way to gain height back is to go to a level 4 at best I am thinking. But... if on a stock suspension people use this to "lift" their Broncos than what is the true measurement? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 equals what true height. UGH!!!
Ford Bronco Installed Blistein 6100's and She Sits Lower? 1717711040037-b3

Sponsored
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No $hit buddy! What was a simple shock swap has turned into reinventing the wheel.

Surly someone has added 6100's to a Bronco and can give me some data on what real world numbers are by the notch they set them at.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No $hit buddy! What was a simple shock swap has turned into reinventing the wheel.

Surly someone has added 6100's to a Bronco and can give me some data on what real world numbers are by the notch they set them at.
I put all of mine on max height leveled it and still looks great with 35s. Sorry no help on lower settings.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put all of mine on max height leveled it and still looks great with 35s. Sorry no help on lower settings.
Thanks! Problem is I was told with my lift already that I couldn’t go above “stock” which apparently isn’t true. I probably need to go to the 3 or 4 notch in the front but out back they seem like they are where the original factory was. No idea why the front is so different. Part numbers were triple checked and are right. My tech is going to pull them in the morning and we are going to play with it, fingers crossed.
Stupid me though didn’t take a before measurement since we assumed “stock is stock” so it shouldn’t have had any effect on the lift, should have been a swap shocks for shocks ???

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I sorry I can’thelp with your lift issues, but what wheels are you running?

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to update the post. Here is the stock sas shock next to the 6100. To get them equal length I am at the 4th clip, not "stock", going to see where it sits in a few but that should put it back to where it was before adding the shocks.

So, I don't know how others are getting an actual lift from these shocks unless I am unique because I am dealing with a lifted bronco and not a stock one.

6100 vs HOSS 2.jpg
Sponsored