W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The BB grill and old school lights is my fav look. Regret changing to what I have.

I've had mine for a week and am loving it so far. I was in the market for a 2-door hardtop with the towing package and 32" tires and was flexible on the color.

Bronco.jpg

Sponsored

McLovin80

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 M240i, 95 Prelude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard that's a tough trail. How long did it take to drive from Crested Butte to Aspen via Taylor Pass?

Also did you use the crawl gear much?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard that's a tough trail. How long did it take to drive from Crested Butte to Aspen via Taylor Pass?

Also did you use the crawl gear much?
It was 3:28 from the CB ski area to Taylor pass which included airing down to 25 psi and 8 minutes watching a moose at Taylor Park Reservoir.
it’s 55 minutes from CB to Taylor Park Reservoir. Another 50 minutes to the Taylor Pass trailhead including airing down. We were 1:40 going up the trail. It’s 5 miles long. It was about 25 minutes faster coming down. (Less spotting coming down).

We went back to CB instead of to Aspen.
Tomorrow we’re going to Aspen via Taylor pass. I think it’ll only take 50 minutes on Express Creek to get to Aspen from Taylor Pass.

The official rating is 7/10 but I would classify it more a 6. The crux of the trail is the creek crossing. The main difficulty on much of the trail is the loose bowling ball sIzed rocks.
I used crawler on several of the sections but sometimes was in first or second. I used the rear locker three or four times and the front locker once. Although it could be navigated without lockers.
The 2.3 w/MT has plenty of torque to creep along at idle to 1000 RPM.
I’ve got the stock 285 BFG’s on my Badlands. We scraped a few times but nothing big.

Creek crossing
Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club IMG_7961

Last edited:

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On to Moab. Off-Roadeo tomorrow so my wife can learn to wheel.
Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club IMG_8048

The passenger rock rail took a hit on Saturday with the second trip on Taylor pass. This time I didn’t have a spotter which made a big difference. Sometimes it’s a matter of 2 or 3” of tire placement.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This really is a special color..it is hypnotic.
Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club IMG_8048
Waoooo that looks good. I haven't washed mine in more than 3 months, and this reminds me of what EG really looks like! What color is the interior, sandstone and black?

Sponsored

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Waoooo that looks good. I haven't washed mine in more than 3 months, and this reminds me of what EG really looks like! What color is the interior, sandstone and black?
Yes sir!