David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a serious question.

What exactly is the difference between a rear locker and a traction board?

I understand if you're crossing a trail where one of your wheels is up in the air with no lockers you will get stuck, I get that. But what if you get stuck in mud/sand/snow. Couldn't you just use a couple of traction boards and get out?

71FU2UJtsLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Brandonj83

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't realize. I built out a few back in October of last year, but didn't remember the pricing. So 5k increase in 6 months. Jeez.... BTW, have you taken delivery of yours yet?
I haven’t even received a scheduled build date but I didn’t order until 3/27 so hopefully soon. I am getting antsy though. Local dealer has brand new 22’ Mustang GT that I can get a few thousand off and get the 0% financing.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This made me go back and look at my original decision matrix from 2020/2021. There I was pricing out 2-doors with Interest Rates around 1.90% :LOL: :
Ford Bronco Another Price Increase? cDQemrw

shantel

Black Diamond
First Name
Shantel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've found a couple, but I've genuinely found no dealership stock Black Diamond, just used ones. Same thing with Big Bend Sasquatch, haven't seen a single one in my months of perusing.
My dealership has a BD in stock right now for below MRSP!

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone on here just thinking of saying screw it and just getting a Base Base Bronco?
I would have 100% bought a Base if I could have gotten the big display and sway bar disconnect and just done all my other mods I got out of OBX on my own.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven’t even received a scheduled build date but I didn’t order until 3/27 so hopefully soon. I am getting antsy though. Local dealer has brand new 22’ Mustang GT that I can get a few thousand off and get the 0% financing.
The way it's looking, you may get your build sooner than later (crazy because there are still those who have been waiting for 2 years). I put in an order in on 5/20/23, so I'm going to be waiting even longer. Only thing that may help me is my build is very simple and has no constraints (as of now). But like you, I have been eyeing '23 4Runner in case my patience just lets go, lol

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was shocked when i recently built mine for fun just to see. About $7,500 price increase pre tax for my exact build 2022 vs 2023 is absolutely insane for the same vehicle. Ford is price gouging hard and it really makes it hard for me to recommend the bronco anymore to friends that were interested in it.

This vehicle is supposed to compete with the wrangler but at the very bottom end the ford is $4500 more? They were both about 29k starting when I ordered mine. Its actually silly and I feel fortunate I chose to order when I did but also upset for others, hype and unique styling aside this isn't that special of a vehicle, its just a ford jeep with pretty basic build methods and materials.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You don't really need the locker. When I'm climbing a steep incline, I just have the passenger jump out and put a stick in the rear wheel through the BD wheel spaces. Every few inches they can add a new stick.

Or you can just spend a few thousand to upgrade.
Locker is useful for sand and mud.

I got my Expedition stuck in my own driveway once...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was shocked when i recently built mine for fun just to see. About $7,500 price increase pre tax for my exact build 2022 vs 2023 is absolutely insane for the same vehicle. Ford is price gouging hard and it really makes it hard for me to recommend the bronco anymore to friends that were interested in it.

This vehicle is supposed to compete with the wrangler but at the very bottom end the ford is $4500 more? They were both about 29k starting when I ordered mine. Its actually silly and I feel fortunate I chose to order when I did but also upset for others, hype and unique styling aside this isn't that special of a vehicle, its just a ford jeep with pretty basic build methods and materials.
I haven't followed Jeep pricing this year, but when I ordered, the lowest trim Wrangler that offered Sasquatch like features was something like $15,000 over my Base Sasquatch.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I haven't priced Broncos lately, but when Ford first introduced the 2-door manual hardtop starting at 28k, I was literally jumping for joy. Now with price increases and Base no longer available, the vehicle has turned into something else for a different crowd. It's a bummer.

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't followed Jeep pricing this year, but when I ordered, the lowest trim Wrangler that offered Sasquatch like features was something like $15,000 over my Base Sasquatch.
Like sure but I am comparing apples to apples base to base. Sasquatch is a whole other can of noodles, Ford came out swinging with an option-able enthusiast package that doesn't require you going to a rubicon-like trim, that was up to jeep to respond to or not, a-la opening up competition. Jeep still doesn't offer a comparable option for the sport. Most never need sasquatch or 35's and fancy axles etc., in that case yes the ford is more of a bargain but we're getting into enthusiast weeds where costs start to matter less.

Most normal working people would look at the two and just pick a jeep sport cause they're far cheaper and offer the 'same' topless 4x4 experience.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like sure but I am comparing apples to apples base to base. Sasquatch is a whole other can of noodles, Ford came out swinging with an option-able enthusiast package that doesn't require you going to a rubicon-like trim, that was up to jeep to respond to or not, a-la opening up competition. Jeep still doesn't offer a comparable option for the sport. Most never need sasquatch or 35's and fancy axles etc., in that case yes the ford is more of a bargain but we're getting into enthusiast weeds where costs start to matter less.

Most normal working people would look at the two and just pick a jeep sport cause they're far cheaper and offer the 'same' topless 4x4 experience.
Agreed, if you are using a Wrangler/Bronco as a Miatta, the budget vehicle would now be the Wrangler.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does a 2.3L EcoBoost Automatic have the same large cross-members as the 2.7L V6? If they do, I would prefer the V6 Auto for its' power, but if they don't have those cross-members I would prefer the 2.3L Auto for the trail clearance. As it is I'm a manual, so not low hanging tranny cross members on me.

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't priced Broncos lately, but when Ford first introduced the 2-door manual hardtop starting at 28k, I was literally jumping for joy. Now with price increases and Base no longer available, the vehicle has turned into something else for a different crowd. It's a bummer.
SAME

I have always viewed the mustang and bronco as parity vehicles and it made tons of sense to me for them to be around the same cost with no options or trims. I love my bronco because it is what it is, it isn't a g-wagon and never will be. These are simple no-frills vehicles with some awful compromises (mpg, road noise, safety, etc) and good platforms to build upon, luxing them out just doesn't make sense to me but let people with money burn it if they like idc.

I think ford views them with rose colored glasses more than they should and it could lead to killing the platform for it becomming unobtainable and not any better than the jeep in the eyes of most folks.
Sponsored