Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happy for you but that is just wrong.
I don’t disagree. However, I had a day 1 hour 1 reservation that I walked away from because the dealer was shady, and I was like whatever I’ll just get one later. I was gonna settle for a gladiator, even though I wasn’t in love. So lucking out because my new dealer had allocation, and receiving a quick build, I think it was the universes way (or whatever you believe in) of correcting course and seeing to it that I got what I originally wanted.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering they have roughly 25000 of them to build before MY 23’ changeover it’s a real possibility. The take rate was somewhere near 18% on the 2 dr.
This is the first I've seen any numbers on 2dr versions still waiting to be built. Where did you get this number from? Any idea how many 4dr versions are still waiting?

Not sure what to make about what the OP was told. I haven't heard anything from my dealer... although I haven't asked either. I didn't order until earlier this month so I'm realistically expecting a MY23.

I just hope:
1. Whoever hasn't received their Bronco by the time they start MY23 doesn't get abandoned like early res folks did.
2. We get price protected to MY22 prices.

Last edited:

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I order my Outer Banks 2 Door on February 28,2022 with LUX Package with leather and V6 from my local dealer in Virginia . When I put my deposit down with the dealer I received the purchase number with no date and I was good with that. Yesterday I received a call from the salesperson stating that my Bronco would not be built this year because Ford was maxed out on orders for 2 door models even though my order was placed prior to the March 8, 2022 deadline. His offer was to give my deposit back and cancel or sit and wait until ford start taking orders for 2023 . Has anyone received this type of feed back.
I'm not saying he's lying, but I would call Ford and try and verify that. The fact that he mentioned canceling your order sounds suspicious to me.

Deleted member 32220

Didn't think that you could order before January '21.
Sorry I reserved mine on 10/30/20
I ordered it the first day order banks were opened in January 21, and then again the first day to convert to a 22’

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I took delivery of my two door BL two weeks ago, while talking with my sales rep she commented how fortunate I was for getting a two door built. She then showed me a print out from Ford stating two doors would experience a 17% build rate. The OP statement jives with what I was shown.

Deleted member 32220

I'm not saying he's lying, but I would call Ford and try and verify that. The fact that he mentioned canceling your order sounds suspicious to me.
There must be something to it considering the 22.5 price increases on the 2 door black diamond and the badlands were the steepest. 1495.00 on BD 1995.00 on BL. Supply and demand. Off the top of my head if i remember correctly, it was only a week ago or so. It was only 300.00 from 21’ to 22’ or 875.00 if you kept the modular bumper

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I placed an order for a 2 door just before the order cutoff this month. I havent heard anything regarding delays from my dealer but I also dont have expectations of when it will be built/delivered.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s exciting, happy for you! I think once we all have ours, the wait will be moot in hindsight.
Absolutely correct.

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 doors are definitely rare... I picked mine up on December 1st... still have yet to see another 2 door out in the wild. Still can't stop for gas without someone coming up to talk to me about it.

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like some Cavalier Ford BS to me.
Agree it sounds weird. There are 25 two doors for 2022 at that dealership, 4 have VIN’s. One is scheduled for the end of April, one has a chip hold, and two are shipping. That leaves 21 two doors left to be built for this year. I generally don’t see a majority of dealer orders being two door versions so I would be surprised if any of the 21 here got pushed to 2023

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way less 2D were ordered initially, then folks started switching 2D orders to 4D orders because of the Webasto fiasco.........then even more got tired of waiting and switched from 2D to 4D just to get a bronco sooner. To this day, I've only seen three 2D on the road and two of them were FE. Probably saw close to a dozen demos sitting on lots back during the summer lol.
This was me. I switched from 2D to 4d on January 17th. My order was pulled on January 20th. I am now driving a Bronco and couldn’t be happier.

TailGunner

Badlands
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I order my Outer Banks 2 Door on February 28,2022 with LUX Package with leather and V6 from my local dealer in Virginia . When I put my deposit down with the dealer I received the purchase number with no date and I was good with that. Yesterday I received a call from the salesperson stating that my Bronco would not be built this year because Ford was maxed out on orders for 2 door models even though my order was placed prior to the March 8, 2022 deadline. His offer was to give my deposit back and cancel or sit and wait until ford start taking orders for 2023 . Has anyone received this type of feed back.
first I am hearing of this...I placed my order 2/1 for 2 dr BL with 2.7. Course, I believe every word of it and actually wouldn't mind a peak at the MY23 options (white top).

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An allocation has nothing to do with door count though.

Yeah, but this is a "my dealer said" thread, so anything goes , as there is no limit to the nonsense that "dealers" can and will generate.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah, I believe that especially when I go outside and see my 2DR bronco! I think it's about time someone says it, the 2DR is the real bronco. Sorry just no way around it! lol

Ford Bronco Ford delaying 2 door models as per Dealer Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 1.30.12 PM
Ford Bronco Ford delaying 2 door models as per Dealer IMG_0854
Sponsored