Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Reads like another exit post.
Well I didn't sell. I traded. They have Ford dealers in their network so whoever buys it can deal with warranty if they have issues. Who knows it may never have another. Not like Ford dealers haven't already seen their fair share of Bronco issues. And pretty hard to disclose what I can't show or replicate. Not like I punched a hole in the oil pan and did a temporary patch to hide it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This read like an exit post. Just saying.
Then you didn't read the whole post. I'm not going anywhere. And fully intend to revist the Bronco in the future. But you read things like you want. You already did anyway.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I did. What's so unbelievable? So in your eyes I just have just stuck with the Bronco and hoped for the best. Is that what your saying?? I didn't even mention what I traded for in MY OP. Didn't feel the need. Someone asked so I answred. Sorry it doesn't get your seal of approval. I'll be sure to check with you on my next purchase.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you traded a Bronco for a subaru, it's time to move on for good. lolz

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's really hard to stay with a vehical you cant depend on, especially when it's your daily driver. I'm in the same position. I cannot afford to get stranded. Smart move.

Thankfully my 22 has never let me down, but I don't fully trust it. I think they went too dependent on electrical/computer instead of mechanical solutions, and that's not a Ford strong point, at least not yet. If i didn't have a previous Bronco, I probably would of gotten a 4 runner. I do absolutely love my bronco and am forever grateful it hasn't needed to go back in for work(except the light switch, still need that to get fixed)

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My son is looking at a similar Outback. My wife has a 2018 Outback with the 6 cyl engine and it's very nice. Great on the road and decent off road capability as long as you avoid the hard core stuff. You can get skid plates, bigger tires and even a rear locker if you really want to push it off road. Wife's 18 has been very reliable the only issue we recently had was the drivers window switch. Replaced the switch myself for $250. I'm not fond of the CVT and have paid for servicing the fluid even though it's not required by Subaru.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two things that drive me nuts on the Subies,

1 - the gas cap on the wrong side.
2 - the god-awful CVT

The 100,000 mile maintenance is also very expensive.

Keep the BB order, it might get built.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the problems with your Bronco, that’s frustrating. Im waiting to get mine and will be leaving a 15 year old Mazda that has been very reliable. The Bronco will be my first American car since 1993. I left American autos behind after an ‘89 Chevy S10 that was a total pos. You did the right thing, nobody needs the stress of an unreliable vehicle.

Subaru is a great choice. We have a 2019 Forester and it does great in the snow, very comfortable, has excellent luxury options for the price and, most importantly, it gets us where we need to go and hasn’t had any major problems to date.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wasn't aware this version of the Outback was a thing. I think it looks cool. The FA24 is a good motor. Factory wheels suit it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got $2k over what I paid for the Bronco. Ford dealers were the one's lowballing me.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never understood the Subie thing, but you made the call you felt was right; it's your call.

You do need to exit, though, because nobody... absolutely nobody posted anything on this forum without owning a Bronco... ever! ;)

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn't aware this version of the Outback was a thing. I think it looks cool. The FA24 is a good motor. Factory wheels suit it.
Yeah I think they started doing the Wilderness last year. They have a Forester Wilderness and next year Crosstrek is getting a Wilderness. 1" higher suspension, different gearing, front skid plate, reinforced roof rack and a few other things. The color I got, geyser blue, is exclusive to the Wilderness line.
Sponsored