Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
My homework has pointed me to the ICON tire rod ends. Going to replace them ASAP on the Badlands. Have others found anything better?
Sponsored

BadBrnco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed them on my Badlands with BFG 35”s. Great so far.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed them on my Badlands with BFG 35”s. Great so far.
How was the installation? Did you need an alignment after? Just plug and play with factory rack?

Sponsored
OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I have the 33's so it sounds like these will be good. Friend of mine has a shop and can get them. Will take back to dealer for a front end, just to make sure. Dealer told me this will not change the warranty. Want all this done before I get the Ziebart put on. Thanks for your help.

Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 33's so it sounds like these will be good. Friend of mine has a shop and can get them. Will take back to dealer for a front end, just to make sure. Dealer told me this will not change the warranty. Want all this done before I get the Ziebart put on. Thanks for your help.
your steering rack would still be covered under warranty after upgrading to stronger ICON tie rods?

BadBrnco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was the installation? Did you need an alignment after? Just plug and play with factory rack?
They are plug and play with the factory rack. But be aware that they are stamped incorrectly from Icon (at least the set that I had). So that the tie rod marked with an L is actually passenger and the tie rod with an R is driver. You’ll need an alignment after installing.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you just ask if you need an alignment after changing the tie rods?

If you want your tires to point the right direction you do...

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My homework has pointed me to the ICON tire rod ends. Going to replace them ASAP on the Badlands. Have others found anything better?
FYI it’s not a tie rod end, it’s a complete tie rod kit and It’s a good upgrade. Also get the $50 Rough Country steering rack bushing. I also carry a $15 spare Ranger tie rod just in case. You can get it all for less than the silly BroncBuster tie rod block that so many fell for lol.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you just ask if you need an alignment after changing the tie rods?

If you want your tires to point the right direction you do...
My question’s wording didn’t really reflect what I was thinking. Should have read more like “how bad was the alignment” as in was the vehicle drivable. I’m just tying to figure out how closely they were in length to the factory tie rods. Like if I spin off the factory rod at 5 spins, will the Icon rod thread on with 5 and be pretty close, thus the “plug and play” part of my question. I do realize my question was worded stupidly.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My question’s wording didn’t really reflect what I was thinking. Should have read more like “how bad was the alignment” as in was the vehicle drivable. I’m just tying to figure out how closely they were in length to the factory tie rods. Like if I spin off the factory rod at 5 spins, will the Icon rod thread on with 5 and be pretty close, thus the “plug and play” part of my question. I do realize my question was worded stupidly.
That’ll depend on how good a job you do measuring your old ones and adjusting the new ones to match. Would measure total length from mating surface at the inner end (not including the threaded stub that goes into the end of the rack unless they’re the same) to the center of the outer joint

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did mine then drove 30 miles to my dealership to get it aligned. You don't have to loosen the stock tie rods jamb nuts to get them off, just put them next to each other and try to get them as close to the same length as possible before you put the new ones on. Wasn't that bad.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the Icon tie rods and adjusted them to the OEM dimensions...I disconnected the OEM tie rod end from the spindle and then measured from the steering rack housing out to the center of the tie rod end prior to removing. Removed the OEMs, popped in the Icons, adjusted the Icons to the measured dimension and reconnected to the spindle. I'll still be getting an alignment but this should be more than close enough to get you to the alignment shop.

Last edited:

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I like the FabTech Heim Joint tie rods. I have been running mine for 1.5 years on numerous excursions with no issue. Not only is the tie rod MUCH stronger than stock, it changes how the tie rod connects to the knuckle. I think they are better than Icon but they are also twice the price. I got them first thing before Icon had theirs out.
Sponsored