John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The windshield cover is heavier Guage metal. It's for tree strike, rock strike or whatever the terrain leans you into. If you've ever seen the after effects of te "A" pillar hitting stuff. You would see the since in this.
FYI, a bad enough hit on the "A" post is structural damage that can be considered a total. Repairing this area is tricky as it is roll protection.
The visor is made of 11 gauge steel, with two <30̊ bends in it. While I won't argue that it isn't any protection, it isn't much, and if it's a hard enough hit to cause severe damage to the A-Pillar, it's gonna go right through that thing.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Copy. I don't know enough about that one to speak Intelligently on it. However that is the utilitarian reason for it.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Copy. I don't know enough about that one to speak Intelligently on it. However that is the utilitarian reason for it.
Yup, agreed that if it were at least 3/16 plate with some ribbing, it would add significant protection to that area.

Fab Fours doesn't advertise it as A Pillar protection, so I guess I'll let them off the hook for that, And despite the fact that they make some pretty ugly stuff in the ViCowl, and Grumper Bumpers, They do still make some good looking stuff that works well as well, I'm running their front Stubby Bumper and Front Skid plate, and got no complaints about them.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the result of being dropped on your head as a baby? Or is this a good reason to "Just say no to drugs".

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That poor Braptor. I feel bad for it.

IMG_7653.jpeg

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why would anyone do that to a poor defenseless Braptor???!!!???

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two words… Bro…Dozer

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

The windshield cover is heavier Guage metal. It's for tree strike, rock strike or whatever the terrain leans you into. If you've ever seen the after effects of te "A" pillar hitting stuff. You would see the since in this.
FYI, a bad enough hit on the "A" post is structural damage that can be considered a total. Repairing this area is tricky as it is roll protection.
So if the tree in the mall landscape ever falls over, then this eyesore might have a use.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not that bad; it could be scowling at you with one of those goofy angular grills. If the bumper wasn't matched to the body paint color, I think that would help, but nobodies complaining about the fenders. I would expect to see something like this in a strip or breastaurant parking lot (DFW got lots of both), which isn't my gig.

Would definitely not roll it myself (much more subdued dude style-wise), but can recall a handful of people I've known over the years would appreciate it.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Fab4 and another vendor make those. They are popular in the jeep areas.
Dang...I remember a time way back when where I really wanted a Fab4 bumper on our old JK. Then they started making all the grumper and Mad Max gear and lost me.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang...I remember a time way back when where I really wanted a Fab4 bumper on our old JK. Then they started making all the grumper and Mad Max gear and lost me.
Fab Four still makes some nice armour. It just seems they added the "face" line to their setup, along with the Mad Max line :p I mean some people like it. It's not my cup of tea, but hey they obviously sell it enough to keep making it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands