First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure this was talked about before but in my search, I couldn’t come up with a good answer.
I have been so pumped to get my lift and put 37’s on my Badlands w/ Sasquatch. Mind was made up. But now that I have my lift on the way (3” icon), ordered the max tire clearance kit, tailgate reinforcement,….I’m wondering about functionality. I don’t go off-road much. Mainly during hunting season. But I want it to be functional without having to worry about rubbing or tearing anything up.
Some pictures I see with 37’s look so stuffed and people swear that there is zero rub lol. And some I see look great. And with 35’s, some look strange with such a small tire, while others look really good with 3” lift and 35’s. It’s all just really confusing to me and now I’m stuck not knowing what to order.
Will I be happy with the 37’s or will it be a hassle when off-roading with a lot of rubbing?
Has anyone lifted 3” and put 35’s instead of going bigger? If so, could I get some pictures posted please?
I could use all the help I can get with making a decision. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure this was talked about before but in my search, I couldn’t come up with a good answer.
I have been so pumped to get my lift and put 37’s on my Badlands w/ Sasquatch. Mind was made up. But now that I have my lift on the way (3” icon), ordered the max tire clearance kit, tailgate reinforcement,….I’m wondering about functionality. I don’t go off-road much. Mainly during hunting season. But I want it to be functional without having to worry about rubbing or tearing anything up.
Some pictures I see with 37’s look so stuffed and people swear that there is zero rub lol. And some I see look great. And with 35’s, some look strange with such a small tire, while others look really good with 3” lift and 35’s. It’s all just really confusing to me and now I’m stuck not knowing what to order.
Will I be happy with the 37’s or will it be a hassle when off-roading with a lot of rubbing?
Has anyone lifted 3” and put 35’s instead of going bigger? If so, could I get some pictures posted please?
I could use all the help I can get with making a decision. Thanks in advance
37s w/ proper wheel offset will function fine on a 3" lift although the bigger tire will put more strain on the drivetrain and fuel mileage will most likely take a hit.

OP
OP

23OxWht

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37s w/ proper wheel offset will function fine on a 3" lift although the bigger tire will put more strain on the drivetrain and fuel mileage will most likely take a hit.
So I’m assuming an offset of 0 will be okay since that’s what I have seen most people go with. Right? And just for clarification, I am aware that you could get the 37’s in there with not much problem. When I mention functionality, I’m referring to going off-road, and also full lock on a flat surface with no issues forward or reverse.. Like I don’t want to have rubbing if I go over a curb at the mall either hahaha.
Yeah I’m prepared for the fuel mileage. I am going in to this knowing I will take a hit there. As far as drivetrain, steering, etc, Those types of mods will be the very next thing I do.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t go off-road much... I want it to be functional without having to worry about rubbing or tearing anything up.
What is compelling (or even influencing) you to consider a 3" lift and 37" tires given what you stated? No matter how well designed the lift is and, yes, even how "functional" it may be it's a certainty that you are looking at more wear and tear on the vehicle, reduced braking performance, reduced fuel economy, possible denied warranty claims.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m assuming an offset of 0 will be okay since that’s what I have seen most people go with. Right? And just for clarification, I am aware that you could get the 37’s in there with not much problem. When I mention functionality, I’m referring to going off-road, and also full lock on a flat surface with no issues forward or reverse.. Like I don’t want to have rubbing if I go over a curb at the mall either hahaha.
Yeah I’m prepared for the fuel mileage. I am going in to this knowing I will take a hit there. As far as drivetrain, steering, etc, Those types of mods will be the very next thing I do.
Crash bars removed, 0" offset wheel w/ a max 12.5" wide tire you should be good to go to the woods and the mall no issues.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With 37s, you need to do more work yet still.

I’m running Icon coilovers for 37s and also had to trim rock sliders, rear wheel well liner, adjust bump stops and a few other small things you didn’t list.

It’s a trial and error based on which exact tires you go with.

OP
OP

23OxWht

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crash bars removed, 0" offset wheel w/ a max 12.5" wide tire you should be good to go to the woods and the mall no issues.
Thank you. That’s the kind of motivation I was looking for. Haha. As long as my everyday driving and occasional off-roading is okay, I’m good with sticking with the 37’s

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been debating this same thing, I’m sticking with 35’s it’s just too much performance loss for me (braking, MPG, components, etc.) that and being I won’t likely be wheeling in anything that requires the extra clearance it just doesn’t make sense for my use. They do look good though.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, I stood next to a new Braptor on the showroom floor the other day ... that stance and 37's is .... addictive. :ROFLMAO:

What really trips me out is .....

And with 35’s, some look strange with such a small tire,
Like, what the actual fuck, over???
35's are small these days?
Literally, just a few years ago it rocked the world when factory 35's were announced for the Bronco.
Even with the MASSIVE F250 Tremors, people were PUMPED to get a factory 35.

Funny how perspective changes.
Which company will offer factory 40's next? ... and on what vehicle?

(and then we'll want 42's, LOL)

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I started out with a 2.5" RC lift. When I upgraded to the 4WP/ProComp shocks I took the RC lift out and went minimum setting on the shocks, and that ended up being a 3" lift. Or... at least, it was 0.5" over what I had with the RC kit once I got the shocks dialed down to their minimum setting.

I'm running 35x12.5r17's -- two pics, a bit different lighting on them since I have this amazing high contrast color pallet thing going on.

I've contemplated running 37's the next time I get tires - but with my Big Bend HOSS 1 steering rack and m190 front diff/axles I'd probably want to upgrade all of that before I made the jump, or really risk breaking something.

Ford Bronco Functionality - 35’s or 37’s lift1

Ford Bronco Functionality - 35’s or 37’s lift2

For what it's worth, that extra 0.5" of lift also tanked my MPG by 0.5 MPG. Not that I care, but some people do, and there's a good data point on what a lift will do for your mileage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been debating this same thing, I’m sticking with 35’s it’s just too much performance loss for me (braking, MPG, components, etc.) that and being I won’t likely be wheeling in anything that requires the extra clearance it just doesn’t make sense for my use. They do look good though.
I thought the same thing - but last weekend when I was out and in mud up over the axles and trying to clear over downed trees, I thought - you know, 37's sound pretty good about now. And just looking at them on paper, they don't really weigh any more (at least the couple brands that I looked at).

But the amount of work I'd "need" (want) to put in around them makes them pretty pricey. And I don't think my 35's look bad. If my new shocks would let me I'd not have it up so high, but I'm at the minimum on the rear's right now, so it sets where it sets.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Meanwhile I'm on 33s and do a ton of overlanding.

I see this question all the time. I want 37s but go "off-road" a few days a year.

Aka a dirt road that I've seen Toyota Corllas go down

People get stuck on the never ending gotta go bigger game.

My last Jeep was on 37s but I did low speed rock crawling in it. A lot of guys were moving to 40s, but doing it right is a serious investment. D60 front, D80 rear.

End of the day, anyone who is not a serious offroader would have more than a capable rig with just the stock Black Diamond on 32s.

Last edited:

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, be nice. You don’t need to get nutty.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wife said she wants another 2” ! 😂

so going to 37’s as soon as my piggy bank recovers a bit.

Truth be told our friends we wheel with just put 37’s on their Gladiator. Wifeys having a lil competition gets me better stuff lol.
Sponsored