First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all, new member here and wanted to get some opinions. I’ve been watching the bronco pricing for the past couple months but, I’m not as well versed in it as many of you are. I’m about to pull the trigger on a 24 badlands Sasquatch. This one in particular is a FCTP vehicle and has about 1200 miles. Dealer is discounting it approximately 5k under MSRP and I’m also getting back $1000 because of the jeep conquest cash. Out the door for $64,500. Closest price I got in comparison of calling several other dealers was $67,800. A couple were over $70 out the door. What do you guys think about that? Sound decent or are there better deals to be had?

thanks for the advice
With an out-the-door price of $64,500, especially when other quotes are as high as $70,000, it seems like you're getting a pretty solid deal.

BTW, show us some pics when you'll get it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the minority here but it sounds like you've done your homework and this one fits what you want. It comes with the extended warranty so that saves you some money. I keep hearing folks say 60K is too much for any Bronco and I spent 90K so what do I know :). If I want to go extreme we just take the Jeep or UTV but the Bronco will go anywhere we normally want to go and the highway driving comfort is so much better than our Jeep. If it fits your budget then go for it.
I appreciate that. I was hoping to find some people that may have just purchased recently and had a good idea of the current market. Of course those that purchased a year or two ago think things are high now. Look at housing, gas, groceries, building materials, list goes on.

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just know as soon as you drive it off you will lose around $15k in value. My 23 lost $15k instantly. Paid $60k for a loaded wild track 2 door (sticker was $66k) . Now KBB tells me I can sell it for $45k. I have lux, tow, hardtop, etc. dealers were contacting me offering me “up to $45k” after the KBB quote. So these have dropped dramatically. I have only 2k miles on mine yet the offers are $20k under sticker. Never seen a cars value drop this much in 40 years of buying cars. Good news for me is I have no desire to sell but if I did… ouch. So just be sure you want to keep this one for many years to come as you’ll lose huge money otherwise.
I plan to drive it for the next 6-7 years probably. I don’t get rid of vehicles fast.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just know as soon as you drive it off you will lose around $15k in value. My 23 lost $15k instantly. Paid $60k for a loaded wild track 2 door (sticker was $66k) . Now KBB tells me I can sell it for $45k. I have lux, tow, hardtop, etc. dealers were contacting me offering me “up to $45k” after the KBB quote. So these have dropped dramatically. I have only 2k miles on mine yet the offers are $20k under sticker. Never seen a cars value drop this much in 40 years of buying cars. Good news for me is I have no desire to sell but if I did… ouch. So just be sure you want to keep this one for many years to come as you’ll lose huge money otherwise.
Agreed, if it were me, the only way I would pay $64k would be if I were going to keep it forever.

In a brief search I found $20k in savings buying a year old and 14k mi... that pays for a lot of upgrades.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-f...ition=13&sourceType=marketplace&zipcode=13090

I found an everglades version for $49k ... that has me sorely tempted, lol.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The market has changed recently whereas in my area last fall dealers still had ADM driving up the cost of used Broncos.
Buying a 2 year old car is the smarter move, but when used prices are that close to MSRP, then the choice to buy new becomes easier.
Ordering a new car was fun. I hadn’t bought a new car since the 80s, but a couple new Harleys because used prices were so high.

Sponsored

B@ndit

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, TJ gone but not forgotten
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan to drive it for the next 6-7 years probably. I don’t get rid of vehicles fast.
That seems fast to me, barely paid off. Kept our TJ since new for 24 years. Hoping this will last as long. Our next longest owned is my track toy at 13 years and going.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you’ve found your Bronco amigo! Go buy it and have fun. Life’s too short sometimes! I bought mine with the intention of daily driving it for a couple of years and then buying a second car to use for the daily commute, likely a used sedan for when I want some boring silence. As long as it doesn’t fall apart or catch fire, I’m going into this Bronco with no intentions of ever replacing it. It is my 4x4 convertible toy, and will likely be buying it twice over the next 20 years. Would be nice to pass it on to my son as a memory of his father someday, so cost really doesn’t matter to me. I never expect to get a penny of it back. I’m 50.

wouldn’t mind if it depreciated 90% the moment I title it either, will help on the personal property tax!!!

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate that. I was hoping to find some people that may have just purchased recently and had a good idea of the current market. Of course those that purchased a year or two ago think things are high now. Look at housing, gas, groceries, building materials, list goes on.
Just bought a '24 Badlands, stretch (4-dr),2.7 lux a bit over a week ago. That's why I said I think you have a pretty good, maybe not great, but pretty good deal.

There are plenty of people that say no bronco is worth over 50k, much less 60k and to them that is true.

But, putting your deal in context, price wise, with the market right now, it's a pretty good deal. I don't believe you're getting taken advantage of, assuming it's in new condition. And as you said, you're getting an extended warranty.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all, new member here and wanted to get some opinions. I’ve been watching the bronco pricing for the past couple months but, I’m not as well versed in it as many of you are. I’m about to pull the trigger on a 24 badlands Sasquatch. This one in particular is a FCTP vehicle and has about 1200 miles. Dealer is discounting it approximately 5k under MSRP and I’m also getting back $1000 because of the jeep conquest cash. Out the door for $64,500. Closest price I got in comparison of calling several other dealers was $67,800. A couple were over $70 out the door. What do you guys think about that? Sound decent or are there better deals to be had?

thanks for the advice
I don't believe you ever mentioned what you even want in a Bronco, or must haves, which may or may not make it difference in regard to the Bronco you're looking at. Someone mentioned spending $60k on a Bronco that didn't even have the Sas package, and they were happy, because it has ever other bell and whistle. When I looked through all the packages above the standard, I don't think I would've got the Lux if it was $1000, that stuff is of no interest to me. On the other hand, I value mechanics (engine/transmission/gearing/lockers/suspension). If I were to purchase one today, I'd look at the Heritage Edition that comes with Sasquatch and the mid-package, then optioned with the auto it's MSRP is $53k/54k, with discounts should be looking at around $50K. Is what you are looking at worth the extra $14K?

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My advice would be to really comb the dealers in what you consider to be a reasonable radius and make the best deal you can.

I currently have a 4dr Wildtrack on order that is stuck waiting for shipment. Told my dealer near me two weeks ago that if it didn't ship the next week I was going to make other arrangements because there are too many on other dealers lots that are starting to get discounted.

Friday I am picking up from a dealer 6.5 hours away a Wildtrak that is nearly exactly what I ordered (minus the block heater which I would have liked, but not a deal breaker). Sticker on that was $68,040.00 the deal I made with the dealer was $64,258.00. This vehicle has 8 miles.

My sense is there is more room to carve out of your deal. In the end your bank is likely to view it as a used car because of the mileage so if it were me I would negotiate it like a used car.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
About 20 years ago I bought ( what at the time was called ) a demo model, but I think it was also used as a loaner with that many miles - but just a guess. It had maybe 500 to 700 miles on it, I don't remember exactly. They knocked off a very reasonable amount, I want to say about 5 thousand, it was a good deal, I took it and never had any issues with it.

But it was treated as a new car sale by all parties involved. I realize it was a while ago and things change but that was what I experienced and I wouldn't worry too much, but I'd want an extended warranty for peace of mind.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I've read on this forum and didn't know about Ford vehicles before, is that the engine needs to be broken in for the first 1000 miles or so. I have no idea if this is true, but I was very careful with it because better safe than sorry.

With that said, if it is true, there is no way people were taking it easy on that Bronco if it was a loaner or more likely used by an employee there.
So if you plan on keeping it long term - it's something to think about.
I have no idea if what I am saying is fact, but it is based on what I've read.
It only has 1.200 miles on it so I’d imagine it couldn’t be trashed.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where I live, we have the North American VW Audi HQ office. Tons of VW corporate cars roaming in my neighborhood that get sold later to the public. I have many friends in VW that use the program, and would have no issue with buying one of their cars. They’re not “gifts”, they have to take care of them within normal course of ownership..

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just bought a '24 Badlands, stretch (4-dr),2.7 lux a bit over a week ago. That's why I said I think you have a pretty good, maybe not great, but pretty good deal.

There are plenty of people that say no bronco is worth over 50k, much less 60k and to them that is true.

But, putting your deal in context, price wise, with the market right now, it's a pretty good deal. I don't believe you're getting taken advantage of, assuming it's in new condition. And as you said, you're getting an extended warranty.
Thanks for the good info here. Appreciate it.
Sponsored