Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good Afternoon,

Id like to start off by saying that i am 100% new to the off road/larger vehicle game. I have had cars my entire life so when it comes to larger tires, spacers and suspension lifts, im extremely inexperienced.

I recently purchased a 2022 Wildtrak with the obvious Sasquatch package and while i like the way it looks stock, there are a few things i am looking to do to make it look different from all of the other Broncos around my area. I am currently waiting on my zone 3 in lift to come in and be installed. I have bara 1.5 in spacers on the way as well. But i dont want to stop there.

Everyone knows the tires sling rocks like crazy and when it comes time to swap them out, i dont want to use the same kind. Ive been around a few Braptors and really like the size of the 37’s. Can i put 37’s on the Bronco with 1.5 in spacers and a 3 in lift with no clearance/rubbing issues? I dont intend on swapping out the wheels as i enjoy the look of the stock beadlocks. Would anyone have any recommendations for a 37 tire that they have had good luck with? Most forums i see dont involve spacers and larger tires. Also, this would be more or less street driven with very minor trail use, no rock crawling. I just want a more aggressive look to stand out a bit. I appreciate it.

Mike
Sponsored

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What Gank is saying is; Spacers, especially spacers that thick, create undue stress on your wheel bearings. Same is true on cars. If you want tires that poke out absurdly far to make sure the rocks you tires throw hit other vehicles work with wheel offset. Like everything what are you willing to compromise on? Reliability or pretty? Defaulting to reliability has done well for me for 50 years on many different vehicles. Like you , I'm new to the off-road thing but sticking within good engineering boundaries is a good practice for anything. Especially things that can kill you if they fail.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gank

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What GAnk is saying is; Spacers, especially safer that thick, create undue stress on your wheel bearings. Same is true on cars. If you want tires that poke out absurdly far to make sure the rocks you tires throw hit other vehicles work with wheel offset. Like everything what are you willing to compromise on? Reliability or pretty? Defaulting to reliability has done well for me for 50 years on many different vehicles. Like you , I'm new to the off-road thing but sticking within good engineering boundaries is a good practice for anything. Especially things that can kill you if they fail.
Lol fair. Ive read a bunch of forum arguments on the trade offs between spacers and wheel bearings. I can understand the slight excess stress to them. But someone made the point changing to a new style wheel with a different offset could do the same thing? And i guess in my head that makes sense. If you change the offset, vis spacer or otherwise, it would change the wear on your bearing. It was something i could live with.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Afternoon,

Id like to start off by saying that i am 100% new to the off road/larger vehicle game. I have had cars my entire life so when it comes to larger tires, spacers and suspension lifts, im extremely inexperienced.

I recently purchased a 2022 Wildtrak with the obvious Sasquatch package and while i like the way it looks stock, there are a few things i am looking to do to make it look different from all of the other Broncos around my area. I am currently waiting on my zone 3 in lift to come in and be installed. I have bara 1.5 in spacers on the way as well. But i dont want to stop there.

Everyone knows the tires sling rocks like crazy and when it comes time to swap them out, i dont want to use the same kind. Ive been around a few Braptors and really like the size of the 37’s. Can i put 37’s on the Bronco with 1.5 in spacers and a 3 in lift with no clearance/rubbing issues? I dont intend on swapping out the wheels as i enjoy the look of the stock beadlocks. Would anyone have any recommendations for a 37 tire that they have had good luck with? Most forums i see dont involve spacers and larger tires. Also, this would be more or less street driven with very minor trail use, no rock crawling. I just want a more aggressive look to stand out a bit. I appreciate it.

Mike
0.75" forged spacers are the sweet spot for sasquatch wheels with 37x12.50's to minimize rubbing, plus less stress on components than most wheel upgrades. Probably only mod needed is to trim the corners of the 4 crash bar mounts with an angle grinder. 1.5" will rub and require more modifications such as jks kit.

Last edited:

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the type of use you’re describing. That setup will be fine for a long time. Not ideal for hard wheeling. But fine for your purpose. Someone in my group has been running that exact setup with 37’s for a year with 0 issues. Lot of haters on spacers and I get their reasoning. But you’re fine for your stated use case.
Start wheeling hard though, different story.
But yeah, 1.25” wheel spacers will clear it

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you hate your wheel bearings?
What's wrong with a 1.5" spacer on a Sasquatch wheel?

OP, your wheel set-up would be equivalent to a 00 offset wheel. Plenty of people here actually wheeling on 00 offset wheels without concern for wheel bearings. Follow the install instructions and things will be fine.

And while I am not a fan of the spacer lift the extra 3" will more than clear the 37's.

As far as which tire, that's the same as asking which oil is the best? You are bound to get 10 pages of varying opinions and justifications. That said, I like my Cooper SST pros but those are fairly aggressive for daily driving and mild wheeling. Have a look at the Nitto Recons, they are a good blend of both on and off-road performance without being overly aggressive or loud on the highway.

OP
OP

Gank

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
0.75" forged spacers are the sweet spot for sasquatch wheels with 37's to minimize rubbing, plus less stress on components than most wheel upgrades. Probably only mod needed is to trim the corners of the 4 crash bar mounts with an angle grinder. 1.5" will rub and require more modifications such as jks kit.
Noice. I appreciate the reply. I was thinking about doing the jks max wheel kit but wasnt sure if it was really needed or not. I will probably do both (get the .75 spacers and jks kit) later before i put 37’s on. Im just trying to make sure that i kind of go step by step and buy as few useless things as possible for the end goal. If a 3 in lift and 1.5 spacers negated the jks kit because it cleared, i wouldnt worry about it. The wife bought me the 1.5 spacers for christmas and i kind of like the look of them from some of the forum posts ive seen.

OP
OP

Gank

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's wrong with a 1.5" spacer on a Sasquatch wheel?

OP, your wheel set-up would be equivalent to a 00 offset wheel. Plenty of people here actually wheeling on 00 offset wheels without concern for wheel bearings. Follow the install instructions and things will be fine.

And while I am not a fan of the spacer lift the extra 3" will more than clear the 37's.

As far as which tire, that's the same as asking which oil is the best? You are bound to get 10 pages of varying opinions and justifications. That said, I like my Cooper SST pros but those are fairly aggressive for daily driving and mild wheeling. Have a look at the Nitto Recons, they are a good blend of both on and off-road performance without being overly aggressive or loud on the highway.
Perfect. I appreciate it. A lot of people say nittos are nice. Lol i figured tires were opinion based, but give my limited knowledge on big boy tires, i figured id ask. Ill give the recons a look. I appreciate it

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gank

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the type of use you’re describing. That setup will be fine for a long time. Not ideal for hard wheeling. But fine for your purpose. Someone in my group has been running that exact setup with 37’s for a year with 0 issues. Lot of haters on spacers and I get their reasoning. But you’re fine for your stated use case.
Start wheeling hard though, different story.
But yeah, 1.25” wheel spacers will clear it
Thank you very much for the insight. I def dont plan on hard wheeling. I dont trust myself enough not to destroy my ride lol.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recommend Nitto tires also

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I personally have the toyo open country at3 for almost a year now with 1+ offset 20inch wheels and have not had any issues with rock sling on my bronco. With a zone 2" lift. No wheel spacers.