Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello All,

I have been waiting for a truck to come on the scene for over a year. I had high hopes for the Defender, but that was a huge let down. I had a Sahara in the 90's, but Im not really into todays Jeep. Then I saw this and knew it was the one. I reserved a 2 door OBANKS model. Is it correct to assume that the reveal 2 door in the video, and the one most often pictured, is running the Sasquatch package? If so, I definitely like the look but was wondering on what the actual drivability on roads and in snow would be? I will do some off roading but that will probably 25% or less. Would the look change drastically with a smaller tire? Lots of time to think about these things.

X-
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Without Sasquatch it's going to look drastically different. The base outer banks comes with 255/70 all terrain tires on an 18in wheel and without the HOSS suspension.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MTs on the 'Squatch package will likely be louder than All-Terrains on road, as is typical of MTs vs ATs. They certainly look great and make the vehicle look purpose-built for off-roading. Since I also will be spending most of the time on the road I figured I probably won't make much use of 35" MTs on the Sasquatch package.

OP
OP
Xploit

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The MTs on the 'Squatch package will likely be louder than All-Terrains on road, as is typical of MTs vs ATs. They certainly look great and make the vehicle look purpose-built for off-roading. Since I also will be spending most of the time on the road I figured I probably won't make much use of 35" MTs on the Sasquatch package.

But I still want them! Do people use them on the road? Do they make the drive uncomfortable? IS it marginal or is it a big price (comfort, handling and fuel economy) to pay for looks?

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But I still want them! Do people use them on the road? Do they make the drive uncomfortable? IS it marginal or is it a big price (comfort, handling and fuel economy) to pay for looks?
I'll leave real-life experiences to people who've driven in them to chime in! I've definitely seen plenty of trucks in big MTs around the greater Denver area.

Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my personal experience with MTs is limited to friends who had them on Jeeps. They're LOUD. I mean a noticeable hum even at city speeds, and on the highway you're struggling to have a conversation around 60mph. When I've driven them alone, it's no problem. I don't mind the hum. When I'm with friends trying to talk, it was a bit of a nuisance. I definitely understand the aesthetic though. I LOVE the way MTs look...I just know I don't need them 99%, if not 100%, of the time. ATs are pretty darn capable short of extremes. That being said, it leads me to a question of my own...

Does anyone know specifically what tire will end up on those who select the AT 33" LT285/70R17? All terrains can vary their looks dramatically...some nearly as aesthetically pleasing as an MT (...almost) and others that look like they may as well be regular all-season road tires.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So my personal experience with MTs is limited to friends who had them on Jeeps. They're LOUD. I mean a noticeable hum even at city speeds, and on the highway you're struggling to have a conversation around 60mph. When I've driven them alone, it's no problem. I don't mind the hum. When I'm with friends trying to talk, it was a bit of a nuisance. I definitely understand the aesthetic though. I LOVE the way MTs look...I just know I don't need them 99%, if not 100%, of the time. ATs are pretty darn capable short of extremes. That being said, it leads me to a question of my own...

Does anyone know specifically what tire will end up on those who select the AT 33" LT285/70R17? All terrains can vary their looks dramatically...some nearly as aesthetically pleasing as an MT (...almost) and others that look like they may as well be regular all-season road tires.
BFG TA KO2 per the info thread images:

2021-bronco-2dr-4dr-prelim-tech-specs_page_2-jpg.jpg

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BFG TA KO2 per the info thread images:
Awesome, not sure how I missed that! Those are some solid looking ATs, so that solidifies my choice. Thanks!

Deleted member 16780

The 35" and Squatch is too much off-road for my needs, but the 32" standards, IMO, don't look good. I'm going to switch out to Toyo AT III Open Country's on either the BD or BB/manual if I can ever make up my mind, or my dealer finally re-contacts me LOL. They have great reviews for noise, stoppage/squirm, longevity (35" MT's on road will be ate-up too quickly for me), and have a more aggressive pattern/sidewall.
Sponsored