Sponsored

What to know before buying Trektop for 2-door?

z4nder

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335is 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've owned my 2-door Outer Banks since December and love the hard top and the ease of removing the front panels. Now that it has been warmer, I've been frequently removing the front panels and throwing them in the back with the seats folded down. I've yet to remove the rear shell as I haven't figured out storage for it as of yet. I really like the functionality of the Trektop and all the configurations it offers. Plus I think it looks great on a 2-door! I do have some concerns if they matter or not. I'd love to hear from Trektop owners before pulling the trigger on one.

Does anyone leave it on year around? or put their hardtop back on during the winter? I'm not too concerned about insulation or being "cold" as Tennessee winters aren't too bad. Plus the heated seats help.

If kept on year around, what would be the longevity of the top lasting through the seasons? Currently, it would not be garage kept and be exposed to the UV rays and seasonal elements.

What about cleaning? I'd expect cleaning the top would be a little more extensive compared to the hardtop. I do live in TN and been battling the pollen coating the vehicle everyday lol and was curious how pollen will affect the soft top.

What is the difference between the black diamond and premium black twill? Is the premium black twill worth it?

Not really a concern, but how is the wind noise compared to the carpeted hardtop?

Is there anything else I should consider before purchasing?
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mines on year round. I live in FL. It’s garage kept. Cleaning is easy. Noise doesn’t bother me. Stored my HT on anterior end in corner of garage. I’ll never use my HT again - the top is that good. Buy the twill.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out the Havoc from Realtruck for half the price.
Ford Bronco What to know before buying Trektop for 2-door? IMG_9739
Looks like a great product at a great price. I hope they eventually will offer the twill fabric top.
I would pay a few hundred more for it.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've owned my 2-door Outer Banks since December and love the hard top and the ease of removing the front panels. Now that it has been warmer, I've been frequently removing the front panels and throwing them in the back with the seats folded down. I've yet to remove the rear shell as I haven't figured out storage for it as of yet. I really like the functionality of the Trektop and all the configurations it offers. Plus I think it looks great on a 2-door! I do have some concerns if they matter or not. I'd love to hear from Trektop owners before pulling the trigger on one.

Does anyone leave it on year around? or put their hardtop back on during the winter? I'm not too concerned about insulation or being "cold" as Tennessee winters aren't too bad. Plus the heated seats help.

If kept on year around, what would be the longevity of the top lasting through the seasons? Currently, it would not be garage kept and be exposed to the UV rays and seasonal elements.

What about cleaning? I'd expect cleaning the top would be a little more extensive compared to the hardtop. I do live in TN and been battling the pollen coating the vehicle everyday lol and was curious how pollen will affect the soft top.

What is the difference between the black diamond and premium black twill? Is the premium black twill worth it?

Not really a concern, but how is the wind noise compared to the carpeted hardtop?

Is there anything else I should consider before purchasing?
The Black Diamond is vinyl while the twill is cloth, having convertibles in the past vinyl cleans up allot easier but twill will last longer and is more premium. When I was still living in Tennessee it was always just cold enough in the winter that I put my hardtop on but the soft-top was folded up underneath so it still got the effects of being in the cold but without the wet/sun/etc so you'd have that. Someone should be along soon that has the Bestop, when I was waiting around for the mod top to show up I thought long and hard about just getting a soft-top instead for the two door and calling it a day!

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a great product at a great price. I hope they eventually will offer the twill fabric top.
I would pay a few hundred more for it.
It is twill, not vinyl. Next is for me to spray on some 303 Fabric protectant.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you’re still waiting for a Bestop owner in this thread. I just installed one on my Bronco two weeks ago so I cannot answer all of your questions but can answer a few.

I have a 2 door with the 2.7 and Sasquatch and the top had the sound dampening headliner then I installed the top with the premium twill.

Overall, I’m really happy with it. The advice to install it during warm weather (letting the windows lay out in the sun) is no joke. That makes it WAY easier to install the first time.

I have not washed it yet or protected it or any of that stuff but it’s easy to throw back (I had to mess with the hinge pins a bit to loosen them and make it easier).

When I had the hard top with the headliner, I couldn’t really hear outside but now I can sit in the truck and hear the birds chirping. It’s barely more noise protection than going topless.

I park mine outside and have not had any water leakage. I have a neighbor who also has one parked outside (and it’s been there for a few years) and it still looks great (also premium twill).

I drive my Bronco only during the summer, it’s a beach cruiser for me so the soft top is a total game changer and I’d highly recommend it to anyone in a warm climate or who also only summer drives theirs.

OP
OP
z4nder

z4nder

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mines on year round. I live in FL. It’s garage kept. Cleaning is easy. Noise doesn’t bother me. Stored my HT on anterior end in corner of garage. I’ll never use my HT again - the top is that good. Buy the twill.
That's good to hear. I have no doubt the top is great and definitely interested in the premium twill.

OP
OP
z4nder

z4nder

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Black Diamond is vinyl while the twill is cloth, having convertibles in the past vinyl cleans up allot easier but twill will last longer and is more premium. When I was still living in Tennessee it was always just cold enough in the winter that I put my hardtop on but the soft-top was folded up underneath so it still got the effects of being in the cold but without the wet/sun/etc so you'd have that. Someone should be along soon that has the Bestop, when I was waiting around for the mod top to show up I thought long and hard about just getting a soft-top instead for the two door and calling it a day!
Thanks for the input! I saw they were on back order the other day and now they're in stock so I ended up ordering the premium twill as you and others have mentioned it should last longer. I figured if I were to go year around with the soft top, that the twill option should be a no brainer.

OP
OP
z4nder

z4nder

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like you’re still waiting for a Bestop owner in this thread. I just installed one on my Bronco two weeks ago so I cannot answer all of your questions but can answer a few.

I have a 2 door with the 2.7 and Sasquatch and the top had the sound dampening headliner then I installed the top with the premium twill.

Overall, I’m really happy with it. The advice to install it during warm weather (letting the windows lay out in the sun) is no joke. That makes it WAY easier to install the first time.

I have not washed it yet or protected it or any of that stuff but it’s easy to throw back (I had to mess with the hinge pins a bit to loosen them and make it easier).

When I had the hard top with the headliner, I couldn’t really hear outside but now I can sit in the truck and hear the birds chirping. It’s barely more noise protection than going topless.

I park mine outside and have not had any water leakage. I have a neighbor who also has one parked outside (and it’s been there for a few years) and it still looks great (also premium twill).

I drive my Bronco only during the summer, it’s a beach cruiser for me so the soft top is a total game changer and I’d highly recommend it to anyone in a warm climate or who also only summer drives theirs.
Thank you for the reply! I ended up ordering the premium twill since they just got some back in stock. I figured if I want one I'd better jump on it before being on back order again. It has been getting pretty warm here, so I think it would prefect time to install and enjoy it through Fall. I figured I would experience more noise, but I'm not too concerned as I usually have music going anyways. On my way to work I actually saw my first 2-door with one, but not sure on which material and I gotta say I loved the look!

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the reply! I ended up ordering the premium twill since they just got some back in stock. I figured if I want one I'd better jump on it before being on back order again. It has been getting pretty warm here, so I think it would prefect time to install and enjoy it through Fall. I figured I would experience more noise, but I'm not too concerned as I usually have music going anyways. On my way to work I actually saw my first 2-door with one, but not sure on which material and I gotta say I loved the look!
They sure do! You made the right move, you’re going to love it!

Don’t worry any more about it! You’re going to get it on the truck and never think again about that hard top-shaped coffee table you get for free with every bestop purchase lol
Sponsored