Sponsored

Weird block heater/window issue, anyone else?

AKav23

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So last fall I popped my hood to locate my block heater cord, had to root around a few minutes, found it, closed the hood again and left for work. On the way to work, in the friggin' drive-thru for coffee of all places, I realized my power windows were not working at all. Parked the bronco for my 12 hour shift, decided to deal with the next day, came out after my shift, and the windows worked. So weird. A few weeks later, I had a little extender made up to run the out the front grill for easy access to the plug all winter. Popped the hood, plugged it into the factory cord, ran it along to the front, stuck it out through the foglight hole, closed the hood, left for work. Again, in the drive thru, realized my windows weren't working. Again, after a 12 hour rest while I was at work, the windows started working again. I haven't had any issues with the windows outside of these two instances, and that seems like too big a coincidence to ignore. Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Any ideas why this might have happened?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect the two are completely unrelated unless you have some really weird grounding issue happening.

The block heater doesn't even interface with the vehicle's electronics... so it would be very bizarre to have the two impact each other. BUT, that doesn't rule out a grounding problem.

OP
OP
AKav23

AKav23

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suspect the two are completely unrelated unless you have some really weird grounding issue happening.

The block heater doesn't even interface with the vehicle's electronics... so it would be very bizarre to have the two impact each other. BUT, that doesn't rule out a grounding problem.

I couldn't fathom how they were related at all. My only long shot was, maybe the wiring for window power is close enough to the block heater that I jiggled it moving the block heater cord? But then it fixed itself after a long shut off. I haven't had a single other issue, so I'm not overly concerned, just curious I guess. If it happens a third time, then I'll start to worry more. 😂 Just such a weird coincidence to me! Lol
Sponsored