Sponsored

Warn VR EVO10 winch for $289.99 after rebate!

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps and one lone Bronco (so far)
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
BACK IN STOCK!

Just got word that our Kentucky warehouse got in a few pallets of the VR EVO10 today. They're going to fill all backorders first and will still have some left over.

Soooo.... get your order in before this batch is gone or you have to wait for the next one!

https://www.northridge4x4.com/warn-evo-winches

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine paying $270 for a winch and thinking you are getting a good quality winch...

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a screaming deal. I payed $535 (with discount) for an EVO 10 this past May. Can't get any better than this. You can take those savings and get a Freedom Winch Rope to replace the steel cable for about $300.
Wouldn't the roller fairlead also need to be swapped out if switching to synthetic? Still, even all-in with new fairlead and synthetic line, at that purchase price the buyer should be well ahead of normally available pricing for a similar EVO-S model.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine paying over $1000 for a winch and not realizing you are buying a 50% profit margin product that isn't much higher quality than the $270 winch.
I can't imagine that either, but you think the Chinese built Warn is gonna be a good quality winch? I mean when you have to use the winch, it needs to work and work well and be reliable. Plus I guess most Americans just don't get dealing with China isn't a good thing. Now, if you are just putting it on a mall crawler, well I guess parking the China thing aside, you'd be just fine with any brand winch. For the record, I do believe Warn's American made winches are priced too high, especially if you opt for synthetic rope. Which is why I had to go elsewhere. You might be right about the profit margin on those Warns.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine that either, but you think the Chinese built Warn is gonna be a good quality winch? I mean when you have to use the winch, it needs to work and work well and be reliable. Plus I guess most Americans just don't get dealing with China isn't a good thing. Now, if you are just putting it on a mall crawler, well I guess parking the China thing aside, you'd be just fine with any brand winch. For the record, I do believe Warn's American made winches are priced too high, especially if you opt for synthetic rope. Which is why I had to go elsewhere. You might be right about the profit margin on those Warns.
If Warn has a presence at the factory I think they can absolutely maintain a reasonable level of quality. This isn't some brand new winch that's untested. It's likely not professional quality but I can't find anything that says it isn't solid for occasional use. If I was a guide or constantly ran trails it would make a ton of sense to go Zeon.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even with my last post, I still agree with you to not buy from China when you can. I'm not a mall crawler but I do have 2 very young kids that keep me from getting out as much as I want. With that said, $270 is hard to argue against from Warn, insane good deal.

Trade is important. American made is #1. But I like buying European at the same time. They drive quality products and they import a ton of American goods.

Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even with my last post, I still agree with you to not buy from China when you can. I'm not a mall crawler but I do have 2 very young kids that keep me from getting out as much as I want. With that said, $270 is hard to argue against from Warn, insane good deal.

Trade is important. American made is #1. But I like buying European at the same time. They drive quality products and they import a ton of American goods.
Agreed, I like to buy American first and then our good allies that seem to make quality stuff and then anyone but China if I can avoid Chinese stuff, but lots of times, you can't avoid everything from China, hence my manual transmission in the Bronco sadly, but when I can I do. I tried to go with Warn first, the Zeon 10 was like $1200, maybe a little less, but that was for steel. I kind of wanted to go with steel, but the issue of weight and safety concerns pulled me eventually to synthetic, but apparently Warn synthetic is made of gold, because the upcharge was $350 alone, literally they were charging more for the upgrade than they are selling the above winch for, how the hell is that. To go from $1200 (steel) to $1550 (rope) was a bridge too far. Trying to avoid China, I had to stay in the Far East. And after a bunch of research, any I could find, which was positive, however, little, I landed with our allies that probably beat on their vehicles as bad as we do, the Austrialians 🤣. I got a Sherpa 4X4 Mustang. I ended up paying about $1287 or so. Having said that, I should have avoided the wireless remote and could have saved a bunch of $$, would have been around $1150. Still huge money, but it did come free shipping from Austraila and was also no tax because of some duty free monbo jumbo free trade stuff. So effectively it was cheaper. I say pass on the remote because the wired set up is 11' long and to me that almost like being wireless. I could have saved more since I bought the Sherpa isolator and fuse as well. But being a better mechanic than an engineer, I figured buying all of their products would make the install easier and be matched exactly to their product. Anyway the Mustang comes with either synthetic or steel. But Sherpa charges the same amount. I figured I'd get a cover to keep the rope out of the sun and dry since that was a steel advantage, better durability. But sadly I bought a cover from China, only because Sherpa wanted $89 for their cover. That was and has been my only complaint so far. Charging that much for a $12 cover, super lame. I've only used it twice now in the field, so far, so good. I do intend to keep it a long time, so hopefully it will be a good purchase. And for the record, I wasn't trying to be insulting saying what I said about a mall crawler and not calling you one. Just saying people that are can get whatever off road gear they want, because they are unlikely to use it. I'll be trail boss in another week again, so there may be another opportunity to see how it works out.

I see you are from GA, where abouts and what good places do you go wheeling? I've been to Sarah's Creek Rd in Clayton, earlier in the year right after some nasty rain. Got her super dirty and I just missed the opening of Beasley Knob by a few days. I need to make another trip eventually. And yep, I'm sure they made some profit off of me, but I'm hoping all the reviews I saw are what I will see too.

M_Bronco

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pacifica, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
BACK IN STOCK!

Just got word that our Kentucky warehouse got in a few pallets of the VR EVO10 today. They're going to fill all backorders first and will still have some left over.

Soooo.... get your order in before this batch is gone or you have to wait for the next one!

https://www.northridge4x4.com/warn-evo-winches
Please let me know when they are in stock.
Thank you

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldn't the roller fairlead also need to be swapped out if switching to synthetic? Still, even all-in with new fairlead and synthetic line, at that purchase price the buyer should be well ahead of normally available pricing for a similar EVO-S model.
When I installed I did not want steel or synthetic line, I wanted synthetic rope. Synthetic rope allows for use of a "boat tie down" style fairlead. So essentially, when I was shopping I was looking for the cheapest option knowing I was not going to use the included fairlead or cable.

So to be fair, I probably spent a bit over what an EVO 10S would have cost back in May for my full build. But buying the EVO 10 instead of the EVO 10S saved me about $275 irrc to go get the synthetic rope and fairlead with.

I've got pics here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...fication-for-2-7-rc-hidden-winch-mount.76350/

If you scroll down to the last 3 pics in the first post you can see my "boat tie down" style fairlead with the synthetic rope mounted using an EVO 10 with the RC hidden winch mount kit.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Imagine paying $270 for a winch and thinking you are getting a good quality winch...
We've got one on the Northridge4x4 Bronco and it has been pretty good. @Tech Tim has been wheeling that rig a lot and has done a fair amount of winching with it.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We've got one on the Northridge4x4 Bronco and it has been pretty good. @Tech Tim has been wheeling that rig a lot and has done a fair amount of winching with it.
Yes, I've got 30 or more winch pulls on that VR10 over the past year and it has been a pretty good winch. One plus is the winch body is a little smaller than the Zeons, so they give you a little more room around them in the bumper compared to a Zeon.

I've ran the Warn Zeon for many years, both an 8K and a 10K and they never had a problem with a lot of winching duties. They are in my book the top Warn winch (if you don't count the old school 8274! 😍). But that $269.99 VR EVO10 is one hell of a deal.

If you want to know more about the VR EVO vs the Zeon, check out the video we compared them in:

Sponsored