Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The red letters also just look like blocks to me and are completely ineligible. The white on grey definitely is crisper and offers better contrast.

I do like the design of the white one though. I'd be tempted to get one and paint it.
I don't think the letters are ineligible (it is a Bronco, after all), but they are illegible. Definitely just look like blocks, as you said.

OP, black letters would make the blockiness even worse since although the contrast would be higher, they would have less definition from shadow. I like the white-on-silver, but it needs white elsewhere as well. White wheels and/or white top would look amazing
Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put a new vintage grill on. It looks great but I'm still a little on the fence about it. Maybe where it's the only white on the Bronco or too many colors at play. Not sure.
I bought the same grill and definitely didn’t like the white. I also didn’t like the red letters that came with it because nothing else is bright red and the letters are more blocky.

So I painted the grill carbon black like the rest of the carbon black plastic, and I transferred the original white BRONCO letters from my OEM Badlands grill. Looks much better to me.
Ford Bronco Vintage Heritage Grill Installed IMG_5254

OP
OP
Bricktop

Bricktop

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the same grill and definitely didn’t like the white. I also didn’t like the red letters that came with it because nothing else is bright red and the letters are more blocky.

So I painted the grill carbon black like the rest of the carbon black plastic, and I transferred the original white BRONCO letters from my OEM Badlands grill. Looks much better to me.
Yes! That looks great! How did you mount the original letters in the new grill since I noticed they were melted in?

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put a new vintage grill on. It looks great but I'm still a little on the fence about it. Maybe where it's the only white on the Bronco or too many colors at play. Not sure.

I love the style though. Was thinking maybe paint the white carbonized grey with white letters. Same colors as before but with the new style.

Thoughts? Keep it, change it up or go back to original?

Did it come with the white camera housing?

Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you sir! Want to swap my badlands grill to the non painted (black) wildtrak grill and it’s unclear if it comes with a camera housing.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cactus grey looks so much better surrounded by white , surrounded by blacks and greys it looks very dull

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! That looks great! How did you mount the original letters in the new grill since I noticed they were melted in?
I removed the original letters by drilling into that melted pin on the back side with a 3/8” drill. Similar to how @BudgetBronco removed his letters here:

Only go far enough to release the letters so the posts are still left and not deformed.

After the letters were removed, I used a 7/64” drill bit and carefully drilled down the center of the post without going all the way thru the other side. The 7/64” made a hole similar to the aftermarket letters so i could use those screws to attach the letters to the new grill. The whole process is similar to this video (except I had removed the letters slowly with a drill bit instead of using a center punch):
Sponsored