Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford seems to be at it again for price increases. If you look at the prices I have put on there, they are now charging for almost every one of their paint colors. Pretty ridiculous really. They obviously aren't investing in proper website designers with that extra money. They cant even get matching rims on their generated image...

On another note, you can see there is now two molded in color hard top options, but it is not clear what the differences are other than one must be . for our Canadian friends to the north by spelling color, "colour". Anyone know what the difference in the two hard tops are? There is roughly a $500 difference in the two, but both appear to be molded in color carbonized gray hard tops. Haven't seen any threads on this yet.

Also, how long have been been waiting currently for builds roughly? I know my two door I got as part of the original reservation and orders took me 795 days. I highly doubt they are taking that long with how much stock is at the dealers currently.
Ford Bronco Updated Build And Price For 2024s: Charging for almost every paint color now 1717420948048-ny
Ford Bronco Updated Build And Price For 2024s: Charging for almost every paint color now 1717421342933-ro
Sponsored

cpher227

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C-Max Energi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed this price difference when using the Search inventory and found a "dealer ordered" model that matched my order at a different local dealership. Velocity blue was $295 and the MIC top was also $295 more than the old price according to the sticker. The problem is this seems to be a phantom vehicle because the link to the actual dealer website is broken.

I ordered a Big Bend, 2.3L non-SAS with the hard top on 3/19/24. It was pretty quickly assigned a 5/6/24 build date. I then changed my mind and ordered an OBX with pretty much the same spec (added the high/lux pkg) on 3/26/24. The dealer never cancelled my BB order because I've been able to track them both simultaneously. The BB was built on 5/11 and shipped on 5/20 and is expected at my dealership by 6/15.
Meanwhile, the OBX was not quite was promptly assigned the build week of 5/27, which was recently bumped to 6/3 and now bumped again to 6/10.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been a while since I built one online....

So, a 2-door BD with no options other than the auto trans is $47,660 now. Add Squatch and a few other things and $60K is coming up fast.

Are they trying to price themselves out of the market?

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed this price difference when using the Search inventory and found a "dealer ordered" model that matched my order at a different local dealership. Velocity blue was $295 and the MIC top was also $295 more than the old price according to the sticker. The problem is this seems to be a phantom vehicle because the link to the actual dealer website is broken.

I ordered a Big Bend, 2.3L non-SAS with the hard top on 3/19/24. It was pretty quickly assigned a 5/6/24 build date. I then changed my mind and ordered an OBX with pretty much the same spec (added the high/lux pkg) on 3/26/24. The dealer never cancelled my BB order because I've been able to track them both simultaneously. The BB was built on 5/11 and shipped on 5/20 and is expected at my dealership by 6/15.
Meanwhile, the OBX was not quite was promptly assigned the build week of 5/27, which was recently bumped to 6/3 and now bumped again to 6/10.

I agree. I first noticed this before the build and price on a window sticker for an Eruption green Bronco. It showed it was a $295 option. I was super confused at that point. Just find it ridiculous that Ford now charges for ANY color other than black, white, gray and silver. Pretty crappy on their part.

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree. I first noticed this before the build and price on a window sticker for an Eruption green Bronco. It showed it was a $295 option. I was super confused at that point. Just find it ridiculous that Ford now charges for ANY color other than black, white, gray and silver. Pretty crappy on their part.
And if they're gonna charge for paint colors, at least make them cool!

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, Jeep is pulling the same BS now charging for paint.
I just believe that unless you have a tricoat paint that require extra materials/steps or maybe a one off tinted clearcoat thats only used for one color, there is absolutely no reason to be charging for a paint color based on the shade of color. It truly is an all time low for Ford these days it seems with both quality and upcharging customers for every little thing.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if they're gonna charge for paint colors, at least make them cool!
Couldn't agree more! Although I do genuinely love Eruption green and Hot Pepper Red. Those two colors are amazing! However, it would be nice to have some other options such as an orange of some kind (not cyber orange/yellow they called orange before).

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just believe that unless you have a tricoat paint that require extra materials/steps or maybe a one off tinted clearcoat thats only used for one color, there is absolutely no reason to be charging for a paint color based on the shade of color. It truly is an all time low for Ford these days it seems with both quality and upcharging customers for every little thing.
It's not just Ford, seems most of the industry is charging for anything other than black/white/silver.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Charging extra for the metallic colors has always been a standard. The paint itself costs more so I'm not sure why you think that's unreasonable.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Been a while since I built one online....

So, a 2-door BD with no options other than the auto trans is $47,660 now. Add Squatch and a few other things and $60K is coming up fast.

Are they trying to price themselves out of the market?
They already did. I also paid $295 for my HPR on my 23.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Charging extra for the metallic colors has always been a standard. The paint itself costs more so I'm not sure why you think that's unreasonable.
They charged more for Tricoat metallic colors, Velocity Blue was a standard color before this, now it's an extra $300. Race Red isn't even metallic and it's also $300 now.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For 4 years the only paint charge was for the tri colors. What changed other than looking for another place to add a fee? Seems if it was an issue, they would have charged extra from day 1. My EG was the same price as the others and it is metallic.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has NEVER charged just because a paint is metallic and have bought several new vehicles in the last 20 years. Usually only charged if it was a tri coat paint or tinted clearcoat. This is new and shady of them. Shadow black, iconic silver and Carbonized gray are all metallic clearcoat paints. So your argument is not valid here. That is not the reason. So yes, because its not black metallic, gray metallic, or silver metallic, Ford has decided to charge. Hell, they are even charging for Race Red which is not a metallic clearcoat. This is just bad on Ford and cashing in on popular colors ordered.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They charged more for Tricoat metallic colors, Velocity Blue was a standard color before this, now it's an extra $300. Race Red isn't even metallic and it's also $300 now.
Exactly!! And shadow black, iconic silver, and carbonized gray. All metallic clearcoats.
Sponsored